Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's insanity! The war on Christianity......
(10-12-2015, 09:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Give me examples of Christian persecution in America.

Kids in schools who are picked on and bullied for being Christian. 

Just one kind of example (and it happened to me, BTW), but I think it perfectly encapsulates the type of "persecution" Christians in America face. Like you, I wouldn't call it persecution myself, but by the very definition of the word, it is.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-12-2015, 09:57 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Kids in schools who are picked on and bullied for being Christian. 

Just one kind of example (and it happened to me, BTW), but I think it perfectly encapsulates the type of "persecution" Christians in America face. Like you, I wouldn't call it persecution myself, but by the very definition of the word, it is.

For the record, I agree with you. That is persecution and it does happen. Persecution of all sorts happens to just about every demographic descriptor we can think of on a daily basis everywhere in this country. I think this would be another discussion entirely if we discussed systemic persecution.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-11-2015, 12:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We are not talking about him.

We are talking about the people who believe he exists and the way they keep crying about persecution.

Like your trying to persecute here? You guys are constantly trying to oppress any discussion or anyone's belief in God.

What's funny is that you go after any of us who believe then you hedge your bets in other threads saying that he may exist. You just try and cover yourself with "it's not the christian God" which is funny because even while you hedge your bets with God you do it while persecuting his followers .
(10-12-2015, 11:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Like your trying to persecute here?   You guys are constantly trying to oppress any discussion or anyone's belief in God.

Ridicule, by a single person on the internets, does not equal oppression, no matter who hard you wish otherwise.    

Quote:What's funny is that you go after any of us who believe then you hedge your bets in other threads saying that he may exist.

It's called intelligence and logic.  We can't disprove the existence of god, just like we can't disprove that Justin Bieber is the second coming.

Quote:You just try and cover yourself with "it's not the christian God"  which is funny because even while you hedge your bets with God you do it while persecuting his followers .

No, we simply state it cannot be known, which is the truth.  Sorry we don't buy your particular brand of bullshit in favor of the many other flavors.   But don't worry, you've still got your faith.
(10-13-2015, 12:59 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Ridicule, by a single person on the internets, does not equal oppression, no matter who hard you wish otherwise.    

It's called intelligence and logic.  We can't disprove the existence of god, just like we can't disprove that Justin Bieber is the second coming.

No, we simply state it cannot be known, which is the truth.  Sorry we don't buy your particular brand of bullshit in favor of the many other flavors.   But don't worry, you've still got your faith.

Ouch !!

You're just a sparkly belt-fed MF'er, aren't you ?
LOL
(10-13-2015, 12:59 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Ridicule, by a single person on the internets, does not equal oppression, no matter who hard you wish otherwise.    

Haha not a single person. It's like 5 of you who try and bully everyone with your anti God nonsense. News Flash.... Your not going to waiver my faith. And I'm sure many here also feel the same.

It's so hypocritical to deny God then hedge your bets with a "he may exist". Grow a pair and stand for something instead of straddling the line like some sort of bs artist.

In the end your only fooling yourselves. I know what my God is all about and I feel him inside me. I am proud to stand with God and will tell anyone who asks. The fact your all hedging means there is still hope for you. I pray someday you all feel God's roar inside of you.
(10-13-2015, 01:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha not a single person.  It's like 5 of you who try and bully everyone with your anti God nonsense.     News Flash.... Your not going to waiver my faith.   And I'm sure many here also feel the same.    

It's so hypocritical to deny God then hedge your bets with a "he may exist".   Grow a pair and stand for something instead of straddling the line like some sort of bs artist.    

In the end your only fooling yourselves.   I know what my God is all about and I feel him inside me.    I am proud to stand with God and will tell anyone who asks.    The fact your all hedging means there is still hope for you.   I pray someday you all feel God's roar inside of you.

Some kind of thing that might fall under one of the many, many definitions of a "god" may exist.

On the  other hand, I can't speak for everyone, but the traditional Abrahamic monotheistic god certainly does not exist, as his attributes are logically impossible and contradictory and many events ascribed to him never even happened.
(10-13-2015, 01:22 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Some kind of thing that might fall under one of the many, many definitions of a "god" may exist.

On the  other hand, I can't speak for everyone, but the traditional Abrahamic monotheistic god certainly does not exist, as his attributes are logically impossible and contradictory and many events ascribed to him never even happened.

Keep hedging those bets lol.
(10-12-2015, 09:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Give me examples of Christian persecution in America.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/05/persecution_of_christians_in_america_its_not_just_over_there.html
(10-13-2015, 01:35 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Keep hedging those bets lol.

Done 'n' done! This song sums up my feelings nicely.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-13-2015, 01:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha not a single person.  It's like 5 of you who try and bully everyone with your anti God nonsense.     News Flash.... Your not going to waiver my faith.   And I'm sure many here also feel the same.

Oh man, it's not one person, it's five!!!  I could give two shits if I "waiver" your faith.  As Hitchen's pointed out it's your favorite toy and you're not going to stop playing with it. 

Quote:It's so hypocritical to deny God then hedge your bets with a "he may exist".   Grow a pair and stand for something instead of straddling the line like some sort of bs artist.

No, it's called using logic.  You can't prove a negative, basic logic.  News flash, you're not going to waiver my logic.

Quote:In the end your only fooling yourselves.   I know what my God is all about and I feel him inside me.

So you were a catholic alter boy?  Heyyyyooohhhhh.

Quote:   I am proud to stand with God and will tell anyone who asks.    The fact your all hedging means there is still hope for you.   I pray someday you all feel God's roar inside of you.

I thought I felt god's roar inside of me once, then I remembered I'd had extra jalapenos on my hot dog.
(10-13-2015, 01:40 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Done 'n' done!  This song sums up my feelings nicely.

Great. Now I leave you with this. Good night and God Bless

(10-13-2015, 01:54 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oh man, it's not one person, it's five!!!  I could give two shits if I "waiver" your faith.  As Hitchen's pointed out it's your favorite toy and you're not going to stop playing with it. 

No, it's called using logic.  You can't prove a negative, basic logic.  News flash, you're not going to waiver my logic.

So you were a catholic alter boy?  Heyyyyooohhhhh.

I thought I felt god's roar inside of me once, then I remembered I'd had extra jalapenos on my hot dog.

That made me chuckle. LOL
(10-13-2015, 01:35 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Keep hedging those bets lol.

Same thing you are doing.

You say you "believe" but really its "just in case".
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-12-2015, 10:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: For the record, I agree with you. That is persecution and it does happen. Persecution of all sorts happens to just about every demographic descriptor we can think of on a daily basis everywhere in this country. I think this would be another discussion entirely if we discussed systemic persecution.

Agreed.

(10-13-2015, 01:22 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: On the  other hand, I can't speak for everyone, but the traditional Abrahamic monotheistic god certainly does not exist, as his attributes are logically impossible and contradictory and many events ascribed to him never even happened.

Wait, I got ask, how are his attributes "logically impossible and contradictory"?

(10-13-2015, 01:54 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I thought I felt god's roar inside of me once, then I remembered I'd had extra jalapenos on my hot dog.

I admit, I lol'd.
(10-13-2015, 09:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: Same thing you are doing.

You say you "believe" but really its "just in case".

It's not a just in case. I know God is real.
(10-12-2015, 09:57 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Kids in schools who are picked on and bullied for being Christian. 

Well, then;  both the incidence and the precedence prevelence of persecution amoung overweight kids, kids with glasses, and kids with braces are all increased compared to Christian kids.  I would ventrure to say kids of other faiths are persecuted more than Christian kids.

Who are these Christian kids being persecuted by?  Gangs of athiest kids roaming the hallway?  Muslim kids?  Sikhs?
(10-13-2015, 11:24 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's not a just in case.  I know God is real.

Know you don't.  You "believe" he is real.  And you only do so because you fear what will happen if you don't.

And that's fine.  But it is no better than someone (like me) who was raised to be afraid of not believing but grew up and realized that there probably is something bigger than all of us, but it isn't out to get us if we don't do exactly as he says in some book.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-12-2015, 11:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Like your trying to persecute here?   You guys are constantly trying to oppress any discussion or anyone's belief in God.    

What's funny is that you go after any of us who believe then you hedge your bets in other threads saying that he may exist.    You just try and cover yourself with "it's not the christian God"  which is funny because even while you hedge your bets with God you do it while persecuting his followers .

Disagreement is not the same as oppression.  How am I hedging my bets by rejecting your god the same as I reject Zeus, but admitting I don't know if a god does or does not exist?  But, if a god does exist it sure ain't the god of your Bible?  Because if I'm playing by your rules I'm still going to Hell.  So how is that hedging my bets?  Do you ever think before you type?

It's so hypocritical to deny God then hedge your bets with a "he may exist".   Grow a pair and stand for something instead of straddling the line like some sort of bs artist.    

In the end your only fooling yourselves.   I know what my God is all about and I feel him inside me.    I am proud to stand with God and will tell anyone who asks.    The fact your all hedging means there is still hope for you.   I pray someday you all feel God's roar inside of you.

Wow.  Five whole people.  I guess everyone has their cross to bear.  Just imagine how you would feel if the government tried to ban your lifestyle.