Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it time to move on from Dalton
The more I look at last season compared to the rest of Dalton's career it looks more and more like a fluke. Now we are looking at a season with an OC who has never held that position before and two of our best WRs gone. There is a good chance Daton will struggle under these conditions. And of course he is also trying to come back from an injury.

There are still teams out there desperate for a QB. We could get a kings ransom for Dalton right now and I always say "sell high". With the players and/or draft picks we get in return we could solidify the O-line and bring in some quality WRs. Then we either roll with Mccarron or draft Cordell Jones. They are both Championship QBs. They know how to win the big games where Dalton always fails.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 01:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The more I look at last season compared to the rest of Dalton's career it looks more and more like a fluke.  Now we are looking at a season with an OC who has never held that position before and two of our best WRs gone.  There is a good chance Daton will struggle under these conditions.  And of course he is also trying to come back from an injury.

There are still teams out there desperate for a QB.  We could get a kings ransom for Dalton right now and I always say "sell high".  With the players and/or draft picks we get in return we could solidify the O-line and bring in some quality WRs.  Then we either roll with Mccarron or draft Cordell Jones. They are both Championship QBs.  They know how to win the big games where Dalton always fails.

Hilarious  Good one!
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This has to be a joke, right?
:andy:
Reply/Quote
Im going to pretend for a moment you're serious... never mind I can't do it, I can't take this seriously.
Reply/Quote
Whats the "fred angle" fred, you always have one.

Reply/Quote
Now you just need to swap out that aging Sgt Slaughter turned lawyer avatar for an AJ McCarron one and you'll be all set.

[Image: SgtSlaughter17.jpg]

[Image: categories_Cincinnati_Bengals_AJ_McCarro...75x175.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 02:07 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Whats the "fred angle" fred, you always have one.

I am embarrassed that I have been forced to stoop to the level of defending the Taylor Mays signing.  So I am trying to find something else to pick a fight over.

Plus Cordell jones has a much stronger arm than Dalton.  He has so much more upside than Noodles Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Is it time to move on from fred's boredom? My boredom is considerably better looking, and less "button push-y"
Reply/Quote
To be fair a guy who always called Dalton "Noodles" still posts here.

I am waiting to see what he has to say.
Reply/Quote
I wish I could have 1/8th of the downtime Fred has. That would give me 3 hours of downtime a day. You do the math.

Reply/Quote
LOL.

Yeah, lets go trade away the QB who just had his best season.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Best idea ever
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To be fair a guy who always called Dalton "Noodles" still posts here.

I am waiting to see what he has to say.

The arm-strength argument takes me back to the Go-Bengals board days that put me off to message boards for quite awhile... It was worse than this last playoff loss, and that's saying a heck of a lot.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 01:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The more I look at last season compared to the rest of Dalton's career it looks more and more like a fluke. Now we are looking at a season with an OC who has never held that position before and two of our best WRs gone. There is a good chance Daton will struggle under these conditions. And of course he is also trying to come back from an injury.

There are still teams out there desperate for a QB. We could get a kings ransom for Dalton right now and I always say "sell high". With the players and/or draft picks we get in return we could solidify the O-line and bring in some quality WRs. Then we either roll with Mccarron or draft Cordell Jones. They are both Championship QBs. They know how to win the big games where Dalton always fails.

I really hope this another one of your sarcasm threads.
Reply/Quote
You take these boards far to seriously
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 01:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The more I look at last season compared to the rest of Dalton's career it looks more and more like a fluke.  Now we are looking at a season with an OC who has never held that position before and two of our best WRs gone.  There is a good chance Daton will struggle under these conditions.  And of course he is also trying to come back from an injury.

There are still teams out there desperate for a QB.  We could get a kings ransom for Dalton right now and I always say "sell high".  With the players and/or draft picks we get in return we could solidify the O-line and bring in some quality WRs.  Then we either roll with Mccarron or draft Cordell Jones. They are both Championship QBs.  They know how to win the big games where Dalton always fails.

Trade him to the Browns and get the second pick in the draft.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 02:28 PM)milksheikh Wrote: LOL.

Yeah, lets go trade away the QB who just had his best season.

You sale when the price is highest.

In '16 Dalton will be dealing with recovering from an injury, working with an inexperienced OC, and having only one good WR.  If he regresses his value will drop dramatically.
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure Dalton will be here as long as Lewis is. Can we trade both of them in a packaged deal?
Reply/Quote
Who's Cordell Jones?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

LMAO! As much as I was unhappy (really unhappy) with Dalton's showing in 2014 and all of his playoff sub-performances, I must say that you are joking.

(03-18-2016, 02:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am embarrassed that I have been forced to stoop to the level of defending the Taylor Mays signing.  So I am trying to find something else to pick a fight over.

Plus Cordell jones has a much stronger arm than Dalton.  He has so much more upside than Noodles Dalton.

How is that Taylor Mays thing working out for ya?

(03-18-2016, 06:52 PM)jason Wrote: Who's Cordell Jones?

A major project. Might be ready for the 2020 season.

Reply/Quote