Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's settled.
(03-04-2018, 01:44 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: There's still the trade down option as well. Hobson wrote "the pundits" don't think there is an OT value at 12, doesn't mean teams and scouts won't disagree. I think if McGlichey is a value at 15-20, there is no reason not to take him at 12 if you need an OT. Kiper has been moving Kolton Miller up in every one of his mocks and had us taking him in his latest. So, once again we all need to take what Hobson writes with a grain of salt.

it's just smoke.....

this "no worthy O-line pick at 12 story....
I bought it at first......
but after thinking about it...... i'm not buying it.....
I bet it will be an OT at 12....
Miller or McGlinchey.....
it makes perfect sense......logical......
the "smart" move.......

i'll be very happy about it too.... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 09:16 PM)Steve Wrote: it's just smoke.....

this "no worthy O-line pick at 12 story....
I bought it at first......
but after thinking about it...... i'm not buying it.....
I bet it will be an OT at 12....
Miller or McGlinchey.....
it makes perfect sense......logical......
the "smart" move.......

i'll be very happy about it too.... ThumbsUp

That’s where my thinking has been since the combine ended. Just take one of those two tackles at 12, unless there’s a good trade offer or Nelson somehow drops to 12.
Reply/Quote
I'm still thinking we will trade back a few spots and pick up a 3rd. Someone like Buffalo or Arizona will want to move up to get a QB who has fallen, and with the 12th pick we can afford to drop back to say 15/16. I'm thinking we could go:

1) Kolten Miller or Mike McGlinchy -OT's (1)

2) James Daniels-C , Isaiah Wynn-C/G , Hayden Hurst TE, Malik Jefferson LB (1)

3) Frank Ragnow -C, Mason Rudolph-QB, Jacoby Jones-OT (3) I think all 3 could be there in the 3rd for us!
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 12:34 AM)jj22 Wrote: With no OT worthy of the 12th pick. Word out the combine it's down to Vita Vea or Derwin James if they stay at 12.

Who's your pick?

Vea.  Position grouping be damned.  There are always safeties that come out with incredible numbers and great potential, but even if that player becomes a great NFL talent, the Bengals would waste it by having him play off coverage. 

Vea would be a three-down difference maker.  Geno is coming in to his twilight and could really shine with a guy like Vea next to him.  Ditto the other young pass rushers and the yet-to-be-named LB that will play nickel next to Burfict.  I do hope they draft a LB early as well, but maybe it will be Evans.  Regardless, they would all benefit from Vea.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 12:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If we drafted Vea, wouldn't we be drafting a player to take Billing's spot? I thought that's why we drafted Billings??? (although he has been a huge disappointment, but coming back from knee injury is a legit excuse)

Billings was a fourth round pick that has had little to no impact.  Glasgow showed a little and played significant snaps as a rookie.  The defense needs more talent and depth across the line.  Vea could be the BPA and if he is there, he immediately helps our rush defense and can penetrate a lot better than people are giving credit for.  He can push the pocket right back in to the QBs lap.  

I hear ya on Billings knee injury, and he is still a very young player, but this will be his third year and he couldn't even get on the field last year over Glasgow in many games.  

Vea could give this line a real boost.  
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 01:44 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: There's still the trade down option as well. Hobson wrote "the pundits" don't think there is an OT value at 12, doesn't mean teams and scouts won't disagree. I think if McGlichey is a value at 15-20, there is no reason not to take him at 12 if you need an OT. Kiper has been moving Kolton Miller up in every one of his mocks and had us taking him in his latest. So, once again we all need to take what Hobson writes with a grain of salt.

Smokescreen.  If McGlinchy is there at #12, I think they take him...no doubt.  
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 07:03 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Our OL is mainly responsible for back to back failure seasons.

There is an OT getting Whitworth comps.

I would say the only thing that is settled is Marvin likes big guys from big time programs with lots of experience. Mcglinchey checks all those boxes.

Im not willing to wait 3-4 games into the season after Ogbuehi shows he is who we thought he is and we start 0-4.

We need top notch competition now. If Ogbuehi shocks and becomes legit then good we have a good problem.

We cant let a first round bust cost us 3 seasons in a row

This won't happen, but suppose it did....Marv and co would be ecstatic at the prospect of a possible compensatory pick  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 08:13 PM)Emeritus Wrote: How about taking Shaquem Griffin at12.

https://youtu.be/R6XSAb4DKlE

Or just cut Pacman and draft this kid any round!!!Plz

I absolutely love this kid, but I wouldn't take him before the third round.  At our first pick in Rd 3, I would jump all over this guy.  He can cover like a safety but tackles like a LB, even with one hand.  I watched him at UCF and the dude jumped off the screen.  Absolutely amazing player.  The fact that his twin, who is 20 lbs lighter, had a 60 tackle, 15 PBU rookie season in Seattle as a safety also bodes well.

Love this guy, but not at #12 overall.  
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 06:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, if we don't sign Chris Baker i really want Vea or Trumaine Edmunds at 12. After watching film of Vea he reminds me of a
more explosive Haloti Ngata, what Bengal fan would not want that here? Edmunds reminds me of a bigger Shazier that takes
better angles, i think this guy will be a star in the NFL and would be great insurance in case Burfict is out of the league or gets
suspended, or gets more concussions.

Crazy. Also heard he grew up playing Rugby.

He actually played more tennis than anything and that is where he attributes his agility and quickness came from.  Can you imagine a 350lb tennis player?  Dent the damn court!
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 11:59 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We need athleticism on defense not another big body. Everything I have heard about him is he is a nose we don't need that. What we need is a 3t that can fill Genos role when he is on the bench.
He played 1-5 tech in college in a 3-4. Played nt, both de spots in the 3-4, and even played the joker as well as dropped into coverage. He can be whatever u want him to be. Fast as hell. Can play 1-5 tech.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 10:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Billings was a fourth round pick that has had little to no impact.  Glasgow showed a little and played significant snaps as a rookie.  The defense needs more talent and depth across the line.  Vea could be the BPA and if he is there, he immediately helps our rush defense and can penetrate a lot better than people are giving credit for.  He can push the pocket right back in to the QBs lap.  

I hear ya on Billings knee injury, and he is still a very young player, but this will be his third year and he couldn't even get on the field last year over Glasgow in many games.  

Vea could give this line a real boost.  

Sadly, I think the Baker signing pretty much closed the door on Vea. I think it would be a mistake to pass on him. I know they'll probably take McGlinchey, and they probably should. I just see Vea as being something special. And, as you said, next to Geno?!!! And Lawson?  That would be nasty.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
lol I dont give a shit, im still taking McGlinchey if hes there. He's a sure thing.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote