Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the John Ross Experiment near its end
(09-20-2020, 06:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I said the average WR. How many other WRs have run a 4.22?

40 yard time is a terrible measure for WRs.. and how much difference really is 4.2 to 4.4 when you start to consider you are not just running off the whistle or in a straight line etc.. amazing how once you get into the NFL you never really hear about a 40 time from the combo. Finally lets put them in equipment and then see their time..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've posted that it would be slim to none and i stick by that. 

It's just the optics where Ross is concerned. 

That's for sure.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Has he caught a single drag route in his entire career here?  I'm being serious.  
Reply/Quote
I know he doesn't have good stats after 2 games but I really don't remember much mistakes so I don't know why everyone's hating him so much & I think his deep threat is important for keeping defenses honest.

I guess we'll see how the season plays out but I think ya'll are gonna look dumb when he pops off.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 10:45 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: I know he doesn't have good stats after 2 games but I really don't remember much mistakes so I don't know why everyone's hating him so much & I think his deep threat is important for keeping defenses honest.

I guess we'll see how the season plays out but I think ya'll are gonna look dumb when he pops off.

He's just a whipping boy and it seems no amount of whipping will ever quench the thirst.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Bottom line John Ross was the 9th pick overall and is 2 games into his 4th season and is still not producing. It’s sad but I’d be happy with Ross being a semi serviceable #3 wide receiver and hoping Price can be a slightly below average guard. Basically hoping two first round pick just aren’t completely useless and terrible lol.
Reply/Quote
I dont know if the experiment is over yet, but I know 2 games into the season, I'm hoping he finds his groove somehow and goes off asap. We need some explosive plays out there.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 09:02 PM)Tony Wrote: I'd rather have the smaller faster guy, who can get open alot faster on short routes. His type is more for contested balls down field.. They need to design specific Ross plays to get I'm going. Seems like Taylor struggles at that..

We've been hearing the same things for 3+ years now. Ross just doesn't have it when it comes to being a WR in the NFL. We all heard that Marvin didn't know to use Ross, except those who said that kept ignoring that Ocho, Green, TJ, Marvin Jones, Sanu and Boyd all developed under Marvin and all were much better than Ross is.

Tate, on the other hand, at least has good hands and will make contested catches. Ross has neither of those abilities. And the #1 ability a WR needs is hands above all other things.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 10:45 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: I know he doesn't have good stats after 2 games but I really don't remember much mistakes so I don't know why everyone's hating him so much & I think his deep threat is important for keeping defenses honest.

3+ seasons of the same BS. Not expecting the pass as it sails on by. Bad hands. Lost in his routes. It's not 2 games, it's his entire career, save for 1 game.

Reply/Quote

Ross has an awful lot of popping off to do to even catch up to being an average WR. Meanwhile he continues to blow chunks.

Reply/Quote
No I don't think so he just needs time with his QB to figure it out.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 12:26 AM)BengalChris Wrote: We've been hearing the same things for 3+ years now. Ross just doesn't have it when it comes to being a WR in the NFL. We all heard that Marvin didn't know to use Ross, except those who said that kept ignoring that Ocho, Green, TJ, Marvin Jones, Sanu and Boyd all developed under Marvin and all were much better than Ross is.

Tate, on the other hand, at least has good hands and will make contested catches. Ross has neither of those abilities. And the #1 ability a WR needs is hands above all other things.

Right, just a few more games and he's gonna develop.  :paul:

We keep hearing we need Ross's downfield threat. Just exactly what downfield threat does he pose ?
Reply/Quote
I'm done supporting him. I have zero faith that he can make a contested catch. He's less than a 1 trick pony. It's more likely that Mike Thomas becomes viable at this point.

I'd hoped he'd be comparable to Desean Jackson when we drafted him, and I was never a hater, but I just don't see him getting it together at this point.
Reply/Quote
As soon as I say this, he's going to break out with a 150 yard game, but as of right now I think Ross is a wasted roster spot. I have been an avid supporter of his, but he's not getting open.Or he's not getting targets. I haven't dissected games to see if he's open but not getting targeted. I think our depth charter at WR should be

Green (for now) - Tate
Boyd - Erikson
Higgins - Thomas

(yes, I left Ross of the list).
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Trade Ross for a used tampon. Put Tate in there before his shyster agent gets him on the next SB winning team.
Reply/Quote
Ive supported him but even now when will the light come on?

Maybe he has lost his desire for the game.

Wonder if his family getting co 19 has made him look at things different ?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 12:57 AM)J24 Wrote: No I don't think so he just needs time with his QB to figure it out.

How did Drew Sample figure out how to catch a pass from Burrow faster than John Ross?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 01:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How did Drew Sample figure out how to catch a pass from Burrow faster than John Ross?

When, if ever ? will the John Ross excuses run out ? I mean seriously.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 01:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: When, if ever ? will the John Ross excuses run out ? I mean seriously.

I assumed they'd run out as soon as Burrow doesn't want to throw the ball to Ross, but I guess we can ride the "Ross isn't used to Burrow" excuse for a bit.  The idea that a top 10 pick WR in his 4th year needs time to get used to having an elite QB talent throw him the ball is hard to believe, but whatever...let's roll with that for a while.
Reply/Quote
He will have one or two really good games, just enough to get his fans all excited, then will go away again.
Reply/Quote