Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any defending this latest angle on Burfict's sack on Big Ben
(01-11-2016, 03:20 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Would not have been game. Still would have been a 50 yard field goal. Also if they would have called a penalty on Porter like they should have before Jones went crazy, then they would have been right where they were before the Vontaze hit. Far from game. 

With a QB who was pumped full of the best pain medicine available to man, and still experiencing pain while throwing, against arguably the best defense in the NFL.  From that far out, there's no telling if the very next pass could've possibly been another interception.  The sad thing is, we'll never know how it could've played out because the Refs made game deciding calls (or non-calls).  
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
We are mad at a guy who does what it takes to take Ben out of the game?

Burfict was saving that game before you guys even realized.

Props to Burfict for doing what it takes to actually win a playoff game.

Cry some more about the dirtayyyyy Cry
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:11 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: According to the media: 

Leading with the shoulder = targeting!!!

Leading with the crown of the helmet = unfortunate.

Add to that the story this morning in the Pittsburgh Post Gazzette that says Antonio Brown already "is said to be fine and should be able to play against the Broncos.”  ...Something's rotten in Denmark if Burfict actually crushed this dude and he's already good to go.

I'm starting to think Burfict avoided the nasty hit, grazed the helmet and shoulder, and Brown has just conned the NFL into detonating Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He hit AB in the head, with his shoulder, late, and was clearly targeting him.  That was a 15 yard penalty. That was game. 

about the time ABs second foot hit the ground Burfict hit him. How is that late?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: ......or DeCastro, or Porter.....

Taze needs to check his emotions a little and not get baited.  As for the hard hits and baiting of his own.....I'm down.

^This^ 

He knows it will happen every time. He knew it going into the game, and he still got punked. Just be 100% conscious of it, and stay away from any possible controversy, if that's even possible.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:57 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: ^This^ 

He knows it will happen every time. He knew it going into the game, and he still got punked. Just be 100% conscious of it, and stay away from any possible controversy, if that's even possible.

I gotta say, if they're coming after me for an entire game, I can't guarantee I wouldn't eventually flip out.  Not excusing anything but what man could stand up to the full force, relentless blast they put on him?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:01 PM)McC Wrote: I gotta say, if they're coming after me for an entire game, I can't guarantee I wouldn't eventually flip out.  Not excusing anything but what man could stand up to the full force, relentless blast they put on him?

You're right - no doubt. We are human after all. Typical Bengal dilemma though - first playoff win in 25 tears on one hand, and letting them get to me w/o giving some back on the other hand. Easy to preach the big picture stuff after the fact, and I kinda apologize for that. Still, I'm one of thousands that's just tired of watching new ways to fail.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
If we cut Tez and keep Hill I'll lose it
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
lol @ the article including John Urschel's tweet. That's one the most legal things I've ever seen him do.

Heck, his former fedora wearing teammate did it all the time.
Reply/Quote
" Is there any defending this latest angle on Burfict's sack on Big Ben "

.....yes apparently there is....from Pig Pen himself.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25448089/ben-roethlisberger-vontaze-burficts-sack-was-not-a-dirty-hit

As I said.....edited all to hell.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: " Is there any defending this latest angle on Burfict's sack on Big Ben "

.....yes apparently there is....from Pig Pen himself.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25448089/ben-roethlisberger-vontaze-burficts-sack-was-not-a-dirty-hit

As I said.....edited all to hell.

Ya the clip was sped up I think.

Good to see Ben sticking up for Vontaze lol. At least Ben is honest about such things.

So what was Burfict suspended for?

I just assumed it was because of this hit.... How can you get 3 games for the hit on AB??!?!?!?!?
Reply/Quote
Just watch the play in real time from the tv feed. This vine is a joke.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000620174/Ben-Roethlisberger-carted-to-locker-room-after-sack
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Just a shame. If Hill does his danm job, this isn't even a story
Reply/Quote
The witch hunt is beyond ridiculous at this point.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:47 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Just a shame. If Hill does his danm job, this isn't even a story

Pretty much. Steelers probably sent Porter onto the field.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:44 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ya the clip was sped up I think.

Good to see Ben sticking up for Vontaze lol. At least Ben is honest about such things.

So what was Burfict suspended for?

I just assumed it was because of this hit.... How can you get 3 games for the hit on AB??!?!?!?!?

That clip was a sham from the get go....used for click bait.  Kinda proves that some of us aren't conspiracy nuts about this media bullshit.

......and yep, as much as it pains me to say it, I gotta give Pig Pen credit for this one.

He was suspended for being a habitual offender, but after the whole story comes to light, his appeal chances may get better and better.  So many times, people let the mob mentality rule the day, and base their opinions on half truths, instead of waiting for........the rest......of the story.

(01-13-2016, 05:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Just watch the play in real time from the tv feed.  This vine is a joke.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000620174/Ben-Roethlisberger-carted-to-locker-room-after-sack

Yep, you also have to watch the ENTIRE play, because after the vine was shown to be a farce, they played the video to the point of the knee to the shoulder, then cut of the video.  The rest of that video shows what actually happened, he stripped the ball and jumped up to get in the endzone, resulting in the knee hitting Ben.

(01-13-2016, 05:47 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Just a shame. If Hill does his danm job, this isn't even a story

Word.  But as these truths come out, I'm gonna post every goddamn fact on every thing I can remember reading that demonizes the guy.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:52 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Pretty much. Steelers probably sent Porter onto the field.

I guran-damn-tee you they did.  Tomlin probably had his entire staff coached to goad these hot heads into penalties.  I even noticed a trainer barking at Huber during the Bernard injury....WTF?

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:43 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Not a good look.

http://deadspin.com/vontaze-burfict-is-so-dirty-1752214229?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Don't be one of those guys, it was a legal tackle and he got up with his knee in his shoulder, even Ben said it wasn't dirty. 
Reply/Quote
This thing about him supposedly kneeing Ben is now just a witch hunt. What a bunch of BS.
Reply/Quote
As much as Ive bashed Burfict & his dirty play, I dont see it on this play. I think he might have thought he had the ball coming out on the sack somehow, and was just trying to snag it out hoping for a turnover. the contact was just incidental imo.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote