Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's settled.
(03-04-2018, 12:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is my take as well. I could see them take a mid-round NT to compete but this team isn’t the kind of team to give up on a guy after just one season, especially when he’s only 22 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True but not sure Bengals want to roll with him exclusively per Billings being question mark still.

Had high hopes for him and still do, but he has been mediocre so far and was reported before injury that second string was pushing him around in practice. 

But coaches know more about him than me. So will trust them on if someone is needed because like you said he is still very young and came off an injury last year and may turn into a beast. Could flop as well, this year is pivotal for him and not sure but his contract may be coming up soon too.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Still want OL or LBer at 12 though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
There's still the trade down option as well. Hobson wrote "the pundits" don't think there is an OT value at 12, doesn't mean teams and scouts won't disagree. I think if McGlichey is a value at 15-20, there is no reason not to take him at 12 if you need an OT. Kiper has been moving Kolton Miller up in every one of his mocks and had us taking him in his latest. So, once again we all need to take what Hobson writes with a grain of salt.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 01:44 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: There's still the trade down option as well. Hobson wrote "the pundits" don't think there is an OT value at 12, doesn't mean teams and scouts won't disagree. I think if McGlichey is a value at 15-20, there is no reason not to take him at 12 if you need an OT. Kiper has been moving Kolton Miller up in every one of his mocks and had us taking him in his latest. So, once again we all need to take what Hobson writes with a grain of salt.

When Left Tackle is a glaring need that is killing your team, reaching 10 or even 15 spots to get one is reasonable IMO. Reaching into the next round is one thing, but reaching down a few spots to get help where you need it makes sense.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 04:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: When Left Tackle is a glaring need that is killing your team, reaching 10 or even 15 spots to get one is reasonable IMO. Reaching into the next round is one thing, but reaching down a few spots to get help where you need it makes sense.

I think that unless one of the LT's end up jumping up the board, they might look for one day two and take whoever is tops on their board at 12.  There aren't many positions not in play.  They won't want to blow another first rounder on a LT unless he seems pretty damn sure fire.  Their first round pick will be whoever is there that seems that most bust proof who isn't a QB.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Our OL is mainly responsible for back to back failure seasons.

There is an OT getting Whitworth comps.

I would say the only thing that is settled is Marvin likes big guys from big time programs with lots of experience. Mcglinchey checks all those boxes.

Im not willing to wait 3-4 games into the season after Ogbuehi shows he is who we thought he is and we start 0-4.

We need top notch competition now. If Ogbuehi shocks and becomes legit then good we have a good problem.

We cant let a first round bust cost us 3 seasons in a row
Reply/Quote
A certain "pundit" stated taking Levi Jones at 10 was a reach.

Joey Porter never got another sack against a Bengals LT.

So was it a reach?

No, because we got the value we needed out of the pick!
Reply/Quote
How about taking Shaquem Griffin at12.

https://youtu.be/R6XSAb4DKlE

Or just cut Pacman and draft this kid any round!!!Plz
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 08:13 PM)Emeritus Wrote: How about taking Shaquem Griffin at12.

https://youtu.be/R6XSAb4DKlE

Or just cut Pacman and draft this kid any round!!!Plz

They guy is an amazing athlete but he for sure isn't 1st round.  I'd like to see the Bengals draft him with their 5th round comp pick if he is still there.  I posted in another thread, I think his drive and attitude would be a positive in the locker room and I think he could be a good special teams player year one with the potential to go up from there.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 02:59 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Would he thought? What happens when he plays alongside Billings/ Glasgow and none  of them can get penetration in the running game? Or what happens when we play the Patriots in the AFC championship game and none of them can rush passer so they pass it 60 times and our D gets gassed. We need three down players.

Slow your roll compadre. The Bengals have to win a Playoff game at minimum before they ever play the Pats. Let’s start with getting out of the Wild Card Round.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Vea. No question. He's a monster and would be an instant upgrade at the FAT Tackle role.
Reply/Quote
Well I just read Vea had a hamstring injury today so he is checking all the right boxes for the Bengals 1st round pick.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be mad at either selection. Getting some more youth on the DL would be great, and it would be encouraging to see them grab a first round safety.

All that said, I still am pretty blown away that this team doesn't think linebacker is a viable option with the 12th pick. They all suck after Vontaze and there will probably be a player like Edmunds or Smith there for the taking. It's confusing.
Reply/Quote
C'mon. Some kicker will break the 40 record for kickers and the Bengals will select him in the first round.. See? A shiney new object to keep the natives happy.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 10:54 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Vea. No question. He's a monster and would be an instant upgrade at the FAT Tackle role.

Here's the thing though. Vea will be placed at NT if a Bengal. While some believe he can rush the passer, he's not as prolific of a pass rusher compared to a nickel DT or true 3T. The Bengals would very likely use him as 2-down player.

Worth spending #12 overall for a player that is, at most, only going to get 50% of snaps a game, especially knowing that Billings is also likely to see some snaps at NT?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
James just ran a 4.48

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 03:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: James just ran a 4.48

Rumors some teams considering him similar to Fitzpatrick in that they can play him at safety then walk him out as a CB in some sub packages. He is definitely a nice chess piece.
Reply/Quote
What did John Ross run his 40 yard dash at last year again? How is that working out?

The 12 pick needs to be OLine Nelson or McGlinchey, how does that not make sense?
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 02:00 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Because nose tackles only play 30% of the time. If you draft someone at 12 on a Defensive lineman it should be on a premier pass rusher. Sapp was a 3 Technique.

If our first round pick played 30% of game that would be a massive improvement over the last few first round picks.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:05 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote:  Well I just read Vea had a hamstring injury today so he is checking all the right boxes for the Bengals 1st round pick.

:andy:
Reply/Quote