Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time we moved on from this team
(03-09-2017, 11:10 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Sadly I'm only 25 so I'll be here watching us fail for probably another 40+ years it'll it end up being what kills me in the end

You might want to check with the CDC to see if rooting  for the wrong team is a life threatening illness. I could be wrong, but I don't think it is unless you're in the wrong parking lot with the wrong jersey on while everyone is violently drunk. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:07 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: One day, Mike Brown will drop dead.  Sadly, a lot of fans will throw a party.  I will probably be one of them.....

I don't go to the games, I don't buy any merchandise other than a new hat here and there.  I just watch and cry

I'll bring the beer and smoke a brisket.....where we partying?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:14 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'll bring the beer and smoke a brisket.....where we partying?

I don't want the man to die I just want him to piss off but that is not going to happen.

Party at my place I reckon lol.  Prick will probably out live me though and im only 41
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:17 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I don't want the man to die I just want him to piss off but that is not going to happen.

Party at my place I reckon lol.  Prick will probably out live me though and im only 41

Hey.....at least we're in it together....I hit 41 next week.

Reply/Quote
I will never stop being a Bengals fan. I just don't give them money.

It's like a family member on crack. You love them but don't give them any money
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:23 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I will never stop being a Bengals fan.  I just don't give them money.

It's like a family member on crack.  You love them but don't give them any money

I admit, I'm a huge enabler.  I still give them money and they continue to go out, do some pretty stupid s*it in public, then come right back and ask for more money.  

I'm weak.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:23 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I will never stop being a Bengals fan.  I just don't give them money.

It's like a family member on crack.  You love them but don't give them any money

Good simile.....I don't give them anymore coin either.  I quit that after the staff wasn't canned after the playoff debacle.

Reply/Quote
If fans stayed home for one season, things would change quick
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:35 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I can't another rebuild. I can't.

When was the last rebuild?
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:32 AM)Beaker Wrote: When was the last rebuild?

1991-2004
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:33 AM)JumboTron Wrote: 1991-2004

12 yrs ago, with just completing a run of 5 consecutive playoff appearances? Oh the humanity of the level of suffering we have endured lately.
Reply/Quote
Instead of leaving, perhaps just offer to work overtime on Sunday's during the NFL season. Can make $$$ come home, see the team lost and have no real emotional stress from watching giggles **** up all game long, and Mike Brown sit in a private luxury box looking completely disinterested in anything that is happening on the field.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:36 AM)Beaker Wrote: 12 yrs ago, with just completing a run of 5 consecutive playoff appearances? Oh the humanity of the level of suffering we have endured lately.

Dude playoff appearances are not much to brag about.

Good lord, talk about setting your standards low.  Yeah, it's not as bad as the 90's but 2005 was a damn long time ago.  This franchise has not taken one step further since Palmer went down against Pittsburgh.

Enough with the excuses
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:40 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Dude playoff appearances are not much to brag about.

Bragging, and pointing out that playing well enough to make them is better than playing poorly enough to not make them are two different things.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:45 AM)Beaker Wrote: Bragging, and pointing out that playing well enough to make them is better than playing poorly enough to not make them are two different things.

Yeah sure I am happy they made the playoffs but you gotta win something eventually
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:35 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I can't another rebuild. I can't.

I can't take the "jerry jones makes more money than me" rationale  the bengals has for not "keeping their own"

Whitworth was our rock. But it turns out he was just another Nately "diva".

Screw this. My girlfriend is a boys fan. I'm out.

Quitter. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:33 AM)JumboTron Wrote: 1991-2004

Actually.......we were VERY fortunate to catch lightning in a bottle with Dalton and Green....or post 2010 could have been quite ugly with Bruce Gradkowski at the helm.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:48 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Yeah sure I am happy they made the playoffs but you gotta win something eventually

You would think.

But saying you can't take another rebuild and that youre out....when the last one was 12 years ago is hilarious.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: Actually.......we were VERY fortunate to catch lightning in a bottle with Dalton and Green....or post 2010 could have been quite ugly with Bruce Gradkowski at the helm.

Man, it could've been Gradkowsi and LeFevour inside that QB room.  

The universe itself may have ripped at the seams, much like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters.
Reply/Quote
Hate to say it but when Mike Brown retires or dies I'm afraid that Katie will most likely move the Bengals to Vegas or somewhere other than Cincinnati and win a Super Bowl or three once moved. As for Cincinnati, we will be left with an empty stadium and no chance of an expansion...ever.

Once the Bengals leave, the Reds will be next and this city will die.
Reply/Quote