Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
It's Time We Moved on from Burrow
(10-04-2023, 02:01 PM)TheFan Wrote: Some people don't have the cognitive or emotional maturity to admit when they're wrong. Even if Burrow was a to win a superbowl he would never say he's mistaken and would make up an excuse or claim Herbert would have won more. 

It's not the folks who are more apt to think the worse that have issues admitting they are wrong. Bengals crow has always been the best flavored crow. People think somehow anyone will be upset about being wrong when it means the Bengals have succeeded explains why so many get upset about alternative opinions that aren't always rosy. It's our defense mechanism. The same as those who plug their ears and scream all is well while ignoring all the signs. It's all in how we cope with our passion about our team. There has never been anything wrong with either way.

You don't hear anyone admitting they were wrong for calling people drama queens when they said Burrow should miss the start of the season (you want receipts there's a whole thread).

It's those who are overly positive that don't have to answer to the I told you so, because when it goes wrong we are all upset. It's the positive people who when right, think they are hurting others by screaming I told you so, but in reality, no one cares. We are all celebrating whatever good came out of what we though would be a disaster. You see that in the gameday thread. Folks like to call out those who said the game was over in the first quarter. By the end of the game when the Bengals win, don't nobody care what they said the first quarter. We celebrating the win. 

When folks realize we are all fans around here (especially those who post a lot), it's just some of us think the worse to not get our hopes crushed, you'll accept different views and understand where they are coming from. You'll understand we'll all be celebrating if the Bengals won the Super Bowl this season after this start. The issue isn't those who "won't admit they were wrong" about something negative they said. The issue is the positive people feeling the need to hear it when in reality no one cares as we celebrate whatever it is we were wrong about that turned into a happy ending. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(10-04-2023, 05:04 PM)ochocincoftw Wrote: Fan bases over react with the good and the bad.

When we’re doing good “we can easily go into arrowhead and beat the chiefs burrow is better than mahomes”

When we’re bad “it’s time we move on from burrow, this might be the worst quarterback in bengals history”

Fandom at its finest.

I don't think those 2 overreactions are comparable. When we were rolling, we WERE beating the Chiefs in Arrowhead, and Burrow was just as good as Mahomes or at the very least comparable.

One is laughable and I'm pretty sure OP was joking btw, while the other was pretty legit. I'm just saying.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(10-04-2023, 04:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yes, I did call you that.

Once.

Sarcastically.

81 months ago  Mellow

But I was dead on about Jeremy Hill, and Joe Mixon, and Jackson Carman
(10-04-2023, 05:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's not the folks who are more apt to think the worse that have issues admitting they are wrong. Bengals crow has always been the best flavored crow. People think somehow anyone will be upset about being wrong when it means the Bengals have succeeded explains why so many get upset about alternative opinions that aren't always rosy. It's our defense mechanism. The same as those who plug their ears and scream all is well while ignoring all the signs. It's all in how we cope with our passion about our team. There has never been anything wrong with either way.

You don't hear anyone admitting they were wrong for calling people drama queens when they said Burrow should miss the start of the season (you want receipts there's a whole thread).

It's those who are overly positive that don't have to answer to the I told you so, because when it goes wrong we are all upset. It's the positive people who when right, think they are hurting others by screaming I told you so, but in reality, no one cares. We are all celebrating whatever good came out of what we though would be a disaster. You see that in the gameday thread. Folks like to call out those who said the game was over in the first quarter. By the end of the game when the Bengals win, don't nobody care what they said the first quarter. We celebrating the win. 

When folks realize we are all fans around here (especially those who post a lot), it's just some of us think the worse to not get our hopes crushed, you'll accept different views and understand where they are coming from. You'll understand we'll all be celebrating if the Bengals won the Super Bowl this season after this start. The issue isn't those who "won't admit they were wrong" about something negative they said. The issue is the positive people feeling the need to hear it when in reality no one cares as we celebrate whatever it is we were wrong about that turned into a happy ending. 

I admit that I only feel the need to make it known when it was right because the “positive” posters act like insufferable ***** regardless of who’s right or wrong. But I might just be an outlier.
(10-04-2023, 06:08 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: But I was dead on about Jeremy Hill, and Joe Mixon, and Jackson Carman

Bottom line, we're discussing this not because of the validity of any prognostications you made,  but only because I made a joke at your expense six years and nine months ago.  You took offense at the time and then yesterday, the aforementioned 81 months later, I made yet another joke at your expense and you referenced the earlier occurrence.  

I come here to read news and discuss the team and the games with people, not to engage in arguments.  This is a football board full of members who are just itching to bust your balls on occasion.  That's how it works.  You misspell something, have some weird or bad take, or say some silly ass thing, and you're going to hear about it.  Lord knows I've taken my fair share of abuse over the years, and I've dished some out as well.  But, we have a laugh and move on.  That's how it works here, or how it's supposed to anyway.  And, with both instances I made a small joke, and neither remark was intended as anything more or some challenge to your football acumen.  

But, I've prattled on long enough.  So, I'll close by saying that I've said all I have to say and certainly more than I would have ever thought needed to be said about this. Clearly, I needed to learn a lesson about what I can and cannot say to you, and after all this time I believe I finally have.  I'm moving on.  Have a good evening.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
(10-03-2023, 10:05 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I've had it. I've seen enough these past few seasons. It's time we move on from this guy. It'd be better if we waited until his birthday to bench him.

Especially after watching these last few games, I can't think of anything else but to say something so outlandish that the football gods decide to give Burrow his mojo back to counter the stupidity.

If your are saying, NotBigzo, that by dissing Burrow in an outlandish manner you can motivate the football gods to bestow their blessings on Burrow then all I can say is I feel very fortunate to be communicating with such an all-powerful person as yourself, one who can control the football gods with just your words. My magic socks and back-turned cap and yelling at the TV from 1000 miles away have not been working.

I can't get my own wife to listen to me, let alone the football gods.
(10-04-2023, 10:48 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: It's okay my man. IT's what the thread is for.

I remenber Joe Brr's magical year at LSU and thought, "well, anyone could do that with Jamar Chase AND Justin Jefferson. He was carried but great playmakers to an extent no doubt.

I wanted Justin Herbert too.

Could go deep on this comparison, but only really need to point out one thing

Justin Herbert does not even have a winning record as an NFL QB and has absolutely ZERO playoff wins. 

Let alone lead his team to the AFCCG in back to back years while advancing to the SB in one of those. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
(10-04-2023, 05:20 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Elite QB'S shouldn't need everything to be just right. Again that is Andy Dalton territory - he was torched for that. Everything needed to be perfect. And when it was in 2015, he was on his way to possible league MVP before suffering the thumb injury. 

Burrow has had 2 elite seasons behind some almost historically bad OL’s. That’s not even close to everything being “just right.” So that comparison is terrible.

(10-04-2023, 07:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Could go deep on this comparison, but only really need to point out one thing

Justin Herbert does not even have a winning record as an NFL QB and has absolutely ZERO playoff wins. 

Let alone lead his team to the AFCCG in back to back years while advancing to the SB in one of those. 

Herbert lost a playoff game where his defense forced 5 turnovers. Talk about a meltdown…

(10-04-2023, 06:46 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Bottom line, we're discussing this not because of the validity of any prognostications you made,  but only because I made a joke at your expense six years and nine months ago.  You took offense at the time and then yesterday, the aforementioned 81 months later, I made yet another joke at your expense and you referenced the earlier occurrence.  

I come here to read news and discuss the team and the games with people, not to engage in arguments.  This is a football board full of members who are just itching to bust your balls on occasion.  That's how it works.  You misspell something, have some weird or bad take, or say some silly ass thing, and you're going to hear about it.  Lord knows I've taken my fair share of abuse over the years, and I've dished some out as well.  But, we have a laugh and move on.  That's how it works here, or how it's supposed to anyway.  And, with both instances I made a small joke, and neither remark was intended as anything more or some challenge to your football acumen.  

But, I've prattled on long enough.  So, I'll close by saying that I've said all I have to say and certainly more than I would have ever thought needed to be said about this. Clearly, I needed to learn a lesson about what I can and cannot say to you, and after all this time I believe I finally have.  I'm moving on.  Have a good evening.  

All I’m saying is don’t doubt me bro. I’m going to single handely save the season.
(10-04-2023, 07:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Could go deep on this comparison, but only really need to point out one thing

His stats are comparable to Burrow despite having an even more incompetent coach in Staley.

So you’re turning down a QB who is, at minimum, as good as Burrow plus a bevy of 1st round picks from Miami for what….exactly?
(10-04-2023, 06:50 PM)Nepa Wrote: If your are saying, NotBigzo, that by dissing Burrow in an outlandish manner you can motivate the football gods to bestow their blessings on Burrow then all I can say is I feel very fortunate to be communicating with such an all-powerful person as yourself, one who can control the football gods with just your words. My magic socks and back-turned cap and yelling at the TV from 1000 miles away have not been working.

I can't get my own wife to listen to me, let alone the football gods.

I’ve hated the Georgia Bulldogs the last two season. And I do nothing but insist that they’re one game away from being exposed.

I think that speaks for itself.

Burrow is awful and we need to trash his lawn.
(10-04-2023, 08:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow has had 2 elite seasons behind some almost historically bad OL’s. That’s not even close to everything being “just right.” So that comparison is terrible.

Herbert lost a playoff game where his defense forced 3 turnovers. Talk about a meltdown…

But he had great pass catchers, an above average rb room, and a defense that allowed his offense to get away with underperforming in critical moments.
(10-04-2023, 09:12 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: But he had great pass catchers, an above average rb room, and a defense that allowed his offense to get away with underperforming in critical moments.

Our RBs have sucked since Jeremy Hill's one hit wonder season. The defense makes some plays here and there, but let's not act like they've carried this team anywhere. Are we pretending Keenan Allen and Ekeler aren't really great weapons... Both Burrow and Herbert could be helped out by some coaching upgrades.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(10-04-2023, 09:12 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: But he had great pass catchers, an above average rb room, and a defense that allowed his offense to get away with underperforming in critical moments.

Right. The Bengals were a pretty good team all around the last couple years. I don’t see anyone saying otherwise. The pushback is coming when someone claims Burrow “needs everything just right.” That’s not even close to being true. As we’ve seen what he can do (when healthy) behind some very poor OL’s, and questionable coaching.

(10-04-2023, 01:14 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Won multiple playoff games with an utterly crap o line and half a second away from hitting chase to win Super Bowl if Mike had bought the average line we have today.

Yea- I remember Akili Smith doing all of this.

Yeah. The utterly stupid takes and threads are why i'm just staying away from this place. Guy gets an injury that makes it difficult to plant and push and everyone...no, that's not right...the ******** come out to play, completely forgetting what he's done to this point and not even giving him time to heal enough to get back to what he's been. 

But HAI GUYS!! i sure wish we had Justin Herbert right now. You know him! The guy that hasn't even won a playoff game yet and has only had one try at it, blowing a 27-0 lead!!1!!!1!!1

***** clown shoes.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
An offense that scores 27 points in a half didn’t lose them that game, lol.
An offense that only scored 3 points in the 2nd half sure helped but why am i explaining this to a troll?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(10-04-2023, 09:38 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: An offense that scores 27 points in a half didn’t lose them that game, lol.

Yeah, Kyle Shanahan never gets any of the blame for blowing that big lead in the Super Bowl against the Pats… Ninja

Anyway, in Justin Herbert’s one playoff game he only completed 58% of his passes, and had a 84.7 passer rating. Not really anything to write home about. And JAX was hardly some juggernaut of a team.

(10-04-2023, 09:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: An offense that only scored 3 points in the 2nd half sure helped but why am i explaining this to a troll?

The 27 points in the first half is more than enough.
(10-04-2023, 09:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, Kyle Shanahan never gets any of the blame for blowing that big lead in the Super Bowl against the Pats… Ninja

Anyway, in Justin Herbert’s one playoff game he only completed 58% of his passes, and had a 84.7 passer rating. Not really anything to write home about. And JAX was hardly some juggernaut of a team.

Most of the blame fell on the defense…