Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is it time to give Lou some props?
I said in preseason that this was the year to properly evaluate him due to personnel, which brought on the ire of some folks. His game plan against Lamar Jackson (which was similar to Dan Peas’s while w the Titans) was what gave me a glimmer of hope, due to his adjustments for that game. I wasn’t necessarily advocating for him, but wasn’t ready to throw dirt on him.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals defense is going to make Trevor Lawrence wish he got a job acting in a Dazed and Confused sequel instead of playing in the NFL. Big Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 09:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The Bengals defense is going to make Trevor Lawrence wish he got a job acting in a Dazed and Confused sequel instead of playing in the NFL.   Big Grin

"just remember it’s not a lie if you believe it."
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 07:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The defense is really coming together this season.  This was the third straight strong performance, despite the secondary being down their "money" CB.  The DL, LBs, and Safeties have been doing a tremendous job.  The entire unit finally seems like they're on the same page.

As for me, I'm going to have to take back some of the negative things and abhorrent thoughts that I've had about Lou Anarumo, over the previous two seasons.  What say the rest of you?

Being the homer I am, I've said all along I thought Lou would turn out to be a good coordinator and just had to get players to fit his system. Last year, no sensible person could judge him due to the injuries and a Left DE who just refused to play within the system. Hubbard plays within the system at Left DE, and is killing it. I can't wait to see this defense when Waynes and Awuzie get back.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 09:57 PM)GodFather Wrote: "just remember it’s not a lie if you believe it."

Haha.  As a life long Bengals fan, I've been living a lie for years.   But maybe, just maybe,  this is the summer of George.  Big Grin

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 08:54 PM)jason Wrote: I'm gonna have to see it against a good team first, but so far so good.

They've shut down 3 teams that love to run the football, control the LOS and dictate the flow of the game.  You don't think those were worthy opponents?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 10:09 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Haha.  As a life long Bengals fan, I've been living a lie for years.   But maybe, just maybe,  this is the summer of George.  Big Grin

George deserves some Bengals love and the time is now! George has been too angry for years! Now I think it's time for George's lunch!
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 10:13 PM)GodFather Wrote: George deserves some Bengals love and the time is now! George has been too angry for years! Now I think it's time for George's lunch!

serenity now...........Bengals beat the Steelerz in their house.........serenity now !!!! 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 10:18 PM)CincyKid Wrote: serenity now...........Bengals beat the Steelerz in their house.........serenity now !!!! 

For I am Roethlisberger…lord of the idiots.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 10:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They've shut down 3 teams that love to run the football, control the LOS and dictate the flow of the game.  You don't think those were worthy opponents?

Eh... I feel like that's a loaded question. We've been among the NFL's worst teams the past coupla seasons. Until we prove otherwise, they're ALL worthy opponents (including the lowly Jags in a few days). The Steeler offense looks cooked, and Chicago ain't exactly a juggernaut either.

Does our defense appear to be greatly improved? Hell yes... But I'm remaining cautious. It's a 3 game sample size, and they haven't faced a top QB yet. They're coming though.

I'm happy with where we're at. I'm not sure Lou's gonna be getting interviewed by other teams any time soon though. You never know though. Anyway... It's nice to be playing competitive football right now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 07:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Through 3 games...they're allowing just 317 total yards, 78 rushing yards and 18 points per game. 

Incredible in my book. 

Now I don't see these numbers holding this low when facing higher powered offenses.

Yet do see this defense getting better as the players get more familiar with each other and gel more as unit.

Which is scary good for us. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 08:47 PM)Amalone002 Wrote: Always believed. Anyone can see he did good with what he had the last 2 years. No matter who was the D coordinator last year, still need the players to get it done. But he shut Lemar down last year.

Never got the Lou hate but I let the haters tall away and let the defense show for itself. And to those still not bought in, stay tuned. You gonna learn today!

He's doing well, but to say you've "never" understood the Lou hate is kinda ridiculous.

The defense was abysmal for 2 years and we gave up numerous 200 yard rushing days.

I'm on board with anybody who helps my team win. If your performance sucks and it hurts my team, what kind of fan would I be if I didn't call it out?

I'm ecstatic he righted the ship though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The defense has improved in tackling and slowing down the rush but before we give Lou an extension and all the love in the world let's see how it plays out across the remainder of the season.

The QBs they've played are Kirk Cousins, Justin "I'll be bagging groceries like all other OSU QBS soon" Fields, and the corpse of piggy.

Happy with the improvement, glad to see it trending in the right direction but show it for a full season (especially after failing for two seasons) before I'm jumping on the Lou got it figured out bandwagon.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:05 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The defense has improved in tackling and slowing down the rush but before we give Lou an extension and all the love in the world let's see how it plays out across the remainder of the season.

The QBs they've beaten are Kirk Cousins, Justin "I'll be bagging groceries like all other OSU QBS soon" Fields, and the corpse of piggy.

Happy with the improvement, glad to see it trending in the right direction but show it for a full season (especially after failing for two seasons) before I'm jumping on the Lou got it figured out bandwagon.

Well, technically we didn’t beat Fields.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, technically we didn’t beat Fields.

Well they beat Fields.... just Dalton scored some points first, but true I'll fix that. Meant to say played.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:10 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Well they beat Fields.... just Dalton scored some points first, but true I'll fix that. Meant to say played.

Fields was bad against us, but he made two huge plays that helped them win; recovered the fumble Logan Wilson tried to scoop up, and shook off Hendrickson to run for a 1st down to seal the game.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Fields was bad against us, but he made two huge plays that helped them win; recovered the fumble Logan Wilson tried to scoop up, and shook off Hendrickson to run for a 1st down to seal the game.

Yeah, but take off the points from Dalton and see how he handles the pressure of having to lead the team to get a win. 

The guy passed for 68 yards today over 4 quarters. He looked horrible... absolutely horrible. 

Hell against the Bengals he tossed for 60 yards and an INT. That isn't going to work in the NFL

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:30 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yeah, but take off the points from Dalton and see how he handles the pressure of having to lead the team to get a win. 

The guy passed for 68 yards today over 4 quarters. He looked horrible... absolutely horrible. 

Hell against the Bengals he tossed for 60 yards and an INT. That isn't going to work in the NFL

Oh he looks bad, no doubt. He’s not the only rookie QB that looks like ass so far though. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:30 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yeah, but take off the points from Dalton and see how he handles the pressure of having to lead the team to get a win. 

Yeah Fields wasn't ready and the team is atrocious.

The Bears just caved to fan pressure.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Definitely an improvement, but we have gone against 3 bad offensive lines so I want to see them do good against a stronger line. Definitely going to need Waynes back before we start hitting those teams
Reply/Quote