Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Is it OK for biological males to compete against women?
(06-25-2023, 08:20 PM)pally Wrote: I don't think, in this thread, that I have advocated for anything other than leaving the regulation to the sports federations.

Sure, but that inherently means you're ok with whatever they decide.

Quote:I have said nothing about the participants other than repeatedly pointing out, that the outrage, for some reason, is only aimed at transgendered women and not transgendered men.

I don't know if I'd use the term "outrage", but otherwise you're correct.  Why do you think that is?  Why do you think it's just an issue regarding transgender women in biological women's sports as opposed to transgender men in biological men's sports?  I have a inkling, but I'm curious as to your opinion. 

Quote:And of course, pointing out that the outrage is way out of proportion to the number of people affected.  

Immaterial.  Regardless, how many people have to be affected before you consider the "outrage" justified?  Give us a number.

Quote:It would be nice if all the people who were outraged over this topic would show the same level of emotion over the actual daily discrimination and hostility women experience rather than pulling out a singular issue that in day-to-day life only affects a couple of hundred people

This is the second time you've raised this point, yet you ignored my response to your previous assertion in this regard.  You can care about both and be completely consistent.  Responses in this thread don't indicate either way.  But your second attempt to change the narrative is noted.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2023, 08:20 PM)pally Wrote: I don't think, in this thread, that I have advocated for anything other than leaving the regulation to the sports federations. I have said nothing about the participants other than repeatedly pointing out, that the outrage, for some reason, is only aimed at transgendered women and not transgendered men.  And of course, pointing out that the outrage is way out of proportion to the number of people affected.  

It would be nice if all the people who were outraged over this topic would show the same level of emotion over the actual daily discrimination and hostility women experience rather than pulling out a singular issue that in day-to-day life only affects a couple of hundred people

Bingo.

For example the weight lifter.  He broke the rules in order to participate.  Either he never showed his ID which would show he identified as a woman for a year and therefore none of his "records" would count or he has identified as a woman for a year and has been participating in the men's division illegally.

None of them care about women's sports.  They care about marginalizing a group they think is weird because it makes them feel weird.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2023, 09:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: None of them care about women's sports.  They care about marginalizing a group they think is weird because it makes them feel weird.

Your ability to read minds is truly impressive.  You know when Serena Williams doesn't mean what she says and when the weightlifter in question is lying as to his intentions.  You should use these powers for good away from an internet message board.
Reply/Quote
Not sure how this help, well, anything.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2023, 09:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: Bingo.

For example the weight lifter.  He broke the rules in order to participate.  Either he never showed his ID which would show he identified as a woman for a year and therefore none of his "records" would count or he has identified as a woman for a year and has been participating in the men's division illegally.

None of them care about women's sports.  They care about marginalizing a group they think is weird because it makes them feel weird.

if there are men competing in women sports you cant call it women sports lol

I havent seen any case of the opposite happening yet.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 04:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not sure how this help, well, anything.

Makes sense.  Legal/Gov't documents should be accurate.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 04:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if there are men competing in women sports you cant call it women sports lol

I havent seen any case of the opposite happening yet.

He posted one, a boxer.  Of course boxing is a notoriously corrupt sport so I have my doubts.  But some of those flyweight dudes are smaller than most women.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 04:20 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Makes sense.  Legal/Gov't documents should be accurate.

They are...now they will change them all back after they paid and did the work to change them.

Seems petty.

So not unexpected.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2023, 04:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: They are...now they will change them all back after they paid and did the work to change them.

Seems petty.

So not unexpected.

I am not following you.  They are accurate because they are inaccurate?

If a male puts female on an official document are you saying that is accurate?
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 09:53 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I am not following you.  They are accurate because they are inaccurate?

If a male puts female on an official document are you saying that is accurate?

If the government recognized the change from male to female...or female to male which people never seem to think about  Cool...then yes, it was accurate.

To waste the time, money and resources to change them back for no reason other than political points is, for lack of a better word, petty.

It's the gop looking for solutions to a problem that doesn't exist...again.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 10:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: If the government recognized the change from male to female...or female to male which people never seem to think about  Cool...then yes, it was accurate.

To waste the time, money and resources to change them back for no reason other than political points is, for lack of a better word, petty.

It's the gop looking for solutions to a problem that doesn't exist...again.

You can't change from male to female or female to male.  It is not possible.  How can the Gov't recognize something that is not possible?

If you were born a male and put female on an official document you are falsifying that document.  

If I stop talking and only make bear sounds and start walking around on all four's and get hair implants covering my body to look like a bear am I now an actual  bear or a person pretending to be a bear?
Reply/Quote
I think this video might be pertinent to the topic at. I stumbled across this while surfing YouTube today. Long story short, there is an organization called "Street Beefs" that runs backyard MMA matches. I have watched a few before and they can be entertaining. Anyways, there is a fighter called "Gash" who is a trans female. She has a muay thai background, and she fights men. And she beats the shit out of the guys she fights. The leg kicks she throws are pretty tough. Anyways, her fights have been an entertaining watch.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 03:58 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think this video might be pertinent to the topic at. I stumbled across this while surfing YouTube today. Long story short, there is an organization called "Street Beefs" that runs backyard MMA matches. I have watched a few before and they can be entertaining. Anyways, there is a fighter called "Gash" who is a trans female. She has a muay thai background, and she fights men. And she beats the shit out of the guys she fights. The leg kicks she throws are pretty tough. Anyways, her fights have been an entertaining watch.

That’s pretty interesting. Lol

For some reason I just can’t remember which way the trans male/female description goes. Is a trans female a biological male or female?
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 11:02 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: That’s pretty interesting. Lol

For some reason I just can’t remember which way the trans male/female description goes. Is a trans female a biological male or female?

Trans man= female to male
Trans woman= male to female

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 11:53 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: You can't change from male to female or female to male.  It is not possible. 

There is more than one sort of definition for words. There are dictionary definitions, common usage definitions, legal definitions, scientific definitions, and more. So the first thing to establish is, which sort of definition are you talking about? Then we can actually talk about what that sort of definition is.  

Personally I think you should be able to regard yourself however you want. However there seems to be a re-occurring theme of transgendered people trying to make demands of others in an aggressive way. In my opinion that is toxic and makes me not want to be near you. The compromise (again in my opinion) should be that I and others respect that you are whatever gender you feel that you are BUT that you are not able to compete in sports under your non-birth gender. Maybe that sucks a little for you but it makes me respect you a whole lot more.

"Hey that person is a woman but they have to race with the birth males. I know that isn't what they wanted but they endured it in the name of fairness." Wouldn't you want people saying that rather than "No I don't care about that sport as much any more and some people won't even bother to compete in it anymore because the competition is not fair."

All that said, I recognize it is a small and uncommon issue. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 01:30 AM)pally Wrote: Trans man= female to male
Trans woman= male to female

Thanks you.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 06:40 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: There is more than one sort of definition for words. There are dictionary definitions, common usage definitions, legal definitions, scientific definitions, and more. So the first thing to establish is, which sort of definition are you talking about? Then we can actually talk about what that sort of definition is.  

Personally I think you should be able to regard yourself however you want. However there seems to be a re-occurring theme of transgendered people trying to make demands of others in an aggressive way. In my opinion that is toxic and makes me not want to be near you. The compromise (again in my opinion) should be that I and others respect that you are whatever gender you feel that you are BUT that you are not able to compete in sports under your non-birth gender. Maybe that sucks a little for you but it makes me respect you a whole lot more.

"Hey that person is a woman but they have to race with the birth males. I know that isn't what they wanted but they endured it in the name of fairness." Wouldn't you want people saying that rather than "No I don't care about that sport as much any more and some people won't even bother to compete in it anymore because the competition is not fair."

All that said, I recognize it is a small and uncommon issue. 

Biological.  You cannot change from male to female and vice versa.  You can put on different clothes, you can sew on different parts, you can cut off parts, you can make holes and you can inject hormones.   Absolutely none of that changes what you are biologically.  People can think and believe lot's of things, but it doesn't make it true.  No different then flat earthers and moon landing deniers.  They believe what they believe, but it doesn't make it reality.

Look, I really, genuinely don't care who does what with who in the privacy of their homes.  I don't care who marries who.  I draw the line with people trying, even somewhat forcefully, to have me believe in a fake reality.  It is ridiculous.  If Johnny wants to dress up and call himself Sally and he asks me to call him Sally I will do so as I am not going to be an ass or mean on purpose.  That's not how I roll. 

But if Johnny wants me to genuinely believe that he actually transformed into a real, biological female who should be competing against real, biological females that is a hard no. That is pure fantasy completely detached from reality and I am under no obligation to have to believe in a false reality.  Just like the video posted above.  It's two biological males fighting and one is dressed up like a female.  If I were to encounter that person would I be rude or make fun of them?  Nope, absolutely not.  That person has every right to dress as they want and use whatever name they want.

EDIT:  That video above is also a PERFECT example of why trans females should not be competing against biological females.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 06:11 PM)pally Wrote: you know who gets hurt by these narratives and laws.  Girls/women, who, if heaven forbid, happen to be taller, stronger, or much better than their opponent or look "masculine" will have to defend themselves against "transgender" police.

These people will weaponize their bodies against them...all in the name of "protecting" them

Do you have any examples where this is actually happening?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote