Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's official: Lou is our guy
I'm not going to freak out. Why? Because he hasn't coached a single down for the Bengals. We have ZERO idea how this will play out.
Reply/Quote
Oh well. Have to trust in Taylor at this point. Would have liked one of the bigger names but let's see what this guy brings. With all the new coaches, including Taylor, I will be hypervigilant during this up coming draft to see their collective judgment on drafting players to fit schemes.

I feel the draft can reveal a lot about the direction the team will head in this upcoming year since coaches have significant influence on players drafted.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:23 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Because most of us have no idea if this guy is a good coach or not, and we're just going to pretend that because we've never hear of him he must be bad?

You underestimate the posters here. I'm pretty sure everyone who isn't happy about this hire has gone over Anarumo's resume with a fine tooth comb. It isn't about "not recognizing a name". It's about the guy having a weak resume. 

No one can predict the future, but we also don't have to pretend to be excited about the hire when there's clearly not much to point to that would get someone excited. Loved the Taylor hire. Just not feeling this hire nearly as much. I hope it works out. Maybe it will. Nothing about his resume would indicate he's a great candidate, so we just have to hope we found a diamond in the rough.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Non plussed with this hire. I certainly hope it works out and if he is one of zac’s guys so be it.

I don’t know why they didn’t at least kick the tires on John Fox. He seemed to check a lot of boxes that jdr or capers did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I think this has more to do with why we settled on Capt. Lou than anything:

Quote:Taylor, who says under Anarumo the Bengals plan to continue to defend out of the 4-3, worked with him for four seasons in Miami and when Anarumo replaced Coyle four games into the 2015 season Taylor saw his challenge from the same prism. 

https://www.bengals.com/news/anarumo-a-perfect-messenger-for-bengals-d

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
He showed up for the interview. That was enough. Hopefully it works out.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You underestimate the posters here. I'm pretty sure everyone who isn't happy about this hire has gone over Anarumo's resume with a fine tooth comb. It isn't about "not recognizing a name". It's about the guy having a weak resume. 

No one can predict the future, but we also don't have to pretend to be excited about the hire when there's clearly not much to point to that would get someone excited.

I'm sure there are a handful of posters who may have looked into it, but "everyone" is definitely a stretch. And for those who looked into said resume... Did they look at the players he had at the time? The coaching philosophy of those higher up on the tree than him? His injury reports? How much freedom he had to coach the way he wanted to coach? His influence on scheming and playcalling? I'm guessing the people who took all of that into account in forming these opinions is even smaller.

And I'll freely admit to not knowing a thing about any of these... but that's my point! Most of us have no real clue at this point, so let's just hold off until at least training camp before condemning the hire.

I mean if people were expecting them to hire the reincarnated spirit of Bob Ryan or to actually call back JDR at this point, I don't know what to tell you, but who else were they going to hire that would be any better than this guy?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You underestimate the posters here. I'm pretty sure everyone who isn't happy about this hire has gone over Anarumo's resume with a fine tooth comb. It isn't about "not recognizing a name". It's about the guy having a weak resume. 

No one can predict the future, but we also don't have to pretend to be excited about the hire when there's clearly not much to point to that would get someone excited. Loved the Taylor hire. Just not feeling this hire nearly as much. I hope it works out. Maybe it will. Nothing about his resume would indicate he's a great candidate, so we just have to hope we found a diamond in the rough.

I'm willing to bet Colts fans were underwhelmed with DC Matt Eberflus when he was hired. Look how that turned out. We just have to wait and see what happens. It's ok to not be excited but there is no reason for anyone to actually be upset until we see the product on the field.
Reply/Quote
Paulie and Silv leaned on Taylor.

The Sopranos were in waste management and this hire is garbage..

Ipso facto...

Big fat F from me, dog.

And of course I’ll “give him a chance.” As if there’s a choice. Don’t think my 25 years of being a fan of this dumpster fire gives me the right to go in and cast a veto on Capt Lou Albano.

This is crap.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:38 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I'm sure there are a handful of posters who may have looked into it, but "everyone" is definitely a stretch. And for those who looked into said resume... Did they look at the players he had at the time? The coaching philosophy of those higher up on the tree than him? His injury reports? How much freedom he had to coach the way he wanted to coach? His influence on scheming and playcalling? I'm guessing the people who took all of that into account in forming these opinions is even smaller.

And I'll freely admit to not knowing a thing about any of these... but that's my point! Most of us have no real clue at this point, so let's just hold off until at least training camp before condemning the hire.

I mean if people were expecting them to hire the reincarnated spirit of Bob Ryan or to actually call back JDR at this point, I don't know what to tell you, but who else were they going to hire that would be any better than this guy?

“Let’s just want and see what happens, friends.”

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: I think this has more to do with why we settled on Capt. Lou than anything:

https://www.bengals.com/news/anarumo-a-perfect-messenger-for-bengals-d

Doesn't that seem like the right decision, though? Are we really going to criticize a team with a strong defensive line and a pitifully weak linebacking corp for not considering to switch to a 3-4?

Kind of feel like in today's game a lot of that's overrated anyways for as much nickel and dime teams have to play.
Reply/Quote
I am just happy we have a guy also not too freaked out because this Defense has a lot of Talent on it and started to play well at the end of the season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:39 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Paulie and Silv leaned on Taylor.

The Sopranos were in waste management and this hire is garbage..

Ipso facto...

Big fat F from me, dog.

And of course I’ll “give him a chance.” As if there’s a choice. Don’t think my 25 years of being a fan of this dumpster fire gives me the right to go in and cast a veto on Capt Lou Albano.

This is crap.

Seriously, though... who else were they going to hire?
Reply/Quote
Im not exactly going out and buying tickets any time soon due to the new coaching regime. Unfortunately I'm not excited by the moves so far, but at the same time I am not 'doom and gloom' about it all either, just in that gray area of "we'll see what happens". Then go from there.

ps. I was in the camp of moving on from Marvin for change, though wary that the front office will remain behind. Now that the change has come, I hope change for the sake of change will work.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:12 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Coming up in this thread: people who spent the last few weeks complaining about the Bengals not having a DC, complaining about the Bengals hiring a DC.

dude they were complaining about whoever we hired before we even interviewed them
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:41 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Doesn't that seem like the right decision, though? Are we really going to criticize a team with a strong defensive line and a pitifully weak linebacking corp for not considering to switch to a 3-4?

Kind of feel like in today's game a lot of that's overrated anyways for as much nickel and dime teams have to play.

Absolutely.  Like I said, it may have gotten him the job over other candidates that were interviewed, but we heard nothing else about.

I wasn't criticizing, merely throwing out an opinion on why he got the nod.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:42 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Seriously, though... who else were they going to hire?

This is exactly how he should be introduced at his PC. 

"Seriously, though...who else were we going to hire? Come on in, Capt. Lou.."

Reply/Quote

no reason to bash it either like most are until we see it isn't gonna work... and we know he has to retool that defense or the results wont change much reguardless of whos running the show.
Reply/Quote
Lots of us wanted a new coach who got to pick his own staff. The Bengals have done that.

Guys with big resumes can fail and guys who failed but get a second chance can be great.

They need two years before anyone draws conclusions.

The team has a better chance long term with the new coach and new assistants then where we were with Marvin and the same old stuff- essentially 3 wasted years following the 2015 melt down against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: no reason to bash it either like most are until we see it isn't gonna work... and we know he has to retool that defense or the results wont change much reguardless of whos running the show.

"Let's just wait and see what happens, friends."

No opinions. That's not why were here. Just enjoy the Bengal Machine in motion. 

Reply/Quote