Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's Kamala!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 06:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: They should be concerned with both, it's going to be a close election. Swing voters always matter, but enthusiasm matters a lot with party committed voters.  I don't see Harris drumming up any enthusiasm, and that was already a major issue for Biden.

Doubtful.  While I get your point the Dems have placed themselves entirely in the anti-law enforcement camp.  You'd have to pick Dirty Harry to be Biden's VP to even begin to counter that.  How can she tout her law enforcement credentials in MI and FL without getting the same statement thrown back at her in more far left states?  The Twister game she'll have to play will be amazing to watch.  Also, I think you're all forgetting how thoroughly Gabbard took Harris to the woodshed, Harris got annihilated and never came close to recovering.  Honestly, I think this pick helps Trump quite a bit.  I suppose we shall see.

That’s not my point. I would say that the GOP has placed the Democrats in that category, but having someone with actual credentials in that arena could dispel the misinformation.

Which “Far Left states” aren’t going to vote against Trump?

Biden just needs anti Trump enthusiasm, which is palpable.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Trump took to the podium to call her “nasty” at least 3 times. Probably not going to work.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 07:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump took to the podium to call her “nasty” at least 3 times. Probably not going to work.

Calling people nasty doesn't seem to jive with the masculine or alpha image Trump is trying to project.  I don't see why that is his go-to word.

You're all so naaaaaathty!!
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 07:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That’s not my point. I would say that the GOP has placed the Democrats in that category, but having someone with actual credentials in that arena could dispel the misinformation.

I got your point, it's just going to be completely neutered as they will do their absolute best to run from her record as a DA.  Which will actually be fodder for the GOP in that regard.  They'll point out how ashamed she is of her record.

Quote:Which “Far Left states” aren’t going to vote against Trump?

None.  I'd have been better off with the point I was attempting by saying far left voters.

Quote:Biden just needs anti Trump enthusiasm, which is palpable.

I know that's the current thinking, I don't see it working though.  As I've said before, there's a very long time between now and election day, an eternity in political terms.  "I don't like the other guy" is not a long term strategy.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 08:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Calling people nasty doesn't seem to jive with the masculine or alpha image Trump is trying to project.  I don't see why that is his go-to word.

You're all so naaaaaathty!!

Trump has a a very limited vocabulary.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 08:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Trump has a a very limited vocabulary.

True but if I were his PR guy I'd tell him to scale back the drag queen style buzz words.  

At best he sounds like Dusty Rhodes or Jim Jones. 
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 08:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I got your point, it's just going to be completely neutered as they will do their absolute best to run from her record as a DA.  Which will actually be fodder for the GOP in that regard.  They'll point out how ashamed she is of her record.

None.  I'd have been better off with the point I was attempting by saying far left voters.

I know that's the current thinking, I don't see it working though.  As I've said before, there's a very long time between now and election day, an eternity in political terms.  "I don't like the other guy" is not a long term strategy.

Trump ran on a platform of "lock her up" and he still talks about Clinton.

Plus he's now trying to say Obama was "awful" and dirty and whatever so he can tie Biden to that.

Not liking the other guy is literally what Trump does.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 08:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True but if I were his PR guy I'd tell him to scale back the drag queen style buzz words.  

At best he sounds like Dusty Rhodes or Jim Jones. 

Trump doesn't listen to anyone either.

And never besmirch The American Dream!

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qzvx7c1npvciy78ely...=giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Facebook denizens now telling me Harris is not eligible to be POTUS because she is not a natural born citizen and claiming the democrats don't care because Obama wasn't either.   Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 08:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I got your point, it's just going to be completely neutered as they will do their absolute best to run from her record as a DA.  Which will actually be fodder for the GOP in that regard.  They'll point out how ashamed she is of her record.

Pointing to the record, even if it’s to say she’s ashamed, still points to a record that contradicts their attacks. I think they’ll just stick with the current line.

Fair, you can make the argument that Stein voters and non voters could have overcome some deficits for Clinton. I also think that they’re a smaller issue compared to swing voters.

Even 2 weeks is a long time. Still, Trump is an unprecedented President.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 08:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Facebook denizens now telling me Harris is not eligible to be POTUS because she is not a natural born citizen and claiming the democrats don't care because Obama wasn't either.   Mellow

If Biden gets elected both God and the constitution will be dead within days so what does that matter?  I'm mailing in my 7,363 votes for President Kamala!
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 07:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm OK with it.  I wanted Tammy Duckworth but she probably didn't want it at all.

That was my choice. 
Reply/Quote

This isn’t the far left running. This is a common sense ticket
Reply/Quote
Biden picks Harris as a running mate? Wasn't she one of the first one's to get laughed off of the campaign trail?

As a Trump supporter, I see that as about the best choice he could have made.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 09:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Biden picks Harris as a running mate?  Wasn't she one of the first one's to get laughed off of the campaign trail?  

As a Trump supporter, I see that as about the best choice he could have made.

Yeah to me it's kind of a head scratcher.

She was out early,never got a lot of steam and is from a state that's going to go Democrat even if Biden put Reagan's ghost as his vp. I guess with her having the most republican track record they're looking to woo some gop voters, but seems like someone from a swing state would've been a better choice. But he'll, maybe the Dems are looking down the road. If she does well the next four years, Biden can retire and she'd have a decent chance running for POTUS.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 06:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: She's the safest pick on paper, but she will come with major baggage for the left leaning Dems.  As a former District Attorney she's part of the racist criminal justice system.  She will, of course, do her absolutely best to prostrate herself at the alter of current opinion but she'll do so at the risk of completely contradicting her past statements and actions.  Honestly, I don't think this is a good pick if you want Biden to win.  The enthusiasm for her on the left is going to be minimal to possibly hostile.

She was rough on Biden during the debates and can’t walk that back. Not the best choice.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 09:50 PM)Benton Wrote: Yeah to me it's kind of a head scratcher.

She was out early,never got a lot of steam and is from a state that's going to go Democrat even if Biden put Reagan's ghost as his vp. I guess with her having the most republican track record they're looking to woo some gop voters, but seems like someone from a swing state would've been a better choice. But he'll, maybe the Dems are looking down the road. If she does well the next four years, Biden can retire and she'd have a decent chance running for POTUS.

I don't know.  I don't think the Democrat base likes her very much.  According to what I was hearing on the ride home today, Biden got a lot more Black vote in CA than she did.  I think it has to do with her record as Prosecutor in San Fran. and AG of CA.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 09:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: She was rough on Biden during the debates and can’t walk that back. Not the best choice.

Didn't she say she believed the woman that accused Biden of sexual harrassment? 

I honestly don't know what came of that as I could be wrong, but pretty sure she said that.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 09:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: She was rough on Biden during the debates and can’t walk that back. Not the best choice.

Eh, Trump called Cruz's wife ugly and called everyone names during the primaries and they all lick his boots now.  Welcome to politics.
Reply/Quote