Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the AFCN going to be weak in 2016?
Do you think that the AFCN is going to be weak next season? I'm starting to think that the Bengals will run away with the division.

I think that the Steelers are going to take a step back next year. They lost their clutch TE, and #2 receiver. Plus Bell is made of glass, and their OL is getting old as dirt. They don't have a very good defense either. I think their offense might be a little better than average, but I don't think that it's going to be anything great.

I don't think that the Ravens will be that much better than they were last year. Their #1 receiver is the oldest receiver in the league, their #2 receiver is washed up (Mike Wallace), and they have suspect TEs / running game. Their defense is getting old, and I think it's just going to be mediocre next year.

The Browns are the Browns. I don't think that Hue is going to transform the team instantly. I think that if they gave him a few years he might be able to do something, but right now that team is such a dumpster fire I don't think anyone can help them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
Steelers should hang @ or above 500 but the ravens and Browns are HUGE question marks right now.
Reply/Quote
I see the Steelers as tough competitors all season long. Of course, key injuries could take them down a few notches, as they can for any team. As long as Big Ben is at quarterback, they've got a puncher's chance in any game.

Now, I have a problem with how the football world is just handing them the division in the pre-season analysis stuff, but they'll be tough.

You can also see why there are a few questions about us, due mostly to the loss of two good receivers in the off-season. But Lafell is really a proven receiver in the NFL, who just happens to be coming off an injury-hampered year. Boyd is a bigger question, but early reports seem good. It's going to depend on how that passing game goes as the year wears on.

I actually believe our o-line will be better with Ogbeuhi in there, and I think we've added some good defensive players. Nobody should be writing us off for the division, or the conference.
Reply/Quote
Hell no.

What are you smoking?

Though we might want it to be in the dumps. The Bengals starting out 0-3 is a very real possibility this season.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 05:11 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Do you think that the AFCN is going to be weak next season? I'm starting to think that the Bengals will run away with the division.

I think that the Steelers are going to take a step back next year. They lost their clutch TE, and #2 receiver. Plus Bell is made of glass, and their OL is getting old as dirt. They don't have a very good defense either. I think their offense might be a little better than average, but I don't think that it's going to be anything great.

I don't think that the Ravens will be that much better than they were last year. Their #1 receiver is the oldest receiver in the league, their #2 receiver is washed up (Mike Wallace), and they have suspect TEs / running game. Their defense is getting old, and I think it's just going to be mediocre next year.

The Browns are the Browns. I don't think that Hue is going to transform the team instantly. I think that if they gave him a few years he might be able to do something, but right now that team is such a dumpster fire I don't think anyone can help them.
It is defintely a possibility. You could say the afcn was weak last year. Ravens were extremely banged up, what were they, 5-11? Steelers are so damn up and down, they can beat superbowl contenders then get blown out at home by cleveland. Despite that they were 10-6. Browns were the browns at 3-13. Then us at 12-4. Combined that is 30-34 if my math is correct that is not a good division.

Ravens rebuilding, The steelers are super injury prone (1 out of their 3 offensive stars are ALWAYS injured). The Browns are rebuilding (when are they not?).So i would say yes we could be a weak division in 2016
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 07:59 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Hell no.

What are you smoking?

Though we might want it to be in the dumps. The Bengals starting out 0-3 is a very real possibility this season.

We go 2-1 at worst the first 3 games. The Bronocos are going to be a lot worse than they were last year especially if Von Miller doesn't play, and Dalton has had the Jets # since he's been in the league.
Reply/Quote
Not at all.

and now the Browns even know Bengals playbook.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 05:11 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Do you think that the AFCN is going to be weak next season? I'm starting to think that the Bengals will run away with the division.

Is it ever weak, even when it seems like it should be?  Nobody wants to play the top three teams in this division.  They will all bust you in the mouth.  And at least two of its teams will be in the playoffs every year.  History and math say no, it will not be a weak division.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 07:59 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Hell no.

What are you smoking?

funny i was thinking the same about the Steelers 0-3.. opening lose to Redskins, then lose to us and lose to Phil (they tend to play bad in Phil)
Reply/Quote
Preseason predictions have historically been about as good as British polls. They get it wrong every time.

So, I'm going to say that the NFC North is going to be total more wins in 2016 than it did in 2015. Cleveland can't really get worse and if Flacco stays healthy you have to give the Ravens a few more wins. The dicey one is Pittsburgh. I don't see how they've improved that much. I also believe the Bengals new receivers are going to surprise the NFL. If Dalton stays healthy the Bengals could top last year's win total.

Reply/Quote
AFCN is never week. It's a tough smash mouth division.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 08:06 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We go 2-1 at worst the first 3 games. The Bronocos are going to be a lot worse than they were last year especially if Von Miller doesn't play, and Dalton has had the Jets # since he's been in the league.

Haters gonna hate....

But homers gonna home.

FYI, you fall into the latter. Please note your mentioning of the Broncos not having Miller while ignoring he loss of Eifert & Burfict for the Bengals.

The Bengals are due for a bad season and/or the injury bug to bite. Marvin Lewis is due to turn back into Marvin Lewis. The deck is stacked against them

- Every one of the Bengals toughest games except for maybe 1 or 2 are on the road. They open at the Jets on 9/11. Tough one for sure.

- They lose a home game to London.

- They have plenty of prime time action... where AD & ML still tend to crap themselves (see 6 points at home on MNF against the Texans last season in a game where they would have clinched #1 seed in AFC).

- New coaches or coaches changing positions.

- Lost key vets at key positions.

- Guys showing up fat.

- Key guy already injured (Eifert) and expected to miss start of season.

It's the perfect storm for 7-9 or 6-10. They are due and the variables all have the Bengals stock pointing down in the wins column.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2016, 09:51 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Haters gonna hate....

But homers gonna home.

FYI, you fall into the latter
. Please note your mentioning of the Broncos not having Miller while ignoring he loss of Eifert & Burfict for the Bengals.

The Bengals are due for a bad season and/or the injury bug to bite. Marvin Lewis is due to turn back into Marvin Lewis. The deck is stacked against them

- Every one of the Bengals toughest games except for maybe 1 or 2 are on the road. They open at the Jets on 9/11. Tough one for sure.

- They have plenty of prime time action... where AD & ML still tend to crap themselves (see 6 points at home on MNF against the Texans last season in a game where they would have clinched #1 seed in AFC).

- Guys showing up fat.

It's the perfect storm for 7-9 or 6-10. They are due and the variables all have the Bengals stock pointing down in the wins column.

I guess from you post, you fall in the former ?

You make some good points but there are also counter points to why the Bengals will still be a winning , playoff contention team

Road Games;  Only 3 of the road games made it to the playoffs ( i have Redskins as netural site)

Home Games:  Only 2 teams had a winning record last year

Coaches:  Veteran staff, have dealt with losing coaches already and have not missed a beat and added Haslett

WR:  Lost Jones will hurt added Lafell will soften the blow, Sanu was 4/5 option not so much, Boyd will make up that difference

Health;  Had injury prone seasons in 2014 made it to playoffs, Dalton goes down last year still go 2-2 and play away from moving on in playoffs

Experience:  This is a veteran team, many coming into the prime of their career, team chemistry is great, mix of young talent helps with depth.

Prime time games:  Over blown.. or totally neutralized by days game dominance ( still play 3/4 of games in day)

Dalton:  Had best year in his 5th year.. becoming a top ten QB

There are just a few of the positives that you can take from the Bengals,, I agree there are concerns but what teams don;t have concerns coming in each year.. Hell Denver could be the team that really falls not the Bengals next year.

So we shaw see.. will 2016 be a winning year or a losing year, my gut says winning year 10-6 but i could see a slip and i can see a rise also.

So im not a homer or a hater but just confused... lol
Reply/Quote

But homers gonna home.

FYI, you fall into the latter. Please note your mentioning of the Broncos not having Miller while ignoring he loss of Eifert & Burfict for the Bengals.

- Guys showing up fat.

Sadly i agree.

You forgot to mention the Jets game is on the 15th anniversary of 911. That crowd is going to be pumped and everyone will be rooting for NY.  

Regardless of talent the Steelers always have our #.
We will not sweep the Ravens again. In fact they are probably due to sweep us. FTR i think we'll split.
The Browns will steal one.
Never beat the Giants in NY.
@ Dallas is going to be tough.
London
@ Pats

Reply/Quote

But homers gonna home.

- Guys showing up fat.

And you must be the former

You don't know if Eifert will miss any games, plus the Broncos have Sanchez as their QB, and their defense will be the only good thing about their team. Losing Von Miller will be an enormous blow to their defense. They will still have a good defense, but no where even close to the way it was last year.

Don't you say that we are due for a bad year every season? The injury bug has hit us constantly, so I don't know where you get that one at. Last year was the only year we didn't have major injuries until Dalton got hurt.

Just because we play the Jets on 9/11 doesn't mean anything. It's not like "Oh, it's 9/11! We normally don't play our best, but we have to today!". Dalton has owned the Jets ever since he's been in the league.

The loss of Hue Jackson won't be as big as everyone thinks. Dalton was mostly in charge of that offense last season. Every other play he did an audible, where he had the whole playbook to audible too. There's no way in hell Zampese will take that away from Dalton.

We lost one key vet. That was Marvin Jones. We replaced him with LaFell, who has been more productive and durable throughout his career.

Guys show up fat every season, whats new?

Every year you act like we are going to go below .500, and every year you are wrong.
Reply/Quote
"Dalton has owned the Jets ever since he's been in the league." - Brownshoe

Dude, he has beaten them once.

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-york-jets/teamvsteam?opp=7

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2016, 12:20 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: "Dalton has owned the Jets ever since he's been in the league." - Brownshoe

Dude, he has beaten them once.

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-york-jets/teamvsteam?opp=7

And we beat them by 40 while taking Dalton out of the game in the 4th quarter.

Plus Dalton destroys the NFC. He only has 4 losses to them out of 19 games.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2016, 12:14 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: And you must be the former

You don't know if Eifert will miss any games, plus the Broncos have Sanchez as their QB, and their defense will be the only good thing about their team. Losing Von Miller will be an enormous blow to their defense. They will still have a good defense, but no where even close to the way it was last year.

Don't you say that we are due for a bad year every season? The injury bug has hit us constantly, so I don't know where you get that one at. Last year was the only year we didn't have major injuries until Dalton got hurt.

Just because we play the Jets on 9/11 doesn't mean anything. It's not like "Oh, it's 9/11! We normally don't play our best, but we have to today!". Dalton has owned the Jets ever since he's been in the league.

The loss of Hue Jackson won't be as big as everyone thinks. Dalton was mostly in charge of that offense last season. Every other play he did an audible, where he had the whole playbook to audible too. There's no way in hell Zampese will take that away from Dalton.

We lost one key vet. That was Marvin Jones. We replaced him with LaFell, who has been more productive and durable throughout his career.

Guys show up fat every season, whats new?

Every year you act like we are going to go below .500, and every year you are wrong.

You keep mentioning Von Miller not being with the Broncos.  I just read that he is on a 1 year deal.

http://http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/von-miller/

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2016, 12:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You keep mentioning Von Miller not being with the Broncos.  I just read that he is on a 1 year deal.

http://http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/von-miller/

I can't open that link, and there has been no other source saying he's signed with the Broncos. It would be everywhere if it were true.

EDIT* that's the franchise tag that he refuses to sign.
Reply/Quote