Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's March, so that can only mean one thing...
Yep, taxes. How do you file your taxes? Electronically, or do you still use paper? Have you already filed, or are you a procrastinator and wait until the last minute? Do you do it yourself or hire a professional to complete them for you? Do you itemize, or fill out a quick 1040EZ? Do you usually get a refund? If so, how do you like to spend it? Do you have to file state and local tax forms too, or do you just have to fill out a federal return? Do your and your spouse file together or separately? Tell us all about your experience in the wonderful world of taxes.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I dunno, I have to ask my wife.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 12:39 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I dunno, I have to ask my wife.
I hand my wife my w2.

I hand her the box of receipts I've collected.

sometime during the summer well go out to dinner on the rebate check. Which beats a few years ago before we had any investments and had to pay in.
Reply/Quote
In today's cynical world it's refreshing to see such complete and total trust in one's spouse. Maybe it's my OCD but I have to micromanage every step of the process or I just feel apprehensive about the whole thing. Which is probably why the wife always wants to be in a different room (or out of the house) when I'm wrangling with the taxes.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 12:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: In today's cynical world it's refreshing to see such complete and total trust in one's spouse.  Maybe it's my OCD but I have to micromanage every step of the process or I just feel apprehensive about the whole thing.  Which is probably why the wife always wants to be in a different room (or out of the house) when I'm wrangling with the taxes.

My wife has a degree in accounting, so we're sort of the opposite of you and Mrs. Llama.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I give them to my better half, as she is an accountant. Prior to our relationship I did them myself via the paper forms until Turbo Tax made it easier.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 12:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: In today's cynical world it's refreshing to see such complete and total trust in one's spouse.  Maybe it's my OCD but I have to micromanage every step of the process or I just feel apprehensive about the whole thing.  Which is probably why the wife always wants to be in a different room (or out of the house) when I'm wrangling with the taxes.
oh its not trust. She's incredibly stubborn and thinks no one can get anything right. If I did them, she'd go back and redo them anyway.
Reply/Quote
Note: Apparently the IRS is auditing at quite a low rate this year, due to budget cuts.

Time to refile the last 3 years !
Ninja

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I should have married an accountant.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
There has been an expansion in identity theft the past few years.

They are really watching for it. Returns were held up early because of it.
Reply/Quote
You suckers actually file income tax returns?
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 11:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You suckers actually file income tax returns?

Yup.  Under the name Fred Toast.  Some years I get a fat check, others a big bill.  I never pay the bill though.  It's not ME that they'll be going after ThumbsUp !
Reply/Quote
All I know is that if you file your taxes later than usual, Turbo Tax loses its mind.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 09:46 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yep, taxes.  How do you file your taxes?  Electronically, or do you still use paper?  Have you already filed, or are you a procrastinator and wait until the last minute?  Do you do it yourself or hire a professional to complete them for you?  Do you itemize, or fill out a quick 1040EZ?  Do you usually get a refund?  If so, how do you like to spend it?  Do you have to file state and local tax forms too, or do you just have to fill out a federal return?  Do your and your spouse file together or separately?  Tell us all about your experience in the wonderful world of taxes.

I file the day I have everything I can... the faster you file the faster they can process it (less to process) and the faster you get it back.

I almost always file electronically and have it direct deposited for faster money.

I spend my refunds on what ever is needed at the time.. usually car repairs
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 10:27 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I should have married an accountant.

It's like they say: Accountants do it without losing their balance.
Reply/Quote