Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone else still mad as hell?
(09-27-2015, 07:40 PM)Beaker Wrote: End of the half, we were getting the ball back anyway. Screw being timid and worrying about momentum, step on their throats!

Sorry you're butt hurts.
Reply/Quote
Yeah ..I'm always upset about winning against division rivals. Nothing could ever be worse than winning a game we could have lost ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:12 PM)Beaker Wrote: My guess is the NFL will come out this week and say the refs got the call wrong. It's true that a WR has to control the catch all the way to the ground. Its also true that a RB only has to break the plane. What they got wrong was that as soon as Eifert caught the ball, turned, and extended it over the goal line, he was making a "football move" with the ball and at that point became a runner. It was incorrectly ruled incomplete.
LOL... And you say I know nothing about football?
They got it right. Marvin said in the presser they got it right. A "runner" has different rules than a "receiver" when it comes to crossing the goal line.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:39 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I'm glad we won but I have been mad as hell since that absolutely ridiculous call on the obvious Eifert TD.

I can't get over it.  We would have been up 28-0 if not for that and the endzone pick.

Not to mention Marvin Lewis decided to not use any timeouts when we are at midfield with the ball before halftime.

Oh my god I am so pissed off

Let it go.  We won.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:40 PM)StripesInSuffolk Wrote: I think that's the core of my disagreement.  I think kicking the FG is equivalent to surrendering the momentum.  It does represent a mathematical advantage as a three-score lead, but I don't think it does very much to affect the Ravens' attitude about potentially coming back.

The momentum wouldn't have changed with us kicking a FG.  If anything they look at the scoreboard and know they are down three scores.  Mo is still ours -- and we get the opening kickoff of the 2nd half.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Nah. I should be but I'm not.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:39 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I'm glad we won but I have been mad as hell since that absolutely ridiculous call on the obvious Eifert TD.

I can't get over it.  We would have been up 28-0 if not for that and the endzone pick.

Not to mention Marvin Lewis decided to not use any timeouts when we are at midfield with the ball before halftime.

Bengals Won and are 3-0 ....Browns and Ravens both lost and Steelers Big Ben injured.....I feel like dancing  Dancing
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:03 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It's the rule, unfortunately.

I still think that kicking a FG would have been the right play call. Would have put the team up 17-0.

I tend to agree. I like to see Marvin being aggressive, but they way the game was going at the time I think 17-0 would have been a big blow to the rat turds.
Reply/Quote

I thought it was a TD myself. To me he caught it in play and when he turned to the endzone, the act of catching was complete and was a football move. I was probably more pissed that the refs let Steve Smith get away with OPI on the TD that gave them the 24-21 lead. That was pretty obvious. But we won so all is good.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm not nearly as mad at a stupid rule that applies to all teams than a HC that chose to go for it, instead of go up 17-0 and then pissed away another opportunity to get points before the half with poor clock management.  Marvin let the Ravens off the mat and he damn near paid for it.

I'm very, VERY happy with the win, but this kind of stupidity will not survive a good team in the playoffs.  This HAS to stop.  How can he STILL not know how to manage the clock?

This still blows my mind.  He is a terrible, terrible, time manager.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 08:55 PM)Guy Incognito Wrote: This still blows my mind.  He is a terrible, terrible, time manager.

Watching Marvin Lewis try to manage the clock is like watching a kid try a calculus problem who is still in algebra 2. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If we would have lost, I'd be really ticked. 1st, the Bearcats get hosed on an overturned call and then the Bengals. I guess that makes 1-1 on the week.

I don't know what a catch is these days. Eifert literally took 5 steps with possession and extended over the goal line. Yes, he lost posession before hitting the ground but how many steps are enough?
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 08:53 PM)cinci4life Wrote: I thought it was a TD myself. To me he caught it in play and when he turned to the endzone, the act of catching was complete and was a football move. I was probably more pissed that the refs let Steve Smith get away with OPI on the TD that gave them the 24-21 lead. That was pretty obvious. But we won so all is good.

I was livid about that one at first, but the replay showed it was either just hand checking or more initiated by Dre.  At that point I quit worrying about it.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 09:30 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: If we would have lost, I'd be really ticked.  1st, the Bearcats get hosed on an overturned call and then the Bengals.  I guess that makes 1-1 on the week.

I don't know what a catch is these days.  Eifert literally took 5 steps with possession and extended over the goal line.  Yes, he lost posession before hitting the ground but how many steps are enough?
That's an exageration.  At best he had 3 toe taps...
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 09:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That's an exageration.  At best he had 3 toe taps...

Just went back and watched again.  He had 4.  Catches it, gets right foot down, left, right, and left again before losing possession. 
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-09-27/tyler-eifert-td-catch-video-overturned-incomplete-pass-football-move-dez-bryant-bengals-ravens
We won so I'm not going to worry about it.
Reply/Quote
I'm really pissed off that Keith Gary almost ripped Ken Anderson's head off on Oct. 13th, 1983!

Anyone else really still pissed off about that?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 09:33 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I was livid about that one at first, but the replay showed it was either just hand checking or more initiated by Dre.  At that point I quit worrying about it.

Sorry but that was clear OPI.
Reply/Quote
I actually got pissed several times when they threw flags in their favor. I got so sick of seeing flags. It was almost unwatchable.
Reply/Quote
Momentum is abstract. it has about as much relevance to the game as the fart i just blew out.

Matter of fact, Dalton's pass to Green right after giving up the lead farts hard and heavy on momentum. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I guess 3 feet down and crossing the plane, doesn't equal a TD in baltimore.
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote