Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.25 Average
Is the offense missing that true burner at WR?
Let's be real. As talented as the Bengals
WR room is, it's missing that mercurial burner
That can blow the top off the defense.
I'm talking DeShaun Jackson fast.
Boyd isn't the guy. Tee is built for contested
Catches and red zone leaping ability
Jamar is fast but is like a RB playing WR at times
Ultra fast WRs you don't have to scheme all the time
To get open.
I saw Marquis Goodwin get behind the Bengals
Secondary.his only routes he ran yesterday was to go routes. Which opened up the middle for Njoku and Cooper.
Reply/Quote
Chase runs a 4.3. Actually a 4.38, but with his hands I'll take the extra eight hundreds of a second. We had our John Ross... no thanks.
Reply/Quote
Unpopular opinion, but Burrow isn't hitting a true burner like D.Jax... If you don't consider Chase a true burner, then note how even he has to slow up for Burrow's deep balls most of the time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Opposing defenses have figured out ways to limit our big 3 WR's. And without a solid run game they know we will try what has worked in the past, the pass game. With the way JB played yesterday our big 3 didn't have much of a chance to do anything.
Reply/Quote
If Chase gets injured then who's your burner?
Funny I didn't see any deep shots to
Chase yesterday vs the Browns. Mixon was averaging
5.2 ypc yet no play action or a deep throw to
Chase this WR still needs another true deep threat
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:15 AM)impactplaya Wrote: If Chase gets injured then who's your burner?

I don't remember seeing very many plays where the deep routes even had time to develop.
Reply/Quote
Lmao oh my god

this is the worst I’ve ever seen this board. Fish brains

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:15 AM)impactplaya Wrote: If Chase gets injured then who's your burner?

Miami has 2 very good burners, no other team does. We have an awesome trio, complaining about the WR group is embarrassing. 30 other teams would trade with us instantly. This is not a credible take. It’s like saying who is the awesome 2nd LT on the bench.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:19 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Miami has 2 very good burners, no other team does. We have an awesome trio, complaining about the WR group is embarrassing. 30 other teams would trade with us instantly. This is not a credible take. It’s like saying who is the awesome 2nd LT on the bench.

You prob have noticed that when the bengals lose, people focus on getting another pass catcher.

They ALWAYS ignore the run game that has been a bottom 10 unit since Burrow has been here

It’s honestly fascinating how people think the passing game is the only thing that matters.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:22 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: You prob have noticed that when the bengals lose, people focus on getting another pass catcher.

They ALWAYS ignore the run game that has been a bottom 10 unit since Burrow has been here

It’s honestly fascinating how people think the passing game is the only thing that matters.

The run game wasn't the problem. They didn't stick to it vs the Browns. They opened throwing with a QB who wasn't 100% and an offense that didn't play in the preseason. That's a system issue. When pointing to the run game the issue is Zac's system. This isn't a run system and so we can have AD back there and still would throw deep (and incomplete) on 3rd and 2 because the system is pass heavy.

If we are going to be a pass heavy system, then fans are going to focus on pass catchers as a fix.

Reply/Quote
After Hills INT at midfield the offense
Should have dialed up a play action
Deep throw to Chase. One of the most
Opportune times to unleash a deep vertical
Pass is right after the defense gets it back
For you
Reply/Quote
no one believes in our play action. They don't fear the run.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:29 AM)jj22 Wrote: The run game wasn't the problem. They didn't stick to it vs the Browns. They opened throwing with a QB who wasn't 100% and an offense that didn't play in the preseason. That's a system issue. When pointing to the run game the issue is Zac's system. This isn't a run system and so we can have AD back there and still would throw deep (and incomplete) on 3rd and 2 because the system is pass heavy.

If we are going to be a pass heavy system, then fans are going to focus on pass catchers as a fix.

Passing heavy isn’t an excuse for being bottom tier in yards per rush attempt. It’s not about volume, it’s about efficiency. The efficiency is terrible. The run game wasn’t awful, but it wasnt good yesterday. They had like 4.3 ypc when the game 16-3, that’s bottom half tier average.

They can rarely lean on their run game if the passing game isn’t working. That’s a big isssue

To clarify, it’s not about runnning the ball more, it’s about running the ball more efficiently. They have bad efficiency. Bengals being one dimensional is fine and can win you the division until a team in the playoffs shuts down the passing attack. THEN WHAT?

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:19 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Miami has 2 very good burners, no other team does.  We have an awesome trio, complaining about the WR group is embarrassing. 30 other teams would trade with us instantly.  This is not a credible take.  It’s like saying who is the awesome 2nd LT on the bench.

YUP

I believe Joe was a half count slow on a few passes yesterday, he was off. And that half a count matters more than people believe.
Reply/Quote
They threw a bunch of 5 yard and under passes yesterday. We could have had Usain Bolt running open downfield...and they would have checked down.
Reply/Quote
Those footballs were slicker than a fast talking used car salesman.
Burrow wasn't comfortable throwing the ball at all.
Hence, trying to wear a glove to get a better grip, which is something he never does.
No way were they going to take shots downfield.
Reply/Quote
Here is the NextGenStats passing chart for Burrow. Looks like he completed 1 pass over 7 yards.

Tried 8 passes over 10 yards. None complete.

Didn't work the middle of the field either.

Looks like about 7 completions that weren't right around the LOS.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/2023/joe-burrow/BUR679731/2023/1/pass
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They threw a bunch of 5 yard and under passes yesterday. We could have had Usain Bolt running open downfield...and they would have checked down.

Yup

I'll never forget Madden's comment on Madden 02 or something (haven't played in years) "I don't get why you throw a two yard pass on 3rd and nine" Something like that?

Captain checkdown yesterday
Reply/Quote
I just noticed no separation from the targets
Yesterday. The routes had no variances.
The middle of the field was never targeted
By Burrow.
And Tyler Boyd looked his age Yesterday
He was never fast to begin with.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:44 AM)SmoothD Wrote: Those footballs were slicker than a fast talking used car salesman.
Burrow wasn't comfortable throwing the ball at all.
Hence, trying to wear a glove to get a better grip, which is something he never does.
No way were they going to take shots downfield.

Yet Watson had no issue going deep with a slick ball
Reply/Quote