Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's not over
(12-24-2023, 08:19 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: What's the simulators say with the new info ?

Oh let's not get into that 10 page argument again! lol. But yeah one simulator had us at 90% chance of making the playoffs if we beat both KC and CLE. I don't think the NFL gains much with the bengals who probably wouldn't win the superbowl in the playoffs without Burrow, though?

KC beating the brakes off us is more promotable, but they want that last CLE/CIN game to matter somehow, we lose that and the game probably means nothing. I see us/hope we beat KC somehow and that CLE game in CIN is up in the air, but if anyone is going to beat the brakes off us I think it'd be CLE because their defense is better than Pittsburgh's. Myles Garrett is their engine, when his shoulder was just hanging there for half the game they almost lost that one lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 08:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s Dead Cat Bounce time; I believe we win out.

Could definitely happen.

(12-25-2023, 08:59 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I agree.
We match up pretty well against KC (barring injuries), and I just don't see the Browns going full bore with little to gain in the final.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

True enough. If we get in anything can happen too, I just hope we don't get unlucky and have to play a team from our Division, but 
eventually we will have to have a gameplan to beat them who knows...

The Ratbirds beat down the 49ers last night maybe even worse than we did. The Lions are now looking like the best team in the NFC
and this just shown that the AFC us just much better than the NFC by a large margin IMO.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 03:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If we get in anything can happen too, I just hope we don't get unlucky and have to play a team from our Division,

Don't forget; it's really hard to beat the same team 3 times in a single season. ThumbsUp

lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 03:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Don't forget; it's really hard to beat the same team 3 times in a single season. ThumbsUp

lol

We somehow did that last season didn't we to the Ratbirds with the Hubbard yard dash?
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 12:57 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Can't believe the Pats are trying to give this away.

our defensive secondary is so horrible,this is not the same D from last year.We are not going to win any more games this season,the Browns have the best D in nfl and they will kill Jake the snake.Our d cannot stop anyone and with Reader out we are toast.Look for next year and I believe with Zac Taylor calling plays we are only going to win maybe 8 games next season,Remember all the other teams will get better too and the Ravens are build to win every year and they are very physical,which wins games and so are the steelers.We will NOT win the division unless they clean house and get studs in here across the board.Cincy has always been known as a finess teams and that will get you a lot of injuries.I see us struggling next year and Burrow will be hurt again, he is too fraile.IF he runs for 1st downs he will be in a hospital.OUr division is just too physical. my opinion of course,hope I am wrong.We need a lot of help
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 03:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We somehow did that last season didn't we to the Ratbirds with the Hubbard yard dash?

No, we were 1-1 in the regular season against Baltimore. However, if we had swept them, then that Hubbard yard dash probably doesn't happen. lol
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 03:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, we were 1-1 in the regular season against Baltimore. However, if we had swept them, then that Hubbard yard dash probably doesn't happen. lol

Cool thanks, but it is true, it is hard to beat a team 3 times in a row in a season.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 04:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool thanks, but it is true, it is hard to beat a team 3 times in a row in a season.

It’s hard to beat a team three times in a season, but if you beat a team twice, that doesn’t make beating them a third time more difficult because you hadn’t lost to them yet.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 12:01 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The hardest part is they have to beat the Chiefs and the Browns. I’m not seeing it. The Chiefs aren’t as dominant as they were, but they are way better than what I witnessed yesterday. This defense got mauled by a bad Pittsburgh offense.

I fully understand this line of thinking, but I will say we're 8-2 outside of the division.

The AFCN just seems to own the Bengals this year. I could see us beating KC. I'm more worried about Cleveland, even if they're hurt.

What a weird year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 07:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I fully understand this line of thinking, but I will say we're 8-2 outside of the division.

The AFCN just seems to own the Bengals this year. I could see us beating KC. I'm more worried about Cleveland, even if they're hurt.

What a weird year.

Exactly, weird year and this team beat some top teams this year when no one would of ever thought they would.

The 49ers game, the Jags game, the Bills and Colts games, the Rams and the Seahawks are actually pushing for Playoff spots etc.

And we have always played the Chiefs tough, and they don't look near as tough right now as when we have beat them before.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 07:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly, weird year and this team beat some top teams this year when no one would of ever thought they would.

The 49ers game, the Jags game, the Bills and Colts games, the Rams and the Seahawks are actually pushing for Playoff spots etc.

And we have always played the Chiefs tough, and they don't look near as tough right now as when we have beat them before.

The Bengals have had a brutal schedule overall. Toughest Strength of schedule in the league to date with games still upcoming with the Chiefs and Browns. They've done well considering the Burrow injuries and the schedule. If they'd been in a weaker division, we no doubt would be praising their season to date, with those victories you mentioned and likely good playoff position.
Reply/Quote
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 08:21 PM)Millhouse Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Regarding this season, I'm gong to follow the advice offered in your sig.  Well, maybe only until about 7:30 Sunday.  We'll see.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 07:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I fully understand this line of thinking, but I will say we're 8-2 outside of the division.

What a weird year.

Yes I’m done with this year. No healthy Burrow in all six games.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Yes, we looked bad Sunday, but there is a glimmer of hope, but starts with we have to beat KC and Browns.

To win out, we need a lot of guys to step up and Browns to rest some guys due to them having clinched the #5 spot even with a loss.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 01:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, we looked bad Sunday, but there is a glimmer of hope, but starts with we have to beat KC and Browns.

To win out, we need a lot of guys to step up and Browns to rest some guys due to them having clinched the #5 spot even with a loss.

Yea, it’s likely. 92% chance. Ideally the ravens would slip up against dolphins so they haven’t locked up the one seed as well and week 18 against Steelers matters.
Reply/Quote
I’m not really sure I understand why everyone is so enamored with the playoffs. We have no chance in hell of winning anything. I’d rather lose out, get season over with and start getting ready for the off season and draft.
Reply/Quote
Call me crazy with Chase returning and a accurate QB in Browning. We still have enough talent with out Burrow or Reader to win the Whole Freaking Thing
Reply/Quote
It's not over quite yet, but it does kind of feel like it is. Have to win out you feel, but I do also kinda feel like a 9-8 team will get in. The AFC just seems really really average across the board. Even at 9-8 though, chances are the tiebreakers would be against us.

The Chiefs are clearly not what they were... still a very tough game to win, but not a no-hoper. The Browns may have little to play for. It's not impossible, we'll see.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 01:36 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Call me crazy with Chase returning and a accurate QB in Browning. We still have enough talent with out Burrow or Reader to win the Whole Freaking Thing

Ok, you’re crazy. No way, I love your positivity, but browning makes way to many mistakes. He those 3 picks he tossed were absolutely awful. And our defense is just terrible. Our secondary will just get picked apart and I don’t think we can score enough to offset that
Reply/Quote