Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time we moved on from Hill
(08-24-2016, 11:05 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I think i've seen enough of this guy to not trust him.

We'd roll with Burkhead and Bernard in two RB shotgun sets and be just as potent as before.

There's been a stench on Hill since that playoff fumble. If you don't know to not fight for the first down in that situation, when will you?

Not to mention the streaks of unprofessionalism we've seen from Hill (looking at you Arizona).

Then again, it could be possible that he's taken the more stoic approach that the Bengals prefers to heart. But even then, I don't think our O-Line compliments what he can bring as a RB to this team. Burkhead is better suited for that.

You see how Hill scored in the preseason, didn't spike it, dance, or even celebrate, and just ran back to the sideline?  It's because he knows he screwed up and he's ashamed, which means he's just going to go balls-out, be a top back in the league, and carry us to a playoff victory.

In conclusion............

[Image: BooThisMan.gif]
Reply/Quote
I took Jeremy in the 5th round of both of my fantasy leagues this season.

Have ye faith.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Rex Burkead?  Really?  Facepalm

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not a supporter of the original comment - but on a side note, I'd love to see Tra Carson play with the first team and see what that looks like. In his limited pre-season playing time, dude looks like a pounder!
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:05 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I think i've seen enough of this guy to not trust him.

We'd roll with Burkhead and Bernard in two RB shotgun sets and be just as potent as before.

There's been a stench on Hill since that playoff fumble. If you don't know to not fight for the first down in that situation, when will you?

Not to mention the streaks of unprofessionalism we've seen from Hill (looking at you Arizona).

Then again, it could be possible that he's taken the more stoic approach that the Bengals prefers to heart. But even then, I don't think our O-Line compliments what he can bring as a RB to this team. Burkhead is better suited for that.

I think I've seen enough of the OP's post to not trust him. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:35 PM)Gohards Wrote: I dont know what it is, but whenever i see a white runningback i just shake my head. I just cant remember any great white runningbacks.

The "A Train" say you can't remember crap.....

[Image: 6-mike-alstott-rb_pg_600.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I wish Hill would watch Alstott's film. No dancing at the line waiting for a hole, just up the gut power.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EytotoBy4Zg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HwfCMGIe0M
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 08:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I wish Hill would watch Alstott's film. No dancing at the line waiting for a hole, just up the gut power.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EytotoBy4Zg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HwfCMGIe0M

I agree with less dancing but I'd say the problem with that is hill is our power back but he is in no way the same kind of power back that alstott was. Jeremy has a much wider skill set than alstott ever thought of having. Alstott was good at what he did, being a hammerhead. 

Patience is a virtue especially at the RB position.you have to wait for things to develop in front of you, but it's definitely a fine line.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:35 PM)Gohards Wrote: I dont know what it is, but whenever i see a white runningback i just shake my head. I just cant remember any great white runningbacks.

Larry Csonka, John Riggins, Paul Hourning, Jim Taylor, Mike Alstot, Rocky Bleier
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 12:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Then lets bring back our center from '14 when Hill rushed for 1100 yards and averaged over 5 yards per carry.

Exactly, Bodine appeared as if he could only improve to be our rock at C, for the next 10 years.  What do you speculate to be the source of his failure to develop, the coaching, or his ability to put their teachings into practice?  Do you think maybe that since there is a fair amount of film on him, that opposing DLmen have just "figured him out", or do you think maybe his non verbal cues give the play away?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
don't feed this guy attention for bad ideas.
Reply/Quote
Agreed!

I say we trade him for a towel boy, fresh jock straps and a pack of bubble gum.

Good joke thread! LOL
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 08:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The "A Train" say you can't remember crap.....

[Image: 6-mike-alstott-rb_pg_600.jpg]

\

AS does The Diesel.....

[Image: ape-riggins-vsmia-mvp-8x10.jpg]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I see surprising threads often enough, but this one is up around some of those trade threads where we get a mint for McCarron and who needs a decent backup QB anyways?

Why would we cut loose our best RB?

Every player makes mistakes, but the ones you have to look out for are those who don't learn from them. Hill doesn't appear to be that kind of guy.

Let's just look at this from distance for a minute.

1. Hill leads the league in rushing TDs over the two seasons he's been in the league. Some will credit everyone else except Hill for this, but if that were the case Bernard would be leading the league and he hasn't come close even once in the 3 years he's been here.
2. Hill is a good inside power runner. Yes, he had a down year last year, but his rookie year showed that he can do it and do it well. I don't see any reason he can't do it again.
3. He doesn't have an attitude problem, he hasn't been getting into trouble. No suspensions for failing or missing drug tests. When you see frustration on his face it's about his play, not his team mates. That's a good sign. When a player's play is down and he's frustrated with his team mates, well that's a whole other issue that is a problem and we aren't seeing that out of Hill at all. At least not that I've seen.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 11:29 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: He's sat behind others and became a much bigger contributer than others in similar depth spots. Aside fromthe Seahawks fumble (which was Eric Winston's fault for letting Bennet get to him unscathed.)

He hasn't shined bright because he's never had a chance to. Give him a shot by moving him up. He strikes me as one of those guys that the Patriots could make into gold with Brady. We could do the same with Dalton.

Rex is a great role player on second or third and long, and can even line up as slot WR.  However, he is not the between the tackles RB needed to be on the field for an entire drive.  

You may just be fishing for insults to Hill, but you won't find any from me.  Yes, he had a down second season.  Yes, he had the worst fumble in franchise history.....but he stood up, owned up, and seems to have a very serious attitude toward this season.  I hate to put so much on one player, but the Bengals making a potential Super Bowl run will depend a great deal on the success of this team's running game...and he is a huge part of that. 
Reply/Quote

[Image: 200_s.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 09:36 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Larry Csonka, John Riggins, Paul Hourning, Jim Taylor, Mike Alstot, Rocky Bleier

Other than Alstot, none of these players have played in over 25 years.
The game has changed pretty drastically since most of the above players were in the league. We could not claim any of those players would be great in today's NFL.

And was Alstot really THAT great in the NFL? He never exceeded 1000 rushing yards in a season and has less than a career 4.0 YPC.
He was good, but not great.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Wow ! Had no idea Burkead was this good. Thanks for the enlightenment.

So now that I know this here is my idea.

Trade Burkhead immediately while his stock is still high and move Carson into his vacated spot.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
This thread is going to be a fun read after we win the SB.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 11:40 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Other than Alstot, none of these players have played in over 25 years.
The game has changed pretty drastically since most of the above players were in the league. We could not claim any of those players would be great in today's NFL.

And was Alstot really THAT great in the NFL? He never exceeded 1000 rushing yards in a season and has less than a career 4.0 YPC.
He was good, but not great.

Will agree that Alstot and Bleier were not great but were very solid players and a blast to watch. 

and who knows maybe it was the Hogs that made Riggins great. Really liked all listed though. 

But lay the hell off  my Louisville Flaget HS legend Paul Hornung who played RB, QB, and Kicker.  

Learned to love "chili cheeseburgers" and grilled "cheeses with bacon" at his wifes bar in the late 70's. This alone exudes the fragrance of greatness.

Just don't even go there ! ........lol

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote