Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's Kamala!
(08-12-2020, 01:40 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: To think that either of these 2 are in favor of allowing wanton criminals to evade justice is an absolute joke.   It’s going to be. embarrassing in a few years when people’s postulations on the subject are resurfaced.  (I hope mine above are as well, but...)

Nobody really thinks that Biden or Harris personally believes that wanton crime should go unpunished.  The problem is that a very loud 10% of their constituents do.

I'll give Lightfoot and Jackson credit for finally condemning what happened in Chicago last night, but these events have absolutely been enabled by mayors and politicians in liberal cities, and I honest to God have no idea why.  Sure they needed to energize the youth to vote for what is a lackluster candidate, but how they thought that was a good long term strategy is beyond me, and I have no idea how they turn it all off even with a win in November.    
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 02:26 AM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Nobody really thinks that Biden or Harris personally believes that wanton crime should go unpunished.  The problem is that a very loud 10% of their constituents do.

I'll give Lightfoot and Jackson credit for finally condemning what happened in Chicago last night, but these events have absolutely been enabled by mayors and politicians in liberal cities, and I honest to God have no idea why.  Sure they needed to energize the youth to vote for what is a lackluster candidate, but how they thought that was a good long term strategy is beyond me, and I have no idea how they turn it all off even with a win in November.    

When a subset of the population is putting their freedom on the line for short term material gain, there is a MUCH larger systemic problem within society. Unfortunately, its monochromatic when sneakers and diapers are stolen vs land/water/voting - rights.

Be safe out there in the danger zone top dog.
Reply/Quote
Shaun King, one of the more progressive unofficial leaders of BLM, applauded the pick.

He noted that she had a terrible record as AG and then applauded her for improving every year since, calling her a "top 3" Senator when it comes to justice reform, saying her response in the last 4 months has been the best of any.

He also gave Biden credit for picking someone who attacked him so strongly.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 02:26 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: can someone interpret this for me?  

If I was a southerner, how would I be in the west coast?  

daddy is responsible for the bigALL cancellation because his ‘miracle’ down to zero plan didn’t happen.  Without a backup, we all got royally ****** big guy.

I was considering So Cal part of the south. 

I'm interested to hear what your back up plan would have been.  I know if I genuinely had a way to stop this (short of a complete government subsidized shutdown of which many young democrats wouldn't even obey the mandates of) then I would be telling anyone who would listen. 

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 02:32 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: When a subset of the population is putting their freedom on the line for short term material gain, there is a MUCH larger systemic problem within society.    Unfortunately, its monochromatic when sneakers and diapers are stolen vs land/water/voting - rights.  

Be safe out there in the danger zone top dog.

Yes, when a group of people feels so hopeless that they would risk freedom to loot and pillage, it is a terrible thing.  It's disingenuous to say it was for diapers and sneakers for their kids though.  That's complete nonsense. 

I'm not sure what you are getting at with the last sentence.     
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 11:26 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Might?  You don't really seem to have your finger on the pulse of current events.  She got destroyed in the first debate precisely because of her record as a DA.  Things have only worsened in that regard by a factor of ten.

Kamala Harris shines in commanding Democratic debate performance
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/27/politics/kamala-harris-democratic-debate-performance/index.html

Kamala Harris Surges in 3 Polls After Strong Debate Performance
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/02/us/politics/kamala-harris-polls.html

What to make of differing post-debate polls (Hint: It's good news for Kamala Harris)
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/06/politics/kamala-harris-debate-polls-democrats/index.html

Harris debate performance clearly had an effect. She saw a big 10 point jump after winning near universal praise. Meanwhile, Biden is down 5 points (following a panned performance) and Buttigieg and Sanders are down a less significant 3 and 2 points respectively. Warren held steady at 14%.

The First Democratic Debate In Five Charts
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-first-democratic-debate-in-five-charts/

[Image: wolfe-DebateExpectations-0628-UPDATED.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 24161442-7954885-image-a-65_1580539213713.jpg]
Reply/Quote
So, after spending the night thinking on this and perusing all of my Marxist havens to see what my comrades have to say, I am ready to express some thoughts on this.

I've seen the attacks on Harris already coming from the GOP. The RPV already came out swinging and did so from the left. Pat hit the nail on the head where any policy attacks on her really will have to come from the left, and they will specifically have to be on criminal justice which is something Democrats are seen as weak on. So attacking her from the left on this merely exposes the GOP as full of shit. That's the reason for the pick right there.

Now, this strategy is intended to sway back the Obama-Trump voters. The Democratic party has been having the debate since 2016 of weather the moderate/Obama-Trump voters were the ones they needed to target or whether they needed to court the left. We've all seen this playing out over the last four years and had the debate ourselves. With the selection of Biden, the Democratic voters made the decision to court the moderates and this VP pick just solidifies that, as did the votes by the DNC to not include M4A in the platform. This doesn't matter to the GOP who are still trying to claim the party is letting the leftists take over, but the argument fails when faced with the facts.

The leftists aren't happy, but they are more likely to turn out to the polls and support the party this year than they were four years ago. They are thinking along these lines:

Now, Ken isn't a leftist, but he has some of the same issues with Harris that the left will have because he is a criminal defense attorney.

Here's also the fun part about the Harris pick, Trump donated to her campaigns twice and Ivanka donated once. This was during the Obama administration when Harris was running for CAAG. So after Trump had gone down the rabbit-hole of far-right conspiracy theories, he was still donating to her. Just an interesting thing to think about.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 02:26 AM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Nobody really thinks that Biden or Harris personally believes that wanton crime should go unpunished.  The problem is that a very loud 10% of their constituents do.

"finally"?

Didn't Jackson condemn it the very next morning?  He tweeted about it and Millhouse noted that both he and the Mayor had condemned the looting before he even posted about the looting in another thread.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
So am I to gather that the people who like Biden like this pick and those who more "conservative" here don't?

Who could have seen that coming?!?!
Reply/Quote
At least the Trump supporters can be glad she's not "really" black...just like Obama wasn't.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
And DJT is already projecting:

Reply/Quote
She is just Tucker in drag...right?

Reply/Quote
Some here might not be old enough to remember how George Bush went after Reagan.  He created the "voodoo economics" tag.  And he was St. Ronnie's VP for eight years.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/bush-vs-reagan/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFXcdNtjv1U
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 08:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: And DJT is already projecting:

Well, I have no idea what she will do. But trump raised my taxes and took healthcare from lots of folks.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 08:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: And DJT is already projecting:

"She lied" is one of the weirdest attack lines Trump could possibly use.

But "she wants to take away your healthcare" even tops that. If Trump had gotten his way, this demonstrably would already have happened a long time ago. Is anyone really swallowing that?
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 10:22 AM)Benton Wrote: Well, I have no idea what she will do. But trump raised my taxes and took healthcare from lots of folks.

(08-12-2020, 10:27 AM)hollodero Wrote: "She lied" is one of the weirdest attack lines Trump could possibly use.

But "she wants to take away your healthcare" even tops that. If Trump had gotten his way, this demonstrably would already have happened a long time ago. Is anyone really swallowing that?

His supporters really believe everything he says.  Even if he says two diametrically opposed things.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 10:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: His supporters really believe everything he says.  Even if he says two diametrically opposed things.

Trump should say that all she does is golf, over 20 women accuse her of sexual misconduct, and she has a ridiculous combover and fake orange makeup.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 11:13 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump should say that all she does is golf, over 20 women accuse her of sexual misconduct, and she has a ridiculous combover and fake orange makeup.

What about the Harris Foundation and Harris University?  Why won't she release her tax forms?

Notice that the liberal press isn't talking about ANY of that?

Same special treatment Obama got.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 11:30 AM)Dill Wrote: What about the Harris Foundation and Harris University?  Why won't she release her tax forms?

Notice that the liberal press isn't talking about ANY of that?

Same special treatment Obama got.

An extremely credible source called the white house and said kamala wasn't born in the US
Reply/Quote