Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean Hannity Hints Obama Did Cocaine, Smoked Weed With Travel Ban Judge
In Maher's defense....he has always been a strong advocate of freedom of speech, particularly when comedic license is involved.

It was a bad and offensive joke....mistakes happen when you do this every week for years. Pretty much every outlet and source puts their foot in their mouth fairly routinely like this.

I think Maher struggles to be funny any more, but his format is great (even if it always is 3 on 1). This really shouldn't be a story.
--------------------------------------------------------

(06-08-2017, 12:11 AM)Vlad Wrote: There you have it.

Indeed.

What "it" is is still a question though.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-07-2017, 02:51 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Do you even watch his show? News scrolls across the bottom of the screen literally the whole time while Sean yells and Bob Beckel for being liberal. 
Oh so that's where the news is? The tiny writing at the bottom. Lol
(06-07-2017, 02:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So an entertainer gives a hypothetical opinion of a former politician.  Where's the news?  Mellow

I don't have cable. When did Hannity move over to the Fox Entertainment Channel? I was only familiar with him as a host of programs on a channel called Fox News. Or is he on Comedy Central now?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(06-07-2017, 04:52 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: The lines are very, very blurred between shows like Real Time and The Daily Show and opinion shows on cable news.  But Bill Maher, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert have at, various times, prided themselves as the only way many of their viewers get and digest news.  So when they say something that is BS, they claim comedic license but still view themselves as an entirely legit opinion show on the news.

Hannity is horrible.  He doesn't give opinions on facts, he gives opinions on speculation/rumors.  He's actually pretty close to those guys, but without the humor.

Otherwise, I don't really get why people think opinions/editorials have no place on a news channel when they've been a staple of newspapers.  Not to compare Hannity with a WaPo editorial, but FNC has like 3M viewers most of whom probably know it's a opinion show and not straight news.  FNC is the source of all evil and ignorance, but only like 3% of voters watch it regularly.  Makes sense.

Fascinating analysis. One says, here is a fact that happened and now here are some jokes about said fact. The other says, here is something I made up, and now here are some more things I made up about said imagined event. These two are nearly identical.

It is kind of like saying, "Here is a Jeff Ruby's steak house in Cincinnati. And here is a dead oposssum on the side of the road in Cincinnati. These two dining opportunities are nearly identical."
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(06-08-2017, 01:55 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: In Maher's defense....he has always been a strong advocate of freedom of speech, particularly when comedic license is involved.

It was a bad and offensive joke....mistakes happen when you do this every week for years.  Pretty much every outlet and source puts their foot in their mouth fairly routinely like this.

I think Maher struggles to be funny any more, but his format is great (even if it always is 3 on 1).  This really shouldn't be a story.

Agree. The reason it really shouldn't be a story is it was a great joke.