Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
It's True: Geno Is The Best Defensive Player In The League
Leads the league in pressures and sacks. Currently beating JJ Watt, KHALIL MACK, and Aaron Donald. And he's on pace for 19 sacks this season, which would be a record.

Top 5 in stops.

In the preseason, I mentioned in a thread that Aaron Donald is better. I'm wrong.

Geno got paid, and he's 30.. but he's playing lights out. Pressure up the middle is the BEST thing you can ask for. Love it.

Ladies and gentleman.. we could have a defensive MVP on our hands by the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:06 PM)thillan Wrote: Leads the league in pressures and sacks. Currently beating JJ Watt, KHALIL MACK, and Aaron Donald. And he's on pace for 19 sacks this season, which would be a record.

Top 5 in stops.

In the preseason, I mentioned in a thread that Aaron Donald is better. I'm wrong.

Geno got paid, and he's 30.. but he's playing lights out. Pressure up the middle is the BEST thing you can ask for. Love it.

Ladies and gentleman.. we could have a defensive MVP on our hands by the end of the season.

I would love that for the Bengals.

I would LOVE it for him.  He's a class act and a dominant player.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:08 PM)3wt Wrote: I would love that for the Bengals.

I would LOVE it for him.  He's a class act and a dominant player.

Absolutely! He deserves it. And he's working towards it right now.
Reply/Quote
Hall. Of. Fame.

And the national media has been ignoring him all this time. I've seen more stories written about TJ Watt this year (a player on a dysfunctional .500 team) than I have about Geno in 9 years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This isn't something new, we fans have known this for a long time! It pretty much goes with Geno's personality too.
Reply/Quote
Just looked up Geno's Pro Football Reference page, and to anyone interested, they now track TFL (tackles for loss) and QB hits.

Geno is sitting on 67.0 sacks, 90 tackles for loss and 146 QB hits in just 126 career games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:39 PM)sandwedge Wrote: This isn't something new, we fans have known this for a long time! It pretty much goes with Geno's personality too.

Yeah geno seems like he likes not being in the spotlight. 
Reply/Quote
All Hail Geno !

He is the Man !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
What is ITT?

Reply/Quote
He's simply the best DT in the game and has been since 2011.

Donald was a:

- Higher pick
- Plays for a more glamourous organisation.
- Has a team with a bigger fanbase.
- Has been a PFF darling since day one (Geno was a darling, but it wasn't right out of the gate and since the PFF change a few years ago, he's barely mentioned or anything, just the 1 AP team, when he should've made 2 years and a bunch of other accolades)

Etc.

Donald has NEVER been better than Geno IMO. We shall see though.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:22 PM)thillan Wrote: Absolutely! He deserves it. And he's working towards it right now.

(10-08-2018, 01:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What is ITT?

In This Thread
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The Silent Assassin
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 01:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Silent Assassin

He likes Mexican food?
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just looked up Geno's Pro Football Reference page, and to anyone interested, they now track TFL (tackles for loss) and QB hits.

Geno is sitting on 67.0 sacks, 90 tackles for loss and 146 QB hits in just 126 career games.

Thanks for those stats, I don’t see a way that he won’t end up in the HOF.
Reply/Quote
I know Geno hates the spotlight but if keeps this production up for another 3-4 years, he should be a first ballot Hall of Famer. Since he plays in Cincy though, Bengals gotta make a playoff run at some point so HOF voters don't forget about Geno and AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
The guy is just a stud. He goes about his business and just keeps racking up the stats. I think that's the problem with some our guys. They're not in the spotlight because they don't want to be. Some of that is on the media, but a lot of it is that our guys are blue collar lunch pail players. Obviously Geno and AJ are stars and super talented, but they're not running their mouths our trying to bring attention to themselves. They're hard working team players and that just doesn't get clicks.

Geno is definitely on track to be in the HOF, but I worry being a career Bengal will make it difficult for him when it shouldn't be.
Reply/Quote
He is probably greatest Bengal ever and since we drafted him he has made our pass rush 1000 times better. Since he has become a full time starter we have 5 seasons of 40 + sacks before that in the Marvin era we had zero.
Since he was drafted he has been our best player it's a shame people do not recognize that.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I started watching the NFL back in the late 80’s, I remember thinking that Sapp was the best DT that I’d ever seen. I don’t know if there’s a sack list by position or a position ranking somewhere but Geno has to be way up there. Most of the DLine stat leaders have to be at DE. I don’t think that the Bengals would even need to win a playoff game for Geno to make the hall. It seems like fans, players and even Marvin praise AJ as being great and the best Bengal. I think that Geno is by far the best Bengal. He doesn’t whiff or get beat the way AJ drops balls. Many times Geno has to beat a double team to do what he does. I wish there was a way to track stats that the DE puts up because of the DT. A lot of times it’s the DT doing the work and the DE reaping the praise and awards. Geno is incredible!
Reply/Quote
Geno is the best DT in Bengal history.

Green is best WR

Dunlop may be the best DE

All three have never received the credit they are due- but particularly Geno.

Now if we just could get an above average oline ....
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:06 PM)thillan Wrote: Leads the league in pressures and sacks. Currently beating JJ Watt, KHALIL MACK, and Aaron Donald. And he's on pace for 19 sacks this season, which would be a record.

Top 5 in stops.

Yeah, i have been arguing with people that Geno is better than Donald for awhile now.

I think it is becoming pretty clear who is the best DT in football. It is Geno and like you said could be the DPOTY
if he keeps this up. Great job by the FO extending the guy. I don't know where our Defense would be without him.
Reply/Quote