Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Is There a Doctor in the House? High Ankle Sprain ?
(01-23-2023, 10:31 PM)samhain Wrote: Tramadol is pretty great.  I took one once when I hurt my back and was told it was a non-opioid anti-inflammatory drug.  I thought, gee it must be like really strong Tylenol or something.  No.  Unless the person taking it regularly uses opioids, it's packs quite a punch.  

Tramadol is a narcotic pain reliever that belongs to the opioid class, and NO WAY could someone play football or drive a car while taking it. 

Toradol is an NSID 
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling it's not as bad as they the Chiefs or sports media is letting on. We should be expecting to see a fully healthy Mahommes.
Reply/Quote
We should always prepare as if the other team is 100%, but there’s no way Mahoney is going to be anywhere near 100%. No chance. He couldn’t put any weight at all on it yesterday, and that was after it was taped up twice and I’m sure he had some painkiller shots. As time goes on it’ll swell up and get tighter and more painful before it begins to really heal.

As fans, it’s OK for us to think and talk about this realistically.

That said, he’s still Mahomes. He’ll beat us if we aren’t on our shit even if he’s only 50%.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 09:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've never had Tramadol so I can't say. I've had toradol though, and it's wonderful, but I doubt you could function as a QB while on it...lol

Sorry, I meant to say Toradol and not Tramadol. Work on the brain. Shannon Sharpe had a segment about how he played weeks with a high ankle sprain using it and sometimes an injection. Other people around the NFL have made similar statements so I don't think it's as uncommon as you would think. 
Reply/Quote
I’m adamant high ankle sprains are the shits. No way in hell he’s better than 75%. Mahomes @75% is Matt Stafford Justin Herbert Tua Dak. But that’s a lot different w/o Tyreek
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 09:18 PM)basballguy Wrote: I had this lingering in my head all day....i just KNEW there was another athlete sometime recently that got a high ankle sprain and didn't miss any time.  Just saw it on a Rich Eisen clip......It was Big Ben back in 2011.  Now i'm not saying Mahomes is a machine like BB was but it's another reason for me to expect Mahomes to play and still play at an extremely high level.

Was it his plant foot?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:24 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I have a feeling it's not as bad as they the Chiefs or sports media is letting on. We should be expecting to see a fully healthy Mahommes.

He was not fully healthy after the injury.  But you are wise to expect/prepare for some shenanigans this week.  The Chiefs have no reason to be straightforward, either way. .
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:51 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He was not fully healthy after the injury.  But you are wise to expect/prepare for some shenanigans this week.  The Chiefs have no reason to be straightforward, either way. .

Yep basically believe that opposite of whatever they say and right now they're trying to downplay it big time. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:48 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Was it his plant foot?

Yes, his right leg, so he can’t push off and won’t be able to scramble around.   Also, to note that was his worse personal rushing and passing performance in his career per ESPN.

He’s human but modern Rx meds will probably have him ready to go, so we need to prepare for him being 100%.  I’m just wondering what’s up with Cappa having the same injury…. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 05:03 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: They’ll game plan for Patrick Mahommes as if he is 100%.I feel like this injury is going to have little affect on his play.
They’ll shoot him up on torodol and tape it up,and he’ll be ready to go.

Torodol and tape good for Cappa, too?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I fully expect Mahomes to play. Probably be a quick passing game fron the Chiefs. He'll also make a throw or two that makes Romo cream his pants.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I remember Favre had the same injury as Mahomes does and he played a week later and threw 5 Touchdown passes back in 1995 against the Bears. Obviously I hope that doesn’t happen with Mahomes. I hope he throws 5 picks.
Reply/Quote
Someone answer this for me. If someone suffers a high ankle sprain and tries to play fooball with it, is it more susceptible to being injured again?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Fox’s NFL insider Jay Glazer gave the Chiefs some encouraging news. Glazer said:

"I was told by people in the Chiefs today that he woke up WAY better today than they thought he would. He’s still going to be dealing with the injury all week long but he expects to play next week.”

"If you follow Glazer, you know he is as tapped into the NFL as anyone. This is a pretty shocking update for Chiefs fans, in a good way, of course. ... it would have been reasonable to expect that once he started resting the ankle and swelling and stiffness set in that Mahomes would be feeling worse than when the adrenaline was pumping through him vs. the Jaguars."

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2023/01/22/patrick-mahomes-injury-update/
Reply/Quote
They hurt. That'll be $175.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 02:04 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Someone answer this for me.  If someone suffers a high ankle sprain and tries to play fooball with it, is it more susceptible to being injured again?

Yes. A sprain is a tear of the ligaments, so it can absolutely be made worse. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:12 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Tramadol is a narcotic pain reliever that belongs to the opioid class, and NO WAY could someone play football or drive a car while taking it. 

Toradol is an NSID 

Agree with the car part, but not the play football part.  I recall an Aaron Rodgers interview after he won a season opener vs the Bears about 5 years back.  He got clobbered and had to go to the locker room.  He came out and played his rear end off.  He was clearly higher than a giraffe's ass.
Reply/Quote
IMO outside the usual prep for Mahomes and what he can do, the defense needs to be ready to play against a run-heavy game plan from KC. Pacheco and McKinnon are tough.

Kansas City can run the ball. The rarely rely on it because they are coached by Andy Reid and have one of the best quarterbacks ever to play the game. Even when it's effective, they seem to almost get bored with it.

Lou has to have them prepared to go up against a really good o-line with 2 capable backs. Don't get caught by surprise.

Fortunately, we have some dudes on defense, including the best run-stuffing interior lineman in the game. We can not let KC do to us what we did to Buffalo last week, ie control the game by dominating the line of scrimmage. if Mahomes is limited, I could see them trying it.
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
(01-24-2023, 09:54 PM)samhain Wrote: Agree with the car part, but not the play football part.  I recall an Aaron Rodgers interview after he won a season opener vs the Bears about 5 years back.  He got clobbered and had to go to the locker room.  He came out and played his ass off.  He was clearly higher than a giraffe's ass.

Rodgers must have one hell of a tolerance to opioids.   A few years ago, I had a full shoulder replacement and was on those for 3-days and I couldn't tell you what day of the week it was.... I only knew that it ended in the letter Y. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:24 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Yes, his right leg, so he can’t push off and won’t be able to scramble around.   Also, to note that was his worse personal rushing and passing performance in his career per ESPN.

He’s human but modern Rx meds will probably have him ready to go, so we need to prepare for him being 100%.  I’m just wondering what’s up with Cappa having the same injury…. 

Dude can throw better flat footed than many can throw period.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote