Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's a miracle
Dude just cut him. We've seen enough.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 02:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not so fast my friends....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/17/bengals-cordy-glenn-at-odds-over-handling-of-his-concussion/

Craziness man, he sure isn't helping himself.

How can he think the team was rushing him back. It has been months! Shocked
Reply/Quote
Get rid of him. I've busted condoms with more strength than this wuss. He's candy!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Get rid of him. I've busted condoms with more strength than this wuss. He's candy!

Lol

Yeah, about the softest big guy in run blocking I have ever seen. He wasn't worth the money before and now he is 
acting like the coaches were rushing him back? I would cut Glenn and save the money for someone decent. Jerry has
played decent anyways and isn't as soft in the running game.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 02:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not so fast my friends....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/17/bengals-cordy-glenn-at-odds-over-handling-of-his-concussion/

I'm thinking his extended injury is his own doing. He was able to make it last 8 weeks and the team said enough. You are cleared get out there. And now he is not even there today and wants to be cut. 

I would put him on the trading block and get whatever the team can for him. 

I understand that football is dangerous and that players are putting themselves at risk. However, those the are good enough to sign deals make millions and if properly used can ensure not only they won't have to ever work after retiring but that kids and grandkids also could enjoy life more without worrying about money. 

The problem is most players don't have that mentality and it has hurt them financially. 
Reply/Quote
at least trade the guy. its not that he can't play, its that he doesn't want to play here. thus asking to be cut... so he can pick his next team.

this organization is so bad we can't even trade for seemingly good players.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:09 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Dude just cut him.  We've seen enough.

trade him....he's still a left tackle in a league that is desperate for them

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:20 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: I'm thinking his extended injury is his own doing. He was able to make it last 8 weeks and the team said enough. You are cleared get out there. And now he is not even there today and wants to be cut. 

I would put him on the trading block and get whatever the team can for him. 

I understand that football is dangerous and that players are putting themselves at risk. However, those the are good enough to sign deals make millions and if properly used can ensure not only they won't have to ever work after retiring but that kids and grandkids also could enjoy life more without worrying about money. 

The problem is most players don't have that mentality and it has hurt them financially. 

That's not how it works.
NFL Concussion protocol is handled by an independent 3rd party. They have to clear him, not the Bengals.

The Bengals fined him for arguing with the OL Coach (sad but ahahaha, kinda sums up the season)

He can always retire if he don't like it, but it's hard to know with out being involved if he's honest or trying to milk those paychecks since this is the last of the good ones he'll get.
Reply/Quote
He's quit on this team. Trade his big ass.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:36 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: That's not how it works.
NFL Concussion protocol is handled by an independent 3rd party. They have to clear him, not the Bengals.

The Bengals fined him for arguing with the OL Coach (sad but ahahaha, kinda sums up the season)

He can always retire if he don't like it, but it's hard to know with out being involved if he's honest or trying to milk those paychecks since this is the last of the good ones he'll get.

Between the coaches telling him he will be playing LG this year and all of the other players being injured I'm sure he wants to protect his own health and get into FA ASAP. Wouldn't you? 

If I was a player and needed a job, I wouldn't be coming to the Bengals given all the injuries they are having ATM. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:45 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: Between the coaches telling him he will be playing LG this year and all of the other players being injured I'm sure he wants to protect his own health and get into FA ASAP. Wouldn't you? 

If I was a player and needed a job, I wouldn't be coming to the Bengals given all the injuries they are having ATM. 

I understand all of that.
But he won't be playing LG now, so that's not a big deal.

Also the amount of money he's getting from us won't be as good as the next contract, his best bet for a good contract is to play LT here and do as good as he can and use the excuse that the LG next to him dragged his play down.

No one will want to sign him for big money considering he just came off of a long time in Concussion and is fighting about it now.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:26 PM)pally Wrote: trade him....he's still a left tackle in a league that is desperate for them

Oh...they'll trade him to save salary I'm sure.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:14 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I understand all of that.
But he won't be playing LG now, so that's not a big deal.

Also the amount of money he's getting from us won't be as good as the next contract, his best bet for a good contract is to play LT here and do as good as he can and use the excuse that the LG next to him dragged his play down.

No one will want to sign him for big money considering he just came off of a long time in Concussion and is fighting about it now.

I'm sure it hurt Glenn's ego that he was moving to LG...with Jonah at LT and Bobbie Hart at RT.

The Bengals basically said, Bobbie Hart is a better Tackle than you.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 02:34 PM)pally Wrote: Cordy Glenn is out of concussion protocol and is cleared to practice. Of course, after 2 months out he still could be a couple weeks away from actually playing

Was he cleared for drills or full contact?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 01:09 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Was he cleared for drills or full contact?

As an Independent Neurological Consultant cleared him. I'm pretty sure he was cleared for full football activities.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 01:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: As an Independent Neurological Consultant cleared him. I'm pretty sure he was cleared for full football activities.

Who said he was cleared by an independent neurologist?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 02:01 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Who said he was cleared by an independent neurologist?

"Glenn, the top left tackle on the 53-man roster, has been out since Aug. 18 and hasn't played since the team's second game of the preseason. On Wednesday, Taylor said Glenn was cleared to return by the league's concussion protocol. Taylor said Glenn's return was not in his hands."
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27867529/cordy-glenn-disciplined-bengals-sits-practice-amid-report-rift-team

"Players in the NFL concussion protocol must move through a five-step process that can't end until both the team doctor and an independent neurological consultant clear him for return to participation."

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/261317/how-is-the-nfl-concussion-protocol-supposed-to-work

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 02:15 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "Glenn, the top left tackle on the 53-man roster, has been out since Aug. 18 and hasn't played since the team's second game of the preseason. On Wednesday, Taylor said Glenn was cleared to return by the league's concussion protocol. Taylor said Glenn's return was not in his hands."
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27867529/cordy-glenn-disciplined-bengals-sits-practice-amid-report-rift-team

"Players in the NFL concussion protocol must move through a five-step process that can't end until both the team doctor and an independent neurological consultant clear him for return to participation."

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/261317/how-is-the-nfl-concussion-protocol-supposed-to-work

I watched Taylor’s press conference in which he said Glenn was cleared for practice. I watched video of Glenn practicing yesterday doing drills without pads. That means he wasn’t doing full contact. Drills are step 4. Full contact is step 5. Independent neurologist comes after step 5 to approve returning to play in game.

So the video evidence shows me a player in step 4 which indicates he hasn’t been cleared by an independent neurologist as some have claimed.

Basically, this is a case of bad reporting combined with speculation and conjecture on the part of sports reporters until proven otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 02:28 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I watched Taylor’s press conference in which he said Glenn was cleared for practice. I watched video of Glenn practicing yesterday doing drills without pads. That means he wasn’t doing full contact. Drills are step 4. Full contact is step 5. Independent neurologist comes after step 5 to approve returning to play in game.

So the video evidence shows me a player in step 4 which indicates he hasn’t been cleared by an independent neurologist as some have claimed.

Basically, this is a case of bad reporting combined with speculation and conjecture on the part of sports reporters until proven otherwise.

It could be bad reporting, but this is from the team's website. 

"- Two players were cleared Wednesday for the first time to practice full go this season, cornerback Darqueze Dennard (knee) and left tackle Cordy Glenn (concussion)."
https://www.bengals.com/news/injury-update-starting-cbs-out-this-week-green-not-full-go-yet-glenn-cleared

Though, in his presser he says Glenn is "cleared to return to practice today...see how that goes before he's cleared to play in a game".

So that would indicate, per the 5 step process, that he may not be cleared for full contact/game action. 

Clear as mud!! lol And par for the course with this organization. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Later in the presser, Zac did say it was Glenn's first day in full pads.

Reply/Quote