Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Is it OK for biological males to compete against women?
Do you feel biological males should be able to compete against females while transitioning?

Would you feel comfortable with your daughter taking showers with biological males?

Riley Gaines is from Cincinnati and a former olympic swimmer who swam collegiately at UK. She addressed Dick Durbin's comments supporting trans athletes (used to be men) be able to compete and it is far for them to compete against women. She asked what about women' rights. I raised 3 daughters who were very good athletes. But none of them have the athletic tools to compete in soccer or basketball against men. My daughters worked their rear ends off to be the best and beat other females and eventually women.

I really think Durbin and liberals are playing with fire messing with women athletes and their stance take Title 9 backwards for women.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I think it is a tricky situation. The immediate idea is that hormone testing be used to ensure fair competition. However, we have seen that result in AFAB athletes rejected from competition because of conditions they are born with. In addition, we already have a society were cis-women are criticized harshly for not being femme enough and the hormone testing perpetuates that. It's a far more complicated situation than most people involved in the conversation would care to admit to.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I don't think it's a good idea but it's a minor problem. It concerns maybe 100 people on Earth.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
It is an issue that is blown far out of proportion to actual participants.

It is up to the various sports federations to set the standards for their sports

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 07:05 PM)pally Wrote: It is an issue that is blown far out of proportion to actual participants.

It is up to the various sports federations to set the standards for their sports

This is also true; it is blown way out of proportion. Given how much it's talked about you would think there is some tsunami of trans athletes wiping the floor with their competition. The percentages are just too low to make any sort of significant impact.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 07:05 PM)pally Wrote: It is an issue that is blown far out of proportion to actual participants.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
No
Full stop
Reply/Quote
Na.
Reply/Quote
Only in the classroom, or in chess and checkers, but not in physical athletics.

SO No, it is not!
Reply/Quote
Hard no from me on this one.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 07:32 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

Well there are women out there that can whoop some men's asses. I personally knew one 20 some years ago. As to the question posed by the OP, I'm gonna say no. I don't spend any time worrying about it though. I'm personally not really into women's sports, and it'd be disingenuous to pretend to be concerned about this issue. I'm live and let live on the trans issue in general though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If I had a daughter who came in 2nd place to a trans woman I'd have her story up on the internet with a DONATE NOW OR THE TRANS PEOPLE WIN button faster than you can say "genital inspection."

Personally, I think it was unfair that when I was in little league I had to compete against people who hit puberty before they turned 17, but hey enough about me.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 06:54 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I don't think it's a good idea but it's a minor problem. It concerns maybe 100 people on Earth.
How many women did Lia Thomas impact?
(06-21-2023, 07:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is also true; it is blown way out of proportion. Given how much it's talked about you would think there is some tsunami of trans athletes wiping the floor with their competition. The percentages are just too low to make any sort of significant impact.

So because it's not many people, it's ok to negatively impact their lives? They don't matter? The morally correct thing to do only applies if there's more than a hundred people it impacts?
Reply/Quote
There are studies that show bringing hormone levels of a transfemme (people born as a male with a predominantly feminine identity or gender expression) person to be more in line with your average female does eliminate some specific advantages even after they've gone through male puberty. That said it is still an area of active study and is far from settled. I predict that once the dust settles, the advantage of male puberty will vary from sport to sport. I agree with Pally that it should be up to the individual sports leagues and that it is a waste of congressional time to try to legislate it in such a hamfisted way.

I'm sure the capital class loves us squabbling over this instead of building working class solidarity though.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 03:12 AM)treee Wrote: There are studies that show bringing hormone levels of a transfemme (people born as a male with a predominantly feminine identity or gender expression) person to be more in line with your average female does eliminate some specific advantages even after they've gone through male puberty. That said it is still an area of active study and is far from settled. I predict that once the dust settles, the advantage of male puberty will vary from sport to sport. I agree with Pally that it should be up to the individual sports leagues and that it is a waste of congressional time to try to legislate it in such a hamfisted way.

I'm sure the capital class loves us squabbling over this instead of building working class solidarity though.

100% in agreement with this post.

Reply/Quote
I tend to agree with the posters above stating that this should be legislated by the leagues themselves, not the government. Biological males already can, and do, compete against women. For instance, when I was in high school we had three women on our varsity football team. Two of them regularly played. One was a kicker, but the other was a reserve linebacker. It was legal and they did it.

In general, I would say no but I think a decision like this should be handled by the league.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 06:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think it is a tricky situation. The immediate idea is that hormone testing be used to ensure fair competition. However, we have seen that result in AFAB athletes rejected from competition because of conditions they are born with. In addition, we already have a society were cis-women are criticized harshly for not being femme enough and the hormone testing perpetuates that. It's a far more complicated situation than most people involved in the conversation would care to admit to.

No it's not.  It's basic 1+1=2 simple.

Biological men don't belong in bathrooms or showers with women, nor do they belong in women's sports.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 12:47 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: How many women did Lia Thomas impact?

6 ? Considering not all athletes compete for the 1st place ?

There are neighborood with more people impacted with noise than that.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 09:02 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: No it's not.  It's basic 1+1=2 simple.

Biological men don't belong in bathrooms or showers with women, nor do they belong in women's sports.

I'd trust my wife in a bathroom with a transwoman or gay man more than them on the street with some of the neanderthal "real men" I've seen.
Reply/Quote