Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any defending this latest angle on Burfict's sack on Big Ben
(01-11-2016, 01:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: ......or DeCastro, or Porter.....

Taze needs to check his emotions a little and not get baited.  As for the hard hits and baiting of his own.....I'm down.

I feel like his baiting is part of what makes him prone to getting baited. I'd gladly have him give up both.... I think that after the whistle stuff gets him in trouble more than it helps us. He's too good during plays to be looking for iffy calls after the play.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude is dirty and Bengal's fans will still continue to defend him. Their bigger issue is with the refs and how the Bengals got "screwed again". It's also the medias fault.

Burfict needs to be held accountable.

Best player on the defense/team and this is how you treat him...if not for J. Hill, you would be heiling him. Jeremy Hill needs to be held "accountable". How quickly we forget the play that happened just before that would have sealed it 99/100 times.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:06 PM)gobobro Wrote: I feel like his baiting is part of what makes him prone to getting baited. I'd gladly have him give up both.... I think that after the whistle stuff gets him in trouble more than it helps us. He's too good during plays to be looking for iffy calls after the play.

.....gotta agree.  If he only does this stuff twice a year (you know what I mean), I'd be ecstatic with him.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: For what?

Single Handedly Saving the game for the bengals only to have hill fumble it away?

For cleanly sacking Big Ben?

For having steeler players target his knees all game?

What is it he did wrong hit a WR with his Sholder?

According to Steelers fans, the media, and some Bengals fans:

"Leading with the shoulder is 100x worse than leading with the helmet!!!!!"

Those hits happen all the time in this league. People are acting like Burficts hit on Brown was the worst thing in the history of the league. While conveniently ignoring Shaziers hit then ensuing celebration.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:06 PM)gobobro Wrote: I feel like his baiting is part of what makes him prone to getting baited. I'd gladly have him give up both.... I think that after the whistle stuff gets him in trouble more than it helps us. He's too good during plays to be looking for iffy calls after the play.

Is it just a coincidence that this only happens against the black and piss?   It was part of their game plan, man.  Open your eyes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:05 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: He will be held accountable. Fined and Suspended. 

It's idiotic to want to cut the player that was the main reason we even made that a game to begin with.  Mellow

Dude simply went off the chain after the Bernard hit.  Wow, talk about ramping up the intensity!  He willed us back in that game.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: For what?

Single Handedly Saving the game for the bengals only to have hill fumble it away?

For cleanly sacking Big Ben?

For having steeler players target his knees all game?

What is it he did wrong hit a WR with his Sholder?

He hit AB in the head, with his shoulder, late, and was clearly targeting him.  That was a 15 yard penalty. That was game. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:54 PM)McC Wrote: I say who cares.  It wasn't called and that is that.  I won't join the crucify Burfict movement.

Same here.  What's done is done.  After listening to the national pundits, it's time to hang with our guys.  Pittsburgh played a lot outside the rules as well.  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:05 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: He will be held accountable. Fined and Suspended. 

It's idiotic to want to cut the player that was the main reason we even made that a game to begin with.  Mellow

I never said cut him. Where on earth did I even suggest that? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Dude simply went off the chain after the Bernard hit.  Wow, talk about ramping up the intensity!  He willed us back in that game.

That's fine with me, after the Bernard hit it was obvious the refs were going to let them injure our players with impunity. Burfict gave them something to think about in the future.... you take out one of ours, we are taking out 2 of yours. Shazier got Bernard, Burfict repaid them with Brown and Rapistberger. So Pissburgh, you want to continue to play this kind of game in the future???????
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:54 PM)McC Wrote: I say who cares.  It wasn't called and that is that.  I won't join the crucify Burfict movement.

Not will I. I wish we had another.
Reply/Quote
If every player on every team was under a microscope you would see plays every game that are "dirty". If there was a camera at the bottom of every pile people would be mortified. If there were mics on every player every second people would be outraged. The fact of the matter is almost no one is "clean", even the offensive guys (crack back blocks that are just now illegal, but many still go uncalled). The Burffict perception is he is worse, and right or wrong, it gets him more scrutiny than others. The hit on Williams has happened a million times during games, once again right or wrong, it happens all the time and is just one of those things that happen and normally is handled on the field by players. There is a reason they tell QB's to get down or out of bounds after an int, guys will take the opportunity to clean the QB's clock and it isn't uncommon hence why it is common knowledge to qbs to be on the lookout.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I never said cut him. Where on earth did I even suggest that? 

Then what do you mean by held accountable? I've seen multiple fans on here calling for him to be cut. 

I doubt you'll find many on here saying he shouldn't be fined and suspended a game or two. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Dude simply went off the chain after the Bernard hit.  Wow, talk about ramping up the intensity!  He willed us back in that game.

Yup. What's even more sickening is the media witch hunt is implying that Brown was targeted because of the Bernard hit. While simultaneously ignoring the severity of the Bernard hit. And the super classy celebration while Bernard was still unconscious. Can you imagine what would have happened if Burfict was dancing while Brown was still out? 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:26 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Yup. What's even more sickening is the media witch hunt is implying that Brown was targeted because of the Bernard hit. While simultaneously ignoring the severity of the Bernard hit. And the super classy celebration while Bernard was still unconscious. Can you imagine what would have happened if Burfict was dancing while Brown was still out? 

We know what would have happened, remember the Bell injury? They claimed he celebrated the injury and attributed it to him being dirty. There is a double standard, which goes back to my post a couple posts up.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:15 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Same here.  What's done is done.  After listening to the national pundits, it's time to hang with our guys.  Pittsburgh played a lot outside the rules as well.  

Yes, they did, and if we fight fire with fire, I can live with it.....but even worse, their coaching staff got involved.  That's unacceptable.

(01-11-2016, 01:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's fine with me, after the Bernard hit it was obvious the refs were going to let them injure our players with impunity. Burfict gave them something to think about in the future.... you take out one of ours, we are taking out 2 of yours. Shazier got Bernard, Burfict repaid them with Brown and Rapistberger. So Pissburgh, you want to continue to play this kind of game in the future???????

Exactly....which is why I'm glad we've got a guy on the edge on our team now.  Simply for two games a year.

(01-11-2016, 01:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: If every player on every team was under a microscope you would see plays every game that are "dirty". If there was a camera at the bottom of every pile people would be mortified. If there were mics on every player every second people would be outraged. The fact of the matter is almost no one is "clean", even the offensive guys (crack back blocks that are just now illegal, but many still go uncalled). The Burffict perception is he is worse, and right or wrong, it gets him more scrutiny than others. The hit on Williams has happened a million times during games, once again right or wrong, it happens all the time and is just one of those things that happen and normally is handled on the field by players. There is a reason they tell QB's to get down or out of bounds after an int, guys will take the opportunity to clean the QB's clock and it isn't uncommon hence why it is common knowledge to qbs to be on the lookout.

Truth.  Folks who never played, never understand.

(01-11-2016, 01:26 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Yup. What's even more sickening is the media witch hunt is implying that Brown was targeted because of the Bernard hit. While simultaneously ignoring the severity of the Bernard hit. And the super classy celebration while Bernard was still unconscious. Can you imagine what would have happened if Burfict was dancing while Brown was still out? 

This....and the incident with DeCastro.

(01-11-2016, 01:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: We know what would have happened, remember the Bell injury? They claimed he celebrated the injury and attributed it to him being dirty. There is a double standard, which goes back to my post a couple posts up.

Exactly right.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He hit AB in the head, with his shoulder, late, and was clearly targeting him.  That was a 15 yard penalty. That was game. 

Jeremy hill lost this game... not Burfict.

He hit AB in the head with his shoulder... Once he lowered the Shoulder he can no longer see ABs Head which AB lowered at the last second...

Or it would have been shoulder to arm.

Difference of a 1/2 second from being clean or late.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: ...and was clearly targeting him...

That's ridiculous!  Watch the video more closely.  Watch specifically that there were two defenders on the play and watch the first push by Lewis-Harris of Brown which pushes him right into Burfict.  I actually feel terrible for Burfict.  I'm not sure if you were attempting to break up this play could have avoided the hit after the Lewis-Harris push all within fractions of a second.  And now we have this player who should be heralded as a hero for his heart and play in this game being torn apart by even fans of this team.  There is absolutely nothing that will cause me to stand down from saying all this "clearly targeting" crazy talk is ridiculous and falling for media induced narrative.  
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:55 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: That's ridiculous!  Watch the video more closely.  Watch specifically that there were two defenders on the play and watch the first push by Lewis-Harris of Brown which pushes him right into Burfict.  I actually feel terrible for Burfict.  I'm not sure if you were attempting to break up this play could have avoided the hit after the Lewis-Harris push all within fractions of a second.  And now we have this player who should be heralded as a hero for his heart and play in this game being torn apart by even fans of this team.  There is absolutely nothing that will cause me to stand down from saying all this "clearly targeting" crazy talk is ridiculous and falling for media induced narrative.  

According to the media: 

Leading with the shoulder = targeting!!!

Leading with the crown of the helmet = unfortunate.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He hit AB in the head, with his shoulder, late, and was clearly targeting him.  That was a 15 yard penalty. That was game. 

Would not have been game. Still would have been a 50 yard field goal. Also if they would have called a penalty on Porter like they should have before Jones went crazy, then they would have been right where they were before the Vontaze hit. Far from game. 
Reply/Quote