Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Gonna be a Long Day
8:30 is a long ways away...how are you spending these anxious hours before the game?

me...I'm sick so I'll probably spend most of it on the couch

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
We had to go into the office today. Think I was only 1 of 5 cars on the highway this morning.

How this isn't a holiday for us is beyond me.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 12:53 PM)pally Wrote: 8:30 is a long ways away...how are you spending these anxious hours before the game?

I'm taking down outside Christmas decorations. My wife will be taking them down inside.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 12:53 PM)pally Wrote: 8:30 is a long ways away...how are you spending these anxious hours before the game?

Masturbating furiously.
Reply/Quote

Yup. Feels longer than a Bye week. Cannot wait for this one!!!
Reply/Quote
I've been spending my day so far trying to make up with the Mrs after saying something I shouldn't have last night.. Luckily she hurt her wrist so I ran to the drug store and bought her a wrist brace and a box of Whitmans.. It seems to be working a bit so far. We'll see come game time if there's some other all important syrupy movie I'm suddenly forced to watch as a form of penance. Last week it was some damned Sandra Bullock lovey dovey movie..   Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 12:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We had to go into the office today. Think I was only 1 of 5 cars on the highway this morning.

Every day is a holiday for me. 10 years retired.  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Probably just doing things around the house. I will probably be taking down Christmas decorations as well. I'm glad we have a playoff spot locked up but this game just has some major playoff implications and potential future playoff outcomes. Can we beat the Bills in Buffalo if we can't do it in Cincinnati?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:02 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Every day is a holiday for me. 10 years retired.  Who Dey

Traffic is relative.. I spent several years navigating Dallas area traffic in rush hour.. Now it's suburban Columbia, SC traffic which is almost nothing in comparison, but it gets worse every few days because they build a new subdivision every 3rd day around here and have only widened one street that's taken 30 years to complete..  I'm retired too so screw HAVING to drive in traffic. I can sit at home and not worry about it unless I get hungry for something I don't have at home.. Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Count yourselves lucky, it’s a 01:15am kick off time here LOL

Spent the day taking the tree down and had a quick look at emails as back to work tomorrow.

Was having a quick flick through Twitter remembering 2 years ago we were the worst team in the league and would have given our left but to be in this kind of position.

Ravens losing last night has set it up perfectly more excited than anxious.
Reply/Quote
Started my day with some Good Morning Football. The Steelers are now considered to be elite again lol.
A little housework and run a few errands, I go back to work tomorrow which will be the first "regular" day since I was promoted to plant manager.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 12:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We had to go into the office today. Think I was only 1 of 5 cars on the highway this morning.

Same here. In the office as I write. Nice drive though.

I hope tonight's game is run heavy and not a lot of penalties and video reviews and stoppage for cramps so game doesn't go to midnight tonight, as need to be back up at 6am tomorrow. Glad the NFL changed the rule in 2008 so that clock doesn't stop ever time someone runs out of bounds. 
Reply/Quote

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c3e2ea89f99197d259...y.gif&ct=g]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Will be watching the bowl games....Cotton Bowl, Rose Bowl, etc.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 12:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Masturbating furiously.

(01-02-2023, 02:00 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c3e2ea89f99197d259...y.gif&ct=g]

These are the only responses that make any sense.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
State holiday so I'm off work, so just sitting around waiting and trying not to look like I have time to do chores around the house.
Reply/Quote
Drank too much Christmas Egg Nogg and getting over a hangover getting all hydrated up. Gonna go shovel a bunch of snow
and then get ready for the game in a while. It is going to be a long day waiting for this game alright. Maybe I will play a little
Madden or golf on the PS4.
Reply/Quote
Wife woke me up in lingerie this morning. Then she made breakfast. I’m doing something right. I’m sure it’ll cost me, or something is gonna crash and burn here soon. As long as it isn’t the bengals season, I’m sure I can rely on my fellow fans here to rally me through whatever comes
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 12:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Masturbating furiously.

Not even 48 hours into 2023 and we already have the Post of the Year.

Give yourself a hand.  At least the one that's currently free.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 04:20 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: Wife woke me up in lingerie this morning.  Then she made breakfast. I’m doing something right.  I’m sure it’ll cost me, or something is gonna crash and burn here soon.  As long as it isn’t the bengals season, I’m sure I can rely on my fellow fans here to rally me through whatever comes

Wait...this actually happens in real life? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote