Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone else still mad as hell?
(09-27-2015, 11:15 PM)jtsmith38 Wrote: I guess 3 feet down and crossing the plane, doesn't equal a TD in baltimore.

Yeah... Dalton could have 10 TD passes right now... It sucks (Green week 1 and Eifert now)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
First off I'll say I hate the rule, but I knew as soon as it happened it would be overturned, because according to the rule it was not a catch. He has to control it through the ground....Period! The reason Marvin did not challenge it is because he's on the rules committee and understands the rule. We get screwed with enough bad calls not to be complaining about a good call that did not go our way. Makes us sound all "Harbaugh" doing that....
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 11:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: First off I'll say I hate the rule, but I knew as soon as it happened it would be overturned, because according to the rule it was not a catch. He has to control it through the ground....Period!  The reason Marvin did not challenge it is because he's on the rules committee and understands the rule. We get screwed with enough bad calls not to be complaining about a good call that did not go our way. Makes us sound all "Harbaugh" doing that....

Yea, we only cheer for a Harbaugh on saturdays....
Ninja
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 10:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Momentum is abstract. it has about as much relevance to the game as the fart i just blew out.

That's ridiculous. Momentum plays a role in all kinds of sports.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:05 AM)Utts Wrote: That's ridiculous. Momentum plays a role in all kinds of sports.

Until the other team makes a play, ala Green's 80 yd touchdown on the very next play. Then, it means nothing. Therefore, it meant nothing in the first place. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:38 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Until the other team makes a play, ala Green's 80 yd touchdown on the very next play. Then, it means nothing. Therefore, it meant nothing in the first place. 

That's not true.  Making a play is how you change momentum, yes.  Especially such a sudden and explosive play.  But it does exist.  It doesn't always decide games but it certainly can and does.  Otherwise know as getting on a roll.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:42 AM)McC Wrote: That's not true.  Making a play is how you change momentum, yes.  Especially such a sudden and explosive play.  But it does exist.  It doesn't always decide games but it certainly can and does.  Otherwise know as getting on a roll.

What good is momentum if it can be changed in one play?

Abstract.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:43 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What good is momentum if it can be changed in one play?

Abstract.

Cuz we have Mojo and Mojo trumps Momentum O_o
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:45 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Cuz we have Mojo and Mojo trumps Momentum O_o

Mojo is real.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:45 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mojo is real.  Cool

It's true!

I saw it once when I was killing a wolverine with a shovel my bare hands
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:49 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: It's true!

I saw it once when I was killing a wolverine with a shovel my bare hands

That still doesn't keep me from being pissed at Keith Gary for trying to rip Anderson's head off 32 years ago.  :angry:

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:52 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That still doesn't keep me from being pissed at Keith Gary for trying to rip Anderson's head off 32 years ago.  :angry:

And nothing ever will!

Hell, I knocked out a co-worker Friday because I was thinking about it when he asked if he could have one of my Cheetos.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 09:57 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Just went back and watched again.  He had 4.  Catches it, gets right foot down, left, right, and left again before losing possession. 
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-09-27/tyler-eifert-td-catch-video-overturned-incomplete-pass-football-move-dez-bryant-bengals-ravens
We won so I'm not going to worry about it.

Just a little ridiculous especially when it was ruled a TD on the field.  After getting four feet down he's a runner.  As a runner he just needs to break the plane... and did easily.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:43 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What good is momentum if it can be changed in one play?

Abstract.

I agree with this. This is why I am generally for resting starters in week 17 if you can. People say, "but they will lose momentum!" What happens if the opposing team returns the opening kick? Was it worth possibly hurting someone for that "momentum?" 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:48 PM)Fresno B Wrote: No. Next question.

You get pissed at Jeremy Hill being on Twitter but not at the refs making a bad call taking away points? LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:15 PM)StripesInSuffolk Wrote: It was the correct call.  The Bengals won.  Who gives a crap?

Jeff Triplett,who is head of NFL officiating,said it should have been ruled a touchdown.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:26 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I don't agree.  The right call was the FG or line up and try to get the Ravens to be offsides.  Going for it there was reckless.  The FG puts you up 3 scores.  You go for it and don't make it, it just fires up the opponent and gives them new life.

Exactly....and it did give them new life.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree, especially on the road. Take the 3 points - still amps up the pressure.

And I don't care if people would still rather have gone for it.  That is their choice, but one of the reasons MY choice would have been to kick the FG is because of what happened a year before:  up two scores (15-0) and it wasn't enough.  They flipped the momentum and passed the Bengals.  A three score lead can allow for the fumble TD and still trade punches without giving up the lead. 

Is 21-0 better than 14-0?  Of course it is.  And I get pinning the opposition back deep, but 17-0 was a virtual certainty at that range and you STILL get the ball to start the second half....even though he wasted a perfect opportunity right before the half.  (groan)
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:12 PM)Beaker Wrote: My guess is the NFL will come out this week and say the refs got the call wrong. It's true that a WR has to control the catch all the way to the ground. Its also true that a RB only has to break the plane. What they got wrong was that as soon as Eifert caught the ball, turned, and extended it over the goal line, he was making a "football move" with the ball and at that point became a runner. It was incorrectly ruled incomplete.

Thank you for making me feel sane and posting my own thoughts very clearly.  Agreed and obviously a difference from other cases of acrobatic or diving catches taking people to the ground.  Catch. Turn. Reach over plane. Play is over and nothing after counts.  

However, I don't share your confidence that they will admit this.
Reply/Quote

Abstract.

Since it's a concept, of course it's abstract.   No, you can't touch it.  But can you touch love or anger or any other emotion?  Doesn't mean they don't exist.

The real issue was firing up the home crowd, which was dead silent at the time.  And getting nothing did fire them up.  Difference of opinion.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote