Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any defending this latest angle on Burfict's sack on Big Ben
you bet your ass I defend Burfict on ALL of his plays. For the first time in 25 years we finally have a LEADER THAT HATES TO LOSE and lays down the LAW. I hope rottenburger does play against the Broncos and I also hope one of their linebackers does the same to him. If they can't throw the effin ball, how can they beat anyone? All I am seeing on here are a lot of bleeding hearts that only blame Burfict for doing what we ALL wanted! The asswipes from shittsburgh get a pass. Effin Ridiculous!!! 

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hell yeah he's dirty!  After 30+ years of watching those assholes in the piss and black shove us around, it's HIGH TIME we had our own Lambert/Lloyd/Harrison.

That said, some of his calls are based on reputation, but in fairness, he has earned that reputation.  I said it in another thread, as long as his questionable stuff is corralled to twice a year, I'm golden with it.

Absolutely.  Burfict is what this team needs to not get pushed around anymore.  For the shit that happened to Carson, Rivers, and Huber that teams deserves everything they have coming to them in the years coming.  They'd better hope Rooney Jr, I mean Goodell schedules them against us weeks 1 and 2.  
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 02:08 AM)RASCAL Wrote: you bet your ass I defend Burfict on ALL of his plays. For the first time in 25 years we finally have a LEADER THAT HATES TO LOSE and lays down the LAW. I hope rottenburger does play against the Broncos and I also hope one of their linebackers does the same to him. If they can't throw the effin ball, how can they beat anyone? All I am seeing on here are a lot of bleeding hearts that only blame Burfict for doing what we ALL wanted! The asswipes from shittsburgh get a pass. Effin Ridiculous!!! 

Burfict is quickly becoming my all time favorite Bengal.  Not for hurting people but playing the game like there isn't a single player in this league that scares him.  He was a fumble away from winning that game for us.  Completely different headlines had Hill not fumbled and I will not forget that fact.  
Reply/Quote
They took that vine down for some reason. Read that it looked edited and choppy. So that's probably why.

In real time and other angles, he gets up and goes for the ball. He's just on top of Ben during. Legal hit and no knee in the shoulder.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
On the r and b podcast Michael Robinson said the hit didn't look dirty but said it was because of the way he made sure he fell on jen.

He said he had met burfict in the A gap and he is for real.
Reply/Quote
Roethlisberger said the hit wasn't dirty.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25448089/ben-roethlisberger-vontaze-burficts-sack-was-not-a-dirty-hit

Kinda puts that to bed, doesn't it?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: " Is there any defending this latest angle on Burfict's sack on Big Ben "

.....yes apparently there is....from Pig Pen himself.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25448089/ben-roethlisberger-vontaze-burficts-sack-was-not-a-dirty-hit

As I said.....edited all to hell.

(01-14-2016, 02:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Roethlisberger said the hit wasn't dirty.

Kinda puts that to bed, doesn't it?

I know...... Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll defend it the way Steelers fans are defending Shazier.

If the refs don't call it, it must be clean.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
One might start to wonder, what with Ben saying the hit was clean... Harrison and Tomlin saying they don't think Burfict is dirty, Shazier tweeting out niceties to Bernard...Tomlin forbidding Porter from talking to the press.... have they had enough? Did they finally realize they grabbed the Tiger by the tail one too many times? Yeah, they won, but unless the refs really help them in Denver they are done in the playoffs as well. I just wonder if they want to start playing nice now that they are scared to death of Burfict...
Reply/Quote
There is no defending that angle. The use of a choppy vine to misrepresent what happened, the way it cuts off before showing more context, the angle cannot be defended at all. The hit can, the angle can't.
Reply/Quote
I don't think "getting a little extra in" after a tackle is a novel concept.

You consistently see guys, after tackling the ball carrier, pushing the ball carrier into the ground as they get up.

The NFL is for big boys.

That said, the vine is gone, so I can't see the angle you're talking about.

But, honestly, I don't really care.

Just keep doing what you're doing, Burfict. The more pain inflicted, the better.
Reply/Quote
This BS clip is ridiculous.  Dude had a perfectly legal sack and just getting the hell up.  If anyone thinks that he can hurt a shoulder (with a shoulder pad on) with his knee barely hitting it, should stop watching football.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 10:00 AM)Football Bender Wrote: This BS clip is ridiculous.  Dude had a perfectly legal sack and just getting the hell up.  If anyone thinks that he can hurt a shoulder (with a shoulder pad on) with his knee barely hitting it, should stop watching football.

Yup.....pretty obvious they've never suited up if they think you'd even feel that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 09:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: One might start to wonder, what with Ben saying the hit was clean... Harrison and Tomlin saying they don't think Burfict is dirty, Shazier tweeting out niceties to Bernard...Tomlin forbidding Porter from talking to the press.... have they had enough? Did they finally realize they grabbed the Tiger by the tail one too many times? Yeah, they won, but unless the refs really help them in Denver they are done in the playoffs as well. I just wonder if they want to start playing nice now that they are scared to death of Burfict...

Two years running we have ruined their offense and their season... but its because we were bullied into doing so. They may want to lay off of us for their own health if they know what is good for them. Sure we don't win... but they don't either after us.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 04:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yup.....pretty obvious they've never suited up if they think you'd even feel that.
Ben landed awkwardly on that shoulder while he was trying to keep the ball away from Vontaze.  His shoulder was injured the second he hit the ground... This is just getting dumb.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I would just say the QB himself said... "I do not think it was a dirty hit. I think he was playing the game… I know that there is some video of him supposedly kneeing me, or kicking me, or whatever, but I don’t think there was anything intentional."

Pretty much a thread ending quote there from the "victim".

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 07:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, I would just say the QB himself said... "I do not think it was a dirty hit. I think he was playing the game… I know that there is some video of him supposedly kneeing me, or kicking me, or whatever, but I don’t think there was anything intentional."

Pretty much a thread ending quote there from the "victim".

Probably won't be a popular opinion on here, but tbh I give Ben props for saying it. He could easily have just thrown Burfict further under the bus he's already under, but instead him the benefit of the doubt. Fair comment.
Reply/Quote
Pissburg does it all the time so they know that to claim Burfict is dirty they would be forced to look in the mirror to admit to doing the same on a regular basis and we know that ain't happening. If they try to label VB as dirty they would bring the scutiny upon themselves and they know it so instead they're going to let VB get tried it the court of public opinion. In other words they're going to let the pundits do the dirty work for them.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I just don't see anything wrong with the sack by Burflict. It looked clean from whatever angle you viewed it. The "knee to the shoulder" is really inconsequential. He's attempting to get the ball that looked like it was jarred lose a little (but Ben secures it).

If you're bringing up this play I'll defend Burflict all day long.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Burflict is a dirty player. You can justify his actions all you want. It is what it is.

He INTENTIONALLY leads with the helmet and commits 'after the whistle' dirty plays (Cam Newton anyone?)

He is targeted and rightfully so.

People cry 'What about the Steelers?' Well, life isn't fair and neither is the NFL.

Reply/Quote