Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it too early?
(09-13-2016, 05:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hes our starting center for 2016 no matter how much we complain.

Lets not act like the jets don't have a DL that is as good or better than ours  cause they do.  Also I wouldn't recommend trying that while it looks easy to push him around...  Hes a big strong dude.  but bodine does need to improve.  we need a Center consultant.

He appears to be big and strong, but there is a total and complete difference between gym strong and athletic strong.  To put it in perspective, he should pay much less attention to chest and arms days and start making glutes and lats days his mainstay.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 06:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He appears to be big and strong, but there is a total and complete difference between gym strong and athletic strong.  To put it in perspective, he should pay much less attention to chest and arms days and start making glutes and lats days his mainstay.

Says who?

[Image: Tony+Mandarich.jpg]

Ninja Ninja Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 05:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hes our starting center for 2016 no matter how much we complain.

Lets not act like the jets don't have a DL that is as good or better than ours  cause they do.  Also I wouldn't recommend trying that while it looks easy to push him around...  Hes a big strong dude.  but bodine does need to improve.  we need a Center consultant.

Why would we need a Center consultant when we allegedly have the Dean of all O line coaches.....a HOFer in waiting.....hand picking this guy and his position coach. Hmm

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Bodine is blackmailing the Piano man and the Piano Man is blackmailing Mike Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 07:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Says who?

[Image: Tony+Mandarich.jpg]

Ninja Ninja Ninja

Exactly, all show and no-go.  Heck, the thing that irks me the most about Bodine isn't even his lack of lower body strength, but his total lack of footwork and instinct to simply get in front of an opposing defender.  He stands there, in a pseudo athletic stance, like he's expecting someone to attack him head on...

(09-13-2016, 08:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: Why would we need a Center consultant when we allegedly have the Dean of all O line coaches.....a HOFer in waiting.....hand picking this guy and his position coach. Hmm

Hey, didn't we hire PA an understudy a year or two ago?  Perhaps it's time to promote the understudy and see what he's got?  Well, maybe not, since he's not had much of an impact on Bodine thus far...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: C'mon man, don't give me that "Zeitler looked bad today, too" crap.  He's playing between Bodine on his left, and basically a stone cold rookie on his right.  Hard to not look bad on that side of the line.

That's no excuse for missing the amount of blocks he missed too. At least be consistent. If youre gonna call out Bodine for playing like crap, then you gotta call out Zeitler too.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 08:52 PM)Beaker Wrote: That's no excuse for missing the amount of blocks he missed too. At least be consistent. If youre gonna call out Bodine for playing like crap, then you gotta call out Zeitler too.

Ok, sure.  He missed some blocks.  But, I tend to give him a pass, as his attention surely was diverted between babysitting Bodine and Ogbuihe.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 08:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exactly, all show and no-go.  Heck, the thing that irks me the most about Bodine isn't even his lack of lower body strength, but his total lack of footwork and instinct to simply get in front of an opposing defender.  He stands there, in a pseudo athletic stance, like he's expecting someone to attack him head on...

Hey, didn't we hire PA an understudy a year or two ago?  Perhaps it's time to promote the understudy and see what he's got?  Well, maybe not, since he's not had much of an impact on Bodine thus far...

Yes....we did.  So far...the both of them can't coach two dogs #*€$ing.

I saw Bodine engage a defender for a brief moment....then just let him go and start looking around for someone else when his man was clearly collapsing the pocket.  That's just one instance off the top of my head.

SunsetBengal
(09-13-2016, 09:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ok, sure.  He missed some blocks.  But, I tend to give him a pass, as his attention surely was diverted between babysitting Bodine and Ogbuihe.

Those two definitely didn't do him any favors.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Zeitler had a bad game. Bodine has had a bad career.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 08:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exactly, all show and no-go.  Heck, the thing that irks me the most about Bodine isn't even his lack of lower body strength, but his total lack of footwork and instinct to simply get in front of an opposing defender.  He stands there, in a pseudo athletic stance, like he's expecting someone to attack him head on...

Jim McNally and i thought i actually saw an improvement that year.

Don't know if he is still around.

I wish we would hire someone over PA someday.

Heck i would take Munoz or even Lapham over him all day if they wanted the job, especially Munoz.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 08:14 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I remember the day this was posted.  Never agreed more with anything ever posted on the world wide web.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/8/19/12552658/russell-bodine-is-awful-pff-agrees

One particular glaring tidbit:

"The graders at Pro Football Focus have had Bodine ranked near the bottom of their rankings in each of his first two seasons. The only guys who’ve ranked worse have typically been backups thrust into a starting role because of injury to the starter, such as Cody Wallace in Pittsburgh or Trevor Robinson in San Diego."

I usually don't put much stock in PFF but i agree with this.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 05:32 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Let me say this bodine is pretty bad so far. But he also is very young still hes less than a year younger than ryan kelly who just came out in the league.

While that may be true, he has started for 2 years and I still haven't seen any improvement.

Now, I'm not an NFL coach or scout, so save that argument.

I just see a lot of times where he completely whiffs on blocks and other times when he is pushed right back into Dalton.  I still can't understand why this position wasn't addressed in the last 2 drafts.
Reply/Quote
Once an offensive lineman gets the Piano Man seal of approval it takes an act of congress to get them removed.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Baloney, the guy looked worse than a developmental player.  He literally turned his head side to side, watching defenders go past, and didn't even have the presence of mind to step in front of one of them.  Hell, I never even noticed him offering Andy a hand up from the ground.  Not sure how even you can make any sort of positive excuses for the guy, after that performance.

As for Hunt?  I'm thrilled for the guy, as he finally earned a game check.  Nugent?  Didn't he have a miss?  Kirkpatrick had as many let downs as he did plays made.

Love how people are acting like Hunt is God's gift to earth now. The guy had a field goal block and a couple tackles, great. Glad he could contribute 5 years after we drafted him. 

Nugent did have a miss but he made the game winner. People tend to forget about the miss and the fact that we shouldnt have even been in the predicament he was in at the end of the game in the first place. 

And Kirkpatrick? He is a decent cornerback. Nothing less, nothing more. He makes a few good plays and then gets manhandled by Decker for a TD. 

Not sure how anyone can defend Bodine at this point. The guy was straight putrid. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:52 PM)J24 Wrote: Great Dline are going to feast on olines when the offensive coordinator refuses to run the ball. 

This. Running the ball keeps defensive lineman honest. When they can pin their ears back because they know a pass is coming, its game over. Your o line will get exposed every time. 

I loved what Zampese did in the passing game this week, but man, he has got to run the ball more at least for the sake of keeping defenders honest. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Love how people are acting like Hunt is God's gift to earth now. The guy had a field goal block and a couple tackles, great. Glad he could contribute 5 years after we drafted him. 

Nugent did has a miss but he made the game winner. People tend to forget about the miss and the fact that we shouldnt have even been in the predicament he was in at the end of the game in the first place. 

And Kirkpatrick? He is a decent cornerback. Nothing less, nothing more. He makes a few good plays and then gets manhandled by Decker for a TD. 

Not sure how anyone can defend Bodine at this point. The guy was straight putrid. 

Hunt not only had a FG block, he had a deflected pass and one of those tackles was for a loss. Hunt has only been
playing football for 4 years yet you say we drafted him 5 years ago. You are clearly biased against him Weezy. Why
can't you be happy he is finally starting to get it? This is great for the team isn't it?

Dre had great coverage on the Decker TD that was just a great play by Fitzy and Decker.

Agree with everything else you say though.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:20 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This. Running the ball keeps defensive lineman honest. When they can pin their ears back because they know a pass is coming, its game over. Your o line will get exposed every time. 

I loved what Zampese did in the passing game this week, but man, he has got to run the ball more at least for the sake of keeping defenders honest. 

I agree with this as well. Zamp and Andy made great calls in the passing game but we definately need to run the ball more.

Especially with how Hill has looked.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree with this as well. Zamp and Andy made great calls in the passing game but we definately need to run the ball more.

Especially with how Hill has looked.

3.4 YPC

He looked strong on that 12 yard run, but lets not forget his other 8 carries for 19 yards.

Shit OL, but the same shit OL that Gio ran for 5.0 YPC behind.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 3.4 YPC

He looked strong on that 12 yard run, but lets not forget his other 8 carries for 19 yards.

Shit OL, but the same shit OL that Gio ran for 5.0 YPC behind.

True, but who is to say he wouldn't improved with more carries. That sure isn't keeping the D very honest with
the lack of rushes. I think this contributed to the crazy sack total.

That is one of the best run stopping Lines in the league though. Might not of won the game if we did what i am
saying, never know. Hindsight is 20/20. I think our OL will improve this week, hard to play any worse.

It was Og's first game as a starter so i think we can give him a pass.

Bodine is shit i wouldn't paint the whole OL as shit.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hunt not only had a FG block, he had a deflected pass and one of those tackles was for a loss. Hunt has only been
playing football for 4 years yet you say we drafted him 5 years ago. You are clearly biased against him Weezy. Why
can't you be happy he is finally starting to get it? This is great for the team isn't it?

Dre had great coverage on the Decker TD that was just a great play by Fitzy and Decker.

Agree with everything else you say though.

I am thrilled he is coming around, im just not sure I completely buy into him yet. 

He made a few good plays last game, but he needs to show consistency. I think its foolish for someone to say "told you so!" regarding Hunt after just a single game, though.
Reply/Quote