Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Zac Really Happy With Irv Smith & Drew Sample
Tiger
Nice Smokescreen Zac!
Go get Mayer and stop being a Leggo Maniac

You'd hope that this is just a smoke screen. The guy that you picked up can't stay healthy and the gut bucket draft pick of the Zac era can't do much of anything. None other than Mr.Drew Sample who just lives better check to check!! The name that's right up there with top five second round busts of the last decade. Just draft a TE and use them for depth Zac Ok!!

https://youtu.be/gc8LLI5Cm1I
I thought that this video was a great prizm into what the actual thoughts are about the 2023 prospects. The coach tried his best not to give clues but he revealed quite a bit.
Reply/Quote
Sample and Irv pretty much mean that Duke and Zac don't have to double up on TE in the draft. It doesn't prevent them from taking one in the first if the draft falls that way.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Please stop the TE crap in the first... Grab a db or lineman and not waste it on someone getting 3 targets a game.
Reply/Quote
it's called coach speak and saying the right things

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
The TE won’t be a priority in this offense. They seem comfortable letting Burrow make it work with anyone out there at that position

And why not. It’s worked. I think a te at 28 isn’t really ideal and now they can grab one in the mid round.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
IDK
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 08:46 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
Nice Smokescreen Zac!
Go get Mayer and stop being a Leggo Maniac

You'd hope that this is just a smoke screen. The guy that you picked up can't stay healthy and the gut bucket draft pick of the Zac era can't do much of anything. None other than Mr.Drew Sample who just lives better check to check!! The name that's right up there with top five second round busts of the last decade. Just draft a TE and use them for depth Zac Ok!!

Last year they think teams figured out who’d they would draft. Romeo Doubs (Nevada) to Green Bay was one.. So they’ve been super careful with pro days and visits. With Hudson Hurst gone it’s obvious they have a need. I think TE is their first choice. But it’s going to have to be a ringer. They will go with BPA at several positions
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 09:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: The TE won’t be a priority in this offense. They seem comfortable letting Burrow make it work with anyone out there at that position

And why not. It’s worked. I think a te at 28 isn’t really ideal and now they can grab one in the mid round.

I actually think the offense had bad lulls last season without anyone to threaten the middle of the field. Teams kept running 2 high Safeties shading the outside. A TE and running game would eliminate that defense being effective.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 09:00 PM)ah5 Wrote: Please stop the TE crap in the first... Grab a db or lineman and not waste it on someone getting 3 targets a game.

Hurst averaged 5.3 targets per game. TEs also block. If we had a good TE, he'd get even more targets and continue to block.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
How many TEs out there put up great fantasy numbers?

You have to go all the way back to 2010 to get the full list of the last 10 TEs drafted in the first round.

Two of them were ours. Gresham and Eifert. They both had about 450 receiving yards the year we drafted Eifert and they both played for us and we won the North in 2013.
We also had Daniel Coats and JP Foschi at TE in 2009 the year we drafted Andre Smith and swept the North.
And then in 2010 we drafted Gresham went 4-12 with Palmer, and he quit like a b

I think we can get better value with another position in the first.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 10:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I actually think the offense had bad lulls last season without anyone to threaten the middle of the field. Teams kept running 2 high Safeties shading the outside. A TE and running game would eliminate that defense being effective.

No doubt teams were doing that against us and others like KC forcing the short stuff. The run game was indeed the answer. But the OL started slow then later injuries. Our run blocking was poor according to several analytic sites. It’s why they aren’t blaming Mixon. Their best run blocking games Mixon did very well. Funny how that works.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 09:00 PM)ah5 Wrote: Please stop the TE crap in the first... Grab a db or lineman and not waste it on someone getting 3 targets a game.

Approximately how I feel as well. TE is the 3rd least valuable non-special teamer position (behind RB and center). Why invest a first round pick on it?
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 09:01 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it's called coach speak and saying the right things

Thank you. You cannot trash your own guys. 

I'd be surprised if a TE is not taken by the end of Day 2. 
Reply/Quote
I'd love Mayer in round 1
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote

I put a lot of money on the table for CB. Too valuable and you can never have enough. Chido only has one year left. Great draft for DL and TE later. Also get OL later
Reply/Quote
Mitchel Wilcox in his short stint filling in for Hurst was basically the same guy as Hurts (efficiency wise)...who was the same guy as CJ. The baseline for what pretty much any TE can do in this offense is set and it's manageable. I think we will add another one in the draft but I don't think the team really has any concern on where they take them as long as they get someone they like.
Reply/Quote
Is it coach speak? Yeah sure could be. While coach speak does it mean it is not true? Nope sure doesn't. With the way the Bengals use the TE they could be perfectly fine with the TEs that they currently have whether the fans like that notion or not.

Do the current TEs on the roster mean that they have to double dip on TEs in this draft? Nope it absolutely does not. It does not mean they have to do anything with the position in the draft at all. That also does not mean they won't do anything in the draft or that they shouldn't. What is does mean is that they have positioned themselves very well in this draft.

Does this mean they have to take Mayer in the first if he is available? We can certainly hope not.
Reply/Quote
Mayer is slow, unathletic, and can't separate. He doesn't bring anything to this offense we didn't get from Wilcox (for how we use TE's in this system).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:08 AM)jj22 Wrote: Mayer is slow, unathletic, and can't separate. He doesn't bring anything to this offense we didn't get from Wilcox (for how we use TE's in this system).

I think you are being a little harsh here. The guy is a football player and catches everything. I still don’t think he is the right move at 28.

Would you have said the same thing about Tyler eifert? Similar production in college and literally tested the exact same.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 08:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: Mitchel Wilcox in his short stint filling in for Hurst was basically the same guy as Hurts (efficiency wise)...who was the same guy as CJ. The baseline for what pretty much any TE can do in this offense is set and it's manageable. I think we will add another one in the draft but I don't think the team really has any concern on where they take them as long as they get someone they like.

Absolutely. Plenty of good quality TE's they can get in rounds 3-4. They have the luxury of having a QB that simply makes players better at their positions and that includes TE. If TE was a position they targets 7-8 x a game then it's a different story.
Reply/Quote