Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's insanity! The war on Christianity......
(10-13-2015, 11:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: Know you don't.  You "believe" he is real.  And you only do so because you fear what will happen if you don't.

And that's fine.  But it is no better than someone (like me) who was raised to be afraid of not believing but grew up and realized that there probably is something bigger than all of us, but it isn't out to get us if we don't do exactly as he says in some book.

Thanks for telling me how I feel. You want to tell me what I am going to have for dinner as well?

Who said God is out to get anyone? I have never feared God, and will never fear him.

Btw nice hedge. See you are keep 1 foot in in case Wink
(10-13-2015, 01:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  I feel him inside me.

I bet you do, cowboy.

I.  Bet.  You.  Do.

If I were you, I'd copyright this.  Throw it on a bumper stick with a fish symbol.  Go on Shark Tank.  You're welcome.
(10-13-2015, 11:34 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Wow.  Five whole people.  I guess everyone has their cross to bear.  Just imagine how you would feel if the government tried to ban your lifestyle.

Easy fix there . Get the government out of that business. Let's try freedom.
(10-13-2015, 11:37 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Thanks for telling me how I feel.   You want to tell me what I am going to have for dinner as well?  

Who said God is out to get anyone?  I have never feared God,  and will never fear him.  

Btw nice hedge.   See you are keep 1 foot in in case Wink

its easy because I've been where you are.  I just grew up and stopped fearing death and what will or will not lay beyond.

You take comfort in "believing" but its not different than my belief...you just think yours is morally superior because I believe differently.

Another reason I am glad I don't believe like you and your ilk anymore.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-13-2015, 11:24 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's not a just in case.  I know God is real.

OK, if you know he's real...prove it.  
(10-13-2015, 11:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: its easy because I've been where you are.  I just grew up and stopped fearing death and what will or will not lay beyond.

You take comfort in "believing" but its not different than my belief...you just think yours is morally superior because I believe differently.

Another reason I am glad I don't believe like you and your ilk anymore.

Wow well I guess you don't like feeling great. But to each his own.
(10-13-2015, 01:38 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/05/persecution_of_christians_in_america_its_not_just_over_there.html

This sums it up . . . 

Quote:Christians also must realize they have been deceived by the terms of the left, which successfully persecutes Christians in the name of civil rights and equality.  The battle against Christians in the name of “equality” and “rights” must be seen for what it is; namely, a battle between two inimically opposed religious world views, one of which is historic Christianity, the other of which is a tyrannous statism that seeks to ram its views down Christians’ throats.

Basically, the author is saying Christianity isn't compatible with "liberty and justice for all."

I'm on the side of liberty and justice for all.  Not the side of a god who would drown the entire f'n world.  You drown a sack full of puppies and you're a monster.  You flood the entire world and drown everything in it (except for one ark) and you're considered a deity who loves us and everything is all good because of a rainbow.  LOL

One of the many differences between you and I; I stood up and took an oath to defend to the death your right to believe in your god.  Multiple times.  Don't tell me you're being oppressed.  Don't you tell me or others to stand for something while sitting on your couch when all you do is type on a computer.  You're not standing for anything.  You're trolling a message board with multiple personalities.  LOL
(10-13-2015, 11:44 AM)nevergonnachange Wrote: OK, if you know he's real...prove it.  

He is with me everyday.
(10-13-2015, 11:37 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Thanks for telling me how I feel.   You want to tell me what I am going to have for dinner as well?  

Who said God is out to get anyone?  I have never feared God,  and will never fear him.  

Btw nice hedge.   See you are keep 1 foot in in case Wink

Food.
(10-13-2015, 11:40 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Easy fix there . Get the government out of that business.   Let's try freedom.

The government is in the business based upon the politician's individual faith.
(10-13-2015, 11:51 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This sums it up . . . 

Basically, the author is saying Christianity isn't compatible with "liberty and justice for all."

I'm on the side of liberty and justice for all.  Not the side of a god who would drown the entire f'n world.  You drown a sack full of puppies and you're a monster.  You flood the entire world and drown everything in it (except for one ark) and you're considered a deity who loves us and everything is all good because of a rainbow.  LOL

One of the many differences between you and I; I stood up and took an oath to defend to the death your right to believe in your god.  Multiple times.  Don't tell me you're being oppressed.  Don't you tell me or others to stand for something while sitting on your couch when all you do is type on a computer.  You're not standing for anything.  You're trolling a message board with multiple personalities.  LOL

So because you were In the military that means you get to lecture us all on freedom?

Sorry mate, that's not how it works . If you wanna believe Or not believe in God that's your business. But to force your beliefs on anyone else is wrong.

Not one time have I told anyone here they should be forced to believe in God. However you want to tell us all how stupid we all are because we believe. Maybe if you added something other than petty insults on a regular basis then you would be taken serious. Thing is you have some solid points on most topics and I enjoy your perspectives but your horrible personal skills turn most away. Thanks for your military service, appreciate you stepping up. But leave the petty nonsense on the side you don't need it, and it just weakens your positions. It's really a shame because you could really add a lot of great perspective if you just got out of your own way .
(10-13-2015, 11:47 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Wow well I guess you don't like feeling great.   But to each his own.

I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion.  But to be fair a lot of your conclusions seem misguided.  Smirk

I'm quite well.  In fact I've found that I am much more relaxed and happy with my current state than trying to force life into the box that was man-made religion.

But also thanks for proving my point (again) that you think I am wrong and so I should change while I think as long as you are happy its fine that you believe the way you do.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-13-2015, 11:55 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The government is in the business based upon the politician's individual faith.

Then we need less gov.  If your worried about religion influencing.   Just have less gov, problem solved.
(10-13-2015, 12:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion.  But to be fair a lot of your conclusions seem misguided.  Smirk

I'm quite well.  In fact I've found that I am much more relaxed and happy with my current state than trying to force life into the box that was man-made religion.

But also thanks for proving my point (again) that you think I am wrong and so I should change while I think as long as you are happy its fine that you believe the way you do.

Never said you were wrong or right. Right for me may be wrong for you. This is why I don't push God on anyone... Everyone comes to God when they are ready . It doesn't bother me how you believe at all. Your level of belief has no bearing on my salvation. I of course wish you well and hope you find God but that's your journey not mine.
(10-13-2015, 12:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So because you were In the military that means you get to lecture us all on freedom?    

Sorry mate, that's not how it works .  If you wanna believe Or not believe in God that's your business
.    But to force your beliefs on anyone else is wrong.  

Not one time have I told anyone here they should be forced to believe in God.    However you want to tell us all how stupid we all are because we believe.   Maybe if you added something other than petty insults on a regular basis then you would be taken serious.   Thing is you have some solid points on most topics and I enjoy your perspectives but your horrible personal skills turn most away.    Thanks for your military service, appreciate you stepping up.   But leave the petty nonsense on the side you don't need it, and it just weakens your positions.    It's really a shame because you could really add a lot of great perspective if you just got out of your own way .

Out of the mouths of babes . . .
(10-13-2015, 12:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Then we need less gov.  If your worried about religion influencing.   Just have less gov, problem solved.

We need less religion in politics.  I've seen less government.  You wouldn't last long.
(10-13-2015, 11:51 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Basically, the author is saying Christianity isn't compatible with "liberty and justice for all."

Well, certain denominations of Christianity. One of the many reasons I went towards the ELCA.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-13-2015, 12:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Out of the mouths of babes . . .

Please show where I have pushed my belief in God on you or anyone here.
(10-13-2015, 11:51 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He is with me everyday.

How terribly sad for him
(10-13-2015, 12:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Please show where I have pushed my belief in God on you or anyone here.

Your views on same sex marriage alone.