Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it too early?
He is terrible but let's be honest he's going to be here for a while. Also that Dline is pretty good so I think that should be taken a counted for.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:25 PM)J24 Wrote: He is terrible but let's be honest he's going to be here for a while. Also that Dline is pretty good so I think that should be taken a counted for.

Yes, we all are quite aware that we are stuck with this bozo for a while..  Most teams would have either shit-canned his ass, or at least made certain that there was a more competent up and comer waiting in the wings.

As for the Jets DL being so great.  Yes, they are good.  But, not 7 sacks and less than 2 ypc against our "vaunted" top 5 OL to handle. Especially when you consider the fact that they are coached by the master, err I mean maestro Paul Alexander..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Too early. First game of the season against a terrific interior Oline.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Too early. First game of the season against a terrific interior Oline.

Sorry man, going to have to differ with you on this point.  Some of the things that I witnessed were not characteristic of a 3rd year professional offensive lineman.  If Bodine were a developmental guy, just called up, I might understand and have sympathy for the guy.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, we all are quite aware that we are stuck with this bozo for a while..  

Not the people who know how the Bengals work.  Ghiacuic was given 3 years as a ful time starter befoer he was replaced.  Kyle Cook was given one after injuries made him ineffective.  If Bodine does ont play better this yera he will be replaced.  

But one game into the season is too early to write him off, but I guess all the haters of Hunt, Nugent, and Kirkpatrick have to go somewhere to get their cry on.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure Alexander has already prepared an eloquent defense of Bodine, to protect him from the awful people who will be asking about the performance.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: To post a thread bashing Bodine?  The guy was literally a turnstile today, on one particular play I watched him turning his head each direction, as he watched Jets DLmen blow right by.  And, if I have to continue to see him turn to look at Andy, under a pile, with his hands on his freakin' hips, I may just have to jump through the TV screen and sling his ass by his facemask.

Too early? Not at all. We're praising some guys who played well, so why not point out the guys who aren't. The Jets schemed and stunted and Bodine stayed confused. So were some of the other OLmen.

The whole OL needs some work.

Paul Alexander has egg on his face right now. He's the guy I'm ticked off at cause he keeps talking up Bodine and Bodine hasn't improved. Certainly the coach should have seen this coming.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not the people who know how the Bengals work.  Ghiacuic was given 3 years as a ful time starter befoer he was replaced.  Kyle Cook was given one after injuries made him ineffective.  If Bodine does ont play better this yera he will be replaced.  

But one game into the season is too early to write him off, but I guess all the haters of Hunt, Nugent, and Kirkpatrick have to go somewhere to get their cry on.

Baloney, the guy looked worse than a developmental player.  He literally turned his head side to side, watching defenders go past, and didn't even have the presence of mind to step in front of one of them.  Hell, I never even noticed him offering Andy a hand up from the ground.  Not sure how even you can make any sort of positive excuses for the guy, after that performance.

As for Hunt?  I'm thrilled for the guy, as he finally earned a game check.  Nugent?  Didn't he have a miss?  Kirkpatrick had as many let downs as he did plays made.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: To post a thread bashing Bodine?  The guy was literally a turnstile today, on one particular play I watched him turning his head each direction, as he watched Jets DLmen blow right by.  And, if I have to continue to see him turn to look at Andy, under a pile, with his hands on his freakin' hips, I may just have to jump through the TV screen and sling his ass by his facemask.
Never too early to state the obvious before it get real bad.

Westerman needs to either start learning C or our great QB might get killed.

We are playing Pitt next week too...

Andy needs to push this guys ass for his and the whole teams good. Doubt PA does.

Don't be suicidal now.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Baloney, the guy looked worse than a developmental player.  He literally turned his head side to side, watching defenders go past, and didn't even have the presence of mind to step in front of one of them.  Hell, I never even noticed him offering Andy a hand up from the ground.  Not sure how even you can make any sort of positive excuses for the guy, after that performance.

As for Hunt?  I'm thrilled for the guy, as he finally earned a game check.  Nugent?  Didn't he have a miss?  Kirkpatrick had as many let downs as he did plays made.

Beautifully said man
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Never too early to state the obvious before it get real bad.

Westerman needs to either start learning C or our great QB might get killed.

We are playing Pitt next week too...

Andy needs to push this guys ass for his and the whole teams good. Doubt PA does.

Don't be suicidal now.

Not sure that Westerman is the answer.  The only guy on the OL with any actual C experience that I would trust, Boling.  If the Bengals were to do something radical with the OL, which they likely won't, I would do something like this.  Whit at LT, Fisher at LG, Boling to C, Zeitler stay at RG, and Ogbuihe stay at RT.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, we all are quite aware that we are stuck with this bozo for a while..  Most teams would have either shit-canned his ass, or at least made certain that there was a more competent up and comer waiting in the wings.

As for the Jets DL being so great.  Yes, they are good.  But, not 7 sacks and less than 2 ypc against our "vaunted" top 5 OL to handle.  Especially when you consider the fact that they are coached by the master, err I mean maestro Paul Alexander..

Great Dline are going to feast on olines when the offensive coordinator refuses to run the ball. 
J24

Reply/Quote
If this were the first game where Bodine has made all these mental mistakes or if he were still a rookie it would be too early. But he in year three and still makes the rookie mental errors and in this game he also got out physicaled too. So no, it isn't too early.

Eric Ghiacuc is still the worst Center in team history (and one of the worst in NFL history) but Bodine may be challenging him.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not sure that Westerman is the answer.  The only guy on the OL with any actual C experience that I would trust, Boling.  If the Bengals were to do something radical with the OL, which they likely won't, I would do something like this.  Whit at LT, Fisher at LG, Boling to C, Zeitler stay at RG, and Ogbuihe stay at RT.

Sounds great to me. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:52 PM)J24 Wrote: Great Dline are going to feast on olines when the offensive coordinator refuses to run the ball. 

What game were you watching?  The run wasn't there.  At all..  Hill had one decent run, the TD.  Gio had one decent run, the 11 yarder.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol, I figured as much.  But, you know, my fan rage merits it's own thread.  Besides, a sucky performance as he did, deserves it's own derogatory thread.
The whole O line was garbage today.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:57 PM)jason Wrote: The whole O line was garbage today.

I think the Jets DL was just that much better or at least I hope so.

They were already talented but they were really fired up.

Our OL needs to look at sum tape and take care of our great QB
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What game were you watching?  The run wasn't there.  At all..  Hill had one decent run, the TD.  Gio had one decent run, the 11 yarder.

It's about how many times you run the ball not only the YPC. If the team knows your going to throw all the time then they won't respect the pass.
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:35 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Not too early for me. And what disturbs me even more is the lack of an alternative currently on the team. Dalton won't likely survive with many more performances like today.

The Bengals won't be facing one of the top 5 defense every game, so I don't think so.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:57 PM)jason Wrote: The whole O line was garbage today.

this 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote