Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Israel/Hamas War Superthread
(06-12-2024, 11:01 AM)Dill Wrote: The comparison is not the issue. 

It's that you present your private impression of posters 'internal subjective states as on the same order as publicly accessible date.

That's a kind of dodge, and especially bad when you are unable to summarize or otherwise accurately represent other's arguments. 

Still reduced to having to parse a difference between "property destruction" and "extensive graffiti".  To return to the thread's topic and all.

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2024, 11:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Reminds me of Sgt. Shultz on Hogan's Heroes when it comes to Joe Biden's lack of mental acuity and Hamas................

I see nothing!!!!!!!

Hmmm. Suddenly you invoke a critical standard you've previously never supported or adhere to. 

And rather too soon. 

A better measure of what people don't see are the lacunae in their political discussions--the absence of critical information about events
like the Russia Investigation or the Capitol Riots,

or on this thread, of the history of the Arab-Israeli conflict. 

The issue becomes a bit more serious in cases where people repeatedly affirm erroneous information after repeated correction. 

That's willful blindness.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2024, 11:08 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Still reduced to having to parse a difference between "property destruction" and "extensive graffiti".  To return to the thread's topic and all.

I don't have your gift for unsupported hyperbole.

If you want to make something out of that "parse," then you'll have to do a bit than just act like like it's a really terrible error. 
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2024, 11:16 AM)Dill Wrote: I don't have your gift for unsupported hyperbole.

Or anything else.

Quote:If you want to make something out of that "parse," then you'll have to do a bit than just act like like it's a really terrible error. 

It's not a terrible error, it's a sad statement of what you've been reduced to in this thread.

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2024, 11:52 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Or anything else.

It's not a terrible error, it's a sad statement of what you've been reduced to in this thread.

So you are substituting one impression for another. 

That's only going to be effective where people accept your impressions in lieu of external evidence and rational argument.

You'll have some takers in this forum, but not the ones you respect. 
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2024, 12:07 PM)Dill Wrote: So you are substituting one impression for another.

No, they were both offered up at the same time. 

Quote:That's only going to be effective where people accept your impressions in lieu of external evidence and rational argument.

You mean external evidence like your claiming these protestors reminded you of the Vietnam protests that you participated in?  Or the fact that you're now reduced to quibbling whether extensive graffiti is the same as property damage?  It would seem that external evidence and a rational interpretation of said evidence has been provided.

Quote:You'll have some takers in this forum, but not the ones you respect. 

I think you're more correct than you know.

Reply/Quote
The homes of Jewish museum leaders were vandalized recently, with a rather horrifying twist.
[Image: GP4XWZvW4AAIWy2-e1718289375147.jpg]
https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/antisemitism/article-806003
This occurred soon after a protest group, Within Our Lifetime's organized a protest outside a remembrance for those massacred, raped and kidnaped on 10/07/24.
But what's the "horrifying twist you may be asking?  Well aside from the obviously sinister symbolism apparent to anyone viewing that picture, please note the upside down red triangles.  Why are they important?
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/gaza-red-triangle-meaning-1.7216788
The inverted red triangle has been used in videos by the Al-Qassam Brigades, Hamas's military wing, to identify Israeli military targets, such as tanks, in Gaza as Israel began its ground invasion there. A caricature mocking Israeli soldiers included the symbol, as do many pro-Palestinian social media posts

Now, I'm not sure if this counts as "property destruction" or "extensive graffiti".  Maybe someone can enlighten me in that regard?  What I can say is that it's very clear these protestors are the good guys and on the right side of history as we've been repeatedly told.

Reply/Quote
Sadly, this Hamas support is not surprising.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 06:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The homes of Jewish museum leaders were vandalized recently, with a rather horrifying twist.
[Image: GP4XWZvW4AAIWy2-e1718289375147.jpg]
https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/antisemitism/article-806003
This occurred soon after a protest group, Within Our Lifetime's organized a protest outside a remembrance for those massacred, raped and kidnaped on 10/07/24.
But what's the "horrifying twist you may be asking?  Well aside from the obviously sinister symbolism apparent to anyone viewing that picture, please note the upside down red triangles.  Why are they important?
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/gaza-red-triangle-meaning-1.7216788
The inverted red triangle has been used in videos by the Al-Qassam Brigades, Hamas's military wing, to identify Israeli military targets, such as tanks, in Gaza as Israel began its ground invasion there. A caricature mocking Israeli soldiers included the symbol, as do many pro-Palestinian social media posts

Now, I'm not sure if this counts as "property destruction" or "extensive graffiti".  Maybe someone can enlighten me in that regard?  What I can say is that it's very clear these protestors are the good guys and on the right side of history as we've been repeatedly told.

No biggie, this is what insurance is for. Ninja
Reply/Quote
Staffer with a good tweet.

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2024, 12:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, they were both offered up at the same time. 

LOL so you offered up TWO impressions. In lieu of external evidence.

(06-12-2024, 12:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You mean external evidence like your claiming these protestors reminded you of the Vietnam protests that you participated in?  Or the fact that you're now reduced to quibbling whether extensive graffiti is the same as property damage?  It would seem that external evidence and a rational interpretation of said evidence has been provided.

Then things aren't as they "seem."

Making analytical comparisons between protestors then and how hardly constitutes proof I'm reliving my halcyon days as Vietnam protestor. 
It doesn't even establish I was a protestor/participant.  

You don't seem to know when your impressions go beyond what evidence warrants. 

And sure, I'm reduced to considering a statement like "Hamas supporters destroy property and attack police and park rangers" to be hyperbolic and misleading when the property damage turns out to be graffiti on 4 statues, which can mostly be wiped off.  

You seem able to distinguish between a burning building in Portland and a broken window in the Capitol. Why the sudden inability in this case? 
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 11:19 AM)Dill Wrote: LOL so you offered up TWO impressions. In lieu of external evidence.

Then things aren't as they "seem."

Making analytical comparisons between protestors then and how hardly constitutes proof I'm reliving my halcyon days as Vietnam protestor. 
It doesn't even establish I was a protestor/participant.  

You don't seem to know when your impressions go beyond what evidence warrants. 

And sure, I'm reduced to considering a statement like "Hamas supporters destroy property and attack police and park rangers" to be hyperbolic and misleading when the property damage turns out to be graffiti on 4 statues, which can mostly be wiped off.  

You seem able to distinguish between a burning building in Portland and a broken window in the Capitol. Why the sudden inability in this case? 

Do try and keep the thread on topic, young Dill.  There's a whole new batch of "property damage" you can attempt to minimize while staying on topic.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 12:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Do try and keep the thread on topic, young Dill.  There's a whole new batch of "property damage" you can attempt to minimize while staying on topic.

This is the Israel/Hamas War Superthread

How is a comment on alleged property damage by "Hamas supporters" off topic?  It is not.

Even referencing your substitution of impressions for external evidence and embrace of hyperbole is not off topic.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 07:02 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Sadly, this Hamas support is not surprising.

If that side wants me to support the 'Free Palestine' movement, then free Palestine of Hamas and other jihadist groups first, then free them of religion ruling their land (or at least make a serious effort to). Then I am all on board with what they want.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Biden and Democrats said elect him and he would unite our country and rid the country and the world of the Trump chaos.

Each day we see the world on fire, we see the US on fire. Biden and Democrats continue to attempt to demonize Trump and his supporters. Biden did the opposite of attempting to unite the country, he decided to weaponize the DOJ and bankrupt and jail Trump.

I am hopeful Trump is elected in Noember. I am hopeful Trump reaches out and unites the country. God knows Biden and Democrats did not try.

Israel is being partially supported by Biden, the world sees it, Iran and Hamas see it. Biden has emboldened Hamas supporters in the US. What happens in 2 months when colleges start up the fall semester?

The antisemitism attacks all around the country are alarming. Those ignoring the protests, the destruction are hypocrites if they point to Jan.6th as more than a protest. Jan.6th was an ugly protest (riot) and nothing more. The protesters had no weapons, did not cover their faces to hide their identity and killed no one over the few hours inside the Capital building. Politicians want is to fear more for their safety than the safety of Jewish people in the US being persecuted daily by Hamas sympathizers.

Why should we be concerned more for a senator or a congressman/woman with armed guards than a Jewish citizen with no armed guards?

I don't get any sympathy for Hamas who brutalized over 1200 people in one day and now 7+ months later still have hostages, some of them American.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 08:04 AM)Dill Wrote: This is the Israel/Hamas War Superthread

How is a comment on alleged property damage by "Hamas supporters" off topic?  It is not.

Even referencing your substitution of impressions for external evidence and embrace of hyperbole is not off topic.

So, no comment on the protestors now directly using imagery connected to Hamas?  Thought not.  Keep the focus on me, Dill.  That way no one else will notice anything else being discussed.

Reply/Quote
According to an Israeli enquiry ( KAN News ) , the government of Bibi knew about the 7th october.

https://www-kan-org-il.translate.goog/content/kan-news/defense/762284/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

a document the next steps after breaking into Israeli territory and taking over the outposts, and stated that the instruction was to hand over the captured soldiers to the company commanders. The expected number of hostages, it was written, is between 200 and 250 people.

That might explain the trade market exchanges on this very day.

https://x.com/arminarefi/status/1803355985609687076

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 07:53 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: According to an Israeli enquiry ( KAN News ) , the government of Bibi knew about the 7th october.

https://www-kan-org-il.translate.goog/content/kan-news/defense/762284/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

a document the next steps after breaking into Israeli territory and taking over the outposts, and stated that the instruction was to hand over the captured soldiers to the company commanders. The expected number of hostages, it was written, is between 200 and 250 people.

I'm going to need to see this confirmed.  Until then I'm filing it alongside this.

[Image: 143.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2024, 07:53 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: According to an Israeli enquiry ( KAN News ) , the government of Bibi knew about the 7th october.

I wonder what "knew about" could mean here.

If Bibi knew that Hamas were going to stage a break out and murder-rape rampage while his attention focused on
expanding illegal settlements on the West Bank--all while he was facing massive protest over his attempt to 
control the judiciary--is there any reason to think he would view that rampage as a good thing, some kind of
distraction that would help stay in power? 

Sounds like "the government" here may be some mid and top intel officials who, confident in their newly built containment
system, ignored what appeared to them a "plan-to-crash-jetliners-into-the-WTC" type of warning.  "Ha! Not likely." 

I'm very sure this could not explain trade market exchanges that day. How many people would have to
know of the impending attack outside one intel unit of people trained to compartmentalize and protect information? 
That sounds rather like a claim that all Jews working in the WTC stayed home the day it was attacked. Which trade exchanges, where?
Reply/Quote
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/12/04/business/some-traders-appear-to-have-anticipated-october-7-hamas-attack-research-finds/index.html

It happened. Nobody knows who it is or why but it happened.

The research found that on October 2, just five days before the Hamas attack, “nearly 100% of the off-exchange trading volume in the MSCI Israel ETF … consisted of short selling.”

“Days before the attack, traders appeared to anticipate the events to come,” the professors wrote.

Could have been qataris, who knows ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote