Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's not over
Chiefs just lost to the Raiders and we seem to play every good team good besides the ones in our Division.

We could beat the Chiefs and it wouldn't surprise me. Beating the Stains afterwards, now that might be too much, they always have our
number it seems. Even if they might be resting starters we could lose to them for all we know.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 06:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We beat KC and we put them on the brink of not making it, 9-8 there a various scenarios we don't make it not including raiders

We're not beating KC. 

Had the Chiefs won today all we would have needed to make the playoffs is a win over the Browns, two Steeler losses(probably will happen), 1 JAX loss(probably will happen), 1 Broncos loss(probably will happen).

The Chiefs ruined all of that for us today.  Thanks  a lot, Mahomes!!!
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 06:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Chiefs just lost to the Raiders and we seem to play every good team good besides the ones in our Division.

We could beat the Chiefs and it wouldn't surprise me. Beating the Stains afterwards, now that might be too much, they always have our
number it seems. Even if they might be resting starters we could lose to them for all we know.

It’s Dead Cat Bounce time; I believe we win out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 08:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s Dead Cat Bounce time; I believe we win out.
I agree.
We match up pretty well against KC (barring injuries), and I just don't see the Browns going full bore with little to gain in the final.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 08:59 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I agree.
We match up pretty well against KC (barring injuries), and I just don't see the Browns going full bore with little to gain in the final.

Depends on what happens tonight. If Baltimore loses, they could be playing for a division crown.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 08:59 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I agree.

They very well might though depending on tonight's game. Ravens lose tonight and they still could not only take the division but could still even get the #1 seed. Next week Browns play Jets and Ravens play Dolphins so they could very well be playing for everything week 18 against us.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 06:28 PM)Science Friction Wrote: We're not beating KC. 

Had the Chiefs won today all we would have needed to make the playoffs is a win over the Browns, two Steeler losses(probably will happen), 1 JAX loss(probably will happen), 1 Broncos loss(probably will happen).

The Chiefs ruined all of that for us today.  Thanks  a lot, Mahomes!!!

I don't think you can just chalk KC up as an automatic loss. 

The Bengals are 8-2 vs teams outside the North, and the Chiefs are only 5-6 vs teams that currently have at least 7 wins. 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 05:15 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Are you watching KC right now? They are playing worse so far than we did and we play much better outside the division so we can win it.

We’re the ultimate slump buster. KC isn’t going to lose again at home
Reply/Quote
^ yes we are lol

I assume we want the Rat Turds to win tonight?
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 11:05 PM)Whacked Wrote: ^ yes we are lol

I assume we want the Rat Turds to win tonight?

Ideally they win tonight and next week against Miami.  That gives them 13 wins and Cleveland can't catch them.  Cleveland would then likely be locked into the #5 seed with nothing to play for come week 18.  

Touchdown Ratbirds.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 11:09 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Ideally they win tonight and next week against Miami.  That gives them 13 wins and Cleveland can't catch them.  Cleveland would then likely be locked into the #5 seed with nothing to play for come week 18.  

Touchdown Ratbirds.

Makes sense.

Thank you
Reply/Quote
If the Raiders can win a divisional game in KC, then there is zero reason why we can't do the same damn thing.
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 10:23 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: We’re the ultimate slump buster. KC isn’t going to lose again at home

If we get Chase & CTB back we can absolutely beat them.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 11:33 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: If the Raiders can win a divisional game in KC, then there is zero reason why we can't do the same damn thing.

It’s often about WHEN you play a team

Has we played the Stoolers 1-2 weeks ago, I think the outcome would have been different.

We caught them at a bad time w their backs against the wall after 3 losses and that horrible city / culture has a ton of pride.

We may have gotten a similar benefit against the Chiefs today - catching them flat.

They will be fired up and wanting to secure the divisions and vie for a higher seed. We will get/see a better Chiefs team.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 11:38 PM)Whacked Wrote: It’s often about WHEN you play a team

Has we played the Stoolers 1-2 weeks ago, I think the outcome would have been different.

We caught them at a bad time w their backs against the wall after 3 losses and that horrible city / culture has a ton of pride.

We may have gotten a similar benefit against the Chiefs today - catching them flat.  

They will be fired up and wanting to secure the divisions and vie for a higher seed. We will get/see a better Chiefs team.

Ok, well we rolled up into Pittsburgh and looked like absolute crap. We expected Pittsburgh to just let us come in there and give it away and we never got off the bus.  We went away from the things we were doing with Jake against the Colts and Jags.  We started doing things with Jake like he was Burrow.  Noe to mention, Jake had a horriable game and he let it get to him and couldn't overcome his earlier mistakes.  When it mattered, we ran the ball less than 20 times.  Our DBs were not on the same page.  We only had 1 sack.  The only person who showed up was TEE, and he stepped up. 

I hope we learned our lesson and I think we'll have Chase and CTB back, b/c now one more loss then our season is over.  This team plays well when their backs are against the wall.  I just hope our coaches and staff look at what worked well for the Raiders, b/c the Chief are no where near the team they've been the past two years.
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 12:00 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Ok, well we rolled up into Pittsburgh and looked like absolute crap. We expected Pittsburgh to just let us come in there and give it away and we never got off the bus.  We went away from the things we were doing with Jake against the Colts and Jags.  We started doing things with Jake like he was Burrow.  Noe to mention, Jake had a horriable game and he let it get to him and couldn't overcome his earlier mistakes.  When it mattered, we ran the ball less than 20 times.  Our DBs were not on the same page.  We only had 1 sack.  The only person who showed up was TEE, and he stepped up. 

I hope we learned our lesson and I think we'll have Chase and CTB back, b/c now one more loss then our season is over.  This team plays well when their backs are against the wall.  I just hope our coaches and staff look at what worked well for the Raiders, b/c the Chief are no where near the team they've been the past two years.

All valid points too.

I’m hoping CTB is back as well.

& Dax and Awuzie need to get their heads out of their butts.

Good Lord our D was AWFUL.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 11:38 PM)Whacked Wrote: It’s often about WHEN you play a team

Our backs are against the wall as much as they are, so they will be getting a better Bengals team with your logic also.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 12:15 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Our backs are against the wall as much as they are, so they will be getting a better Bengals team with your logic also.

I sure hope so. Can’t get much worse. lol

If we had Burrow, I think he could overcome some of these woes on D, but when they stink it up this badly, good flippin grief - way too much pressure expectations-wise to put on Jake.

He will be going into a very similarly hostile environment …. and adding Mahomes and Kelce to the problem. Ugggg
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 12:31 AM)Whacked Wrote: I sure hope so. Can’t get much worse. lol

If we had Burrow, I think he could overcome some of these woes on D, but when they stink it up this badly, good flippin grief - way too much pressure expectations-wise to put on Jake.

He will be going into a very similarly hostile environment …. and adding Mahomes and Kelce to the problem. Ugggg

He has proven himself in 3 games,  so we know he has in him, be nice if Chase can go. KC also on short weekend, we have extra day.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 11:14 PM)Whacked Wrote: Makes sense.

Thank you

And even though it's coming at the benefit of the Ratbirds, there's something so satisfying about watching the Niners getting their asses absolutely handed to them.  Especially for us Bengals fans of a certain age who remember all too well Super Bowls XVI and XXIII.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote