Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's Kamala!
Biden has chosen his VP.  I approve.  Save Susan for National Security Advisor.

What do others think? What can she "deliver"? What liabilities might she bring?

Biden's VP pick: Why Kamala Harris embraces her biracial roots
https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-53745141
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Solid pick. I'm sure I called that at some point Tongue

She'll be accused of being a "leftist", but she's a strong candidate. She'll dismantle Pence.

Edit: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Biden-s-VP?pid=843687#pid843687

Had her as the 2nd likely option behind Abrams.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
RIP Mike Pence
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 05:27 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Solid pick. I'm sure I called that at some point Tongue

She'll be accused of being a "leftist", but she's a strong candidate. She'll dismantle Pence.

A "radical far left CA leftist" to be sure. 

But she's not really, so we'll continue to see the constant mismatch between rhetoric and reality.

Kamala, if you are following our message board--sleeveless dress when you debate Pence!  
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 06:11 PM)Dill Wrote: A "radical far left CA leftist" to be sure. 

But she's not really, so we'll continue to see the constant mismatch between rhetoric and reality.

Kamala, if you are following our message board--sleeveless dress when you debate Pence!  

Progressives complain that she's a "cop".

Reply/Quote
She's the safest pick on paper, but she will come with major baggage for the left leaning Dems.  As a former District Attorney she's part of the racist criminal justice system.  She will, of course, do her absolutely best to prostrate herself at the alter of current opinion but she'll do so at the risk of completely contradicting her past statements and actions.  Honestly, I don't think this is a good pick if you want Biden to win.  The enthusiasm for her on the left is going to be minimal to possibly hostile.
Reply/Quote
If only Trump wasn't so Trump, smh. Can't vote for him, and I don't really want to vote for Biden now.

The peril of being a normal moderate American these days. What to do, what to do.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 06:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: She's the safest pick on paper, but she will come with major baggage for the left leaning Dems.  As a former District Attorney she's part of the racist criminal justice system.  She will, of course, do her absolutely best to prostrate herself at the alter of current opinion but she'll do so at the risk of completely contradicting her past statements and actions.  Honestly, I don't think this is a good pick if you want Biden to win.  The enthusiasm for her on the left is going to be minimal to possibly hostile.

Are they more concerned with the left or the middle, though? 

The Trump campaign just ran ads with the faces of Black criminals and said Biden is releasing them on the streets. Her credentials may help in turning Michigan and Florida. 

Reply/Quote
Apparently she's not Black according to some White trump supporters on Facebook. Her mom is Indian and her dad is from Jamaica, which I guess means Jamaicans aren't Black.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 06:18 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Progressives complain that she's a "cop".

It shouldn't be surprising that leftist sentiment is not great towards someone who is rooted in a justice system that is punitive and suffering extreme classism.
Reply/Quote
I thought Kamala just died. This won’t do the Biden is too old crowd talk any favors.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 06:22 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If only Trump wasn't so Trump, smh. Can't vote for him, and I don't really want to vote for Biden now.

The peril of being a normal moderate American these days. What to do, what to do.

Vote for Biden. He is normal and moderate, after all. Also, and this is of course the more significant point, the other guy is Donald Trump.

Seriously, no offense at all, but how can one normal moderate person even be indifferent there?
Reply/Quote
No but seriously great pick. Perfect VP to prosecute the criminals that will be leaving the White House and the minions that remain in our government.

Get those lock him up chants going!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 06:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Are they more concerned with the left or the middle, though?

They should be concerned with both, it's going to be a close election. Swing voters always matter, but enthusiasm matters a lot with party committed voters.  I don't see Harris drumming up any enthusiasm, and that was already a major issue for Biden.

Quote:The Trump campaign just ran ads with the faces of Black criminals and said Biden is releasing them on the streets. Her credentials may help in turning Michigan and Florida. 

Doubtful.  While I get your point the Dems have placed themselves entirely in the anti-law enforcement camp.  You'd have to pick Dirty Harry to be Biden's VP to even begin to counter that.  How can she tout her law enforcement credentials in MI and FL without getting the same statement thrown back at her in more far left states?  The Twister game she'll have to play will be amazing to watch.  Also, I think you're all forgetting how thoroughly Gabbard took Harris to the woodshed, Harris got annihilated and never came close to recovering.  Honestly, I think this pick helps Trump quite a bit.  I suppose we shall see.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 06:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: They should be concerned with both, it's going to be a close election. Swing voters always matter, but enthusiasm matters a lot with party committed voters.  I don't see Harris drumming up any enthusiasm, and that was already a major issue for Biden.

Doubtful.  While I get your point the Dems have placed themselves entirely in the anti-law enforcement camp.  You'd have to pick Dirty Harry to be Biden's VP to even begin to counter that.  How can she tout her law enforcement credentials in MI and FL without getting the same statement thrown back at her in more far left states?  The Twister game she'll have to play will be amazing to watch.  Also, I think you're all forgetting how thoroughly Gabbard took Harris to the woodshed, Harris got annihilated and never came close to recovering.  Honestly, I think this pick helps Trump quite a bit.  I suppose we shall see.

I don't think it will hurt him that badly from the progressive wing. Either they were going to come to terms with voting for the party preference at President this election cycle or not. That decision was already made for most with Biden, I don't think much will change with Harris in the equation.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 06:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: They should be concerned with both, it's going to be a close election. Swing voters always matter, but enthusiasm matters a lot with party committed voters.  I don't see Harris drumming up any enthusiasm, and that was already a major issue for Biden.

I think it will be interesting to see the right attack a law and order VP pick.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 06:56 PM)treee Wrote: I don't think it will hurt him that badly from the progressive wing. Either they were going to come to terms with voting for the party preference at President this election cycle or not. That decision was already made for most with Biden, I don't think much will change with Harris in the equation.

I can see the logic in that, but I still think there's going to be a major enthusiasm gap for the Biden ticket.  I'll be very interested to see how the Dem "progressive" wing reacts to this news.

(08-11-2020, 06:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think it will be interesting to see the right attack a law and order VP pick.

They won't have to, she'll shed all of those credentials she hasn't jettisoned already.
Reply/Quote
Harris was my top pick for president, with Pete close behind. Its the best pick for Biden, andis also a viable candidate for 2024 if iden manages to win.

Can Harris debate Trump too? Really wanted to see that.
Reply/Quote
I'm OK with it.  I wanted Tammy Duckworth but she probably didn't want it at all.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
[Image: EfKnkvuWsAARpsb?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote