Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time we moved on from this team
(03-10-2017, 12:58 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Hate to say it but when Mike Brown retires or dies I'm afraid that Katie will most likely move the Bengals to Vegas or somewhere other than Cincinnati and win a Super Bowl or three once moved. As for Cincinnati, we will be left with an empty stadium and no chance of an expansion...ever.

Once the Bengals leave, the Reds will be next and this city will die.

Vegas will have the raiders.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown has a healthier heart than anyone on the planet.

The tears of Bengals fans are apparently the youth fountain.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:03 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Mike Brown has a healthier heart than anyone on the planet.

The tears of Bengals fans are apparently the youth fountain.

Hilarious Hilarious

I needed that laugh on this otherwise craptastic day.... cheers.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If you actually follow through, good for you. It's probably the smart move, as this franchise has provided a mountain of evidence that championship football will likely never be in the cards.

Exactly, quite frankly as much as this team drives me crazy you are passionate about what you are passionate about. There are other teams I like but could give a shit if they win or not, and its not the same as when you are watching a Bengals game.

Im sure everyone here at one time or another has said, "Im done with this team and their BS decision making" only to continue to follow them. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 01:20 AM)GodFather Wrote: Exactly, quite frankly as much as this team drives me crazy you are passionate about what you are passionate about. There are other teams I like but could give a shit if they win or not, and its not the same as when you are watching a Bengals game.

Im sure everyone here at one time or another has said, "Im done with this team and their BS decision making" only to continue to follow them. 

Every time I say I am "done with this team" what that really means is, I'm going to go get done with a bottle of scotch, cuss a lot and then watch the following weeks game in the hopes of not being kicked in the nuts again by them.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:51 AM)Beaker Wrote: You would think.

But saying you can't take another rebuild and that youre out....when the last one was 12 years ago is hilarious.

I agree.   Rock On
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to wish the Bengals went to Baltimore instead of the Browns. We might actually have a couple championships by now...

Just saying
Reply/Quote
I tried in 08 couldn't do it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:58 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Hate to say it but when Mike Brown retires or dies I'm afraid that Katie will most likely move the Bengals to Vegas or somewhere other than Cincinnati and win a Super Bowl or three once moved. As for Cincinnati, we will be left with an empty stadium and no chance of an expansion...ever.

Lol the latter would never happen. People really need to calm down.  

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If you actually follow through, good for you. It's probably the smart move, as this franchise has provided a mountain of evidence that championship football will likely never be in the cards.

I'm not leaving as a fan, and I'll be on these boards, but I'm taking a step back and I'm thinking of choosing a backup team that is actually trying to win so I have something to root for this year.  Also going to try to care about baseball and college football.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 08:08 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm not leaving as a fan, and I'll be on these boards, but I'm taking a step back and I'm thinking of choosing a backup team that is actually trying to win so I have something to root for this year.  Also going to try to care about baseball and college football.

Hell Bonnie.....cheer up.  We have the Seminoles.  They're how I keep sane during football season. LOL

In all reality.....no one is at the cliff.  This place is somewhere us Bengals fans can come to and vent.  It's like group therapy.  Lord knows after 26 years of this shit....we need it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 08:49 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hell Bonnie.....cheer up.  We have the Seminoles.  They're how I keep sane during football season. LOL

In all reality.....no one is at the cliff.  This place is somewhere us Bengals fans can come to and vent.  It's like group therapy.  Lord knows after 26 years of this shit....we need it.

I'm an FSU alum and I do root for the Seminoles but I've never been a huge college football fan.  I'm going to try to get into it more.  I also kind of pull for Clemson now because my niece, who was on the Cincinnati Junior Rowing Club, got a scholarship to Clemson last year and is on their rowing team.  

With Hobson saying there will be no unrestricted free agent signings so they don't endanger their precious comp picks, our losses on the O line, and the stats Ken Broo put up on Twitter. (Dalton sacked 41 times last year, and Whit and Zeitler combined only gave up 1), there is nothing good going to happen with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 08:54 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm an FSU alum and I do root for the Seminoles but I've never been a huge college football fan.  I'm going to try to get into it more.  I also kind of pull for Clemson now because my niece, who was on the Cincinnati Junior Rowing Club, got a scholarship to Clemson last year and is on their rowing team.  

With Hobson saying there will be no unrestricted free agent signings so they don't endanger their precious comp picks, our losses on the O line, and the stats Ken Broo put up on Twitter. (Dalton sacked 41 times last year, and Whit and Zeitler combined only gave up 1), there is nothing good going to happen with the Bengals.

That's right.

Scary thought.....the Seminoles have won three national championships since the Bengals last won a playoff game.....and they were once homecoming fodder for good teams until the early 80s.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It's time AJ Green leave us. Sad
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 08:49 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hell Bonnie.....cheer up.  We have the Seminoles.  They're how I keep sane during football season. LOL

I will say that college football has really helped me with the Bengals being so stagnant.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Please just sell the team Mike.

That or at least let your daughter take over, NOW
Reply/Quote
I'll still follow, cheer, and criticize the team. It's MY team. If I stopped cheering for then I would have to stop watching pro football. Nothing worse than a fan thatll bounce from team to team. I take that back, it could be worse, they could be brownies, ravens, or even worse, Steeler fans
Reply/Quote

Honestly at this point I wouldn't even care. That's the only way I'd root for another team, if it was us and we moved. Would actually be excitied . Would suck we wouldn't have a team in Cincinnati, but when is it enough 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 05:15 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Please just sell the team Mike.

That or at least let your daughter take over, NOW

I think the Brown family should definitely sell the team if they can't afford to run it like a real NFL franchise.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:19 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's time AJ Green leave us. Sad

Being paid millions to play a game I very rarely feel bad for a pro athlete. That being said I really do feel for AJ. The guy has been a model player/citizen/ overall good human being. To see him waste his career here sucks. Really think the guy has everything it takes to get to the hall of fame, but sadly, the team he is on, it'll never happen. Unless he wises up, leaves after his contract , go to a contender and win a ring , he'll just be another guy that only bengal fans remember . It's a shame to. The kid is special 
Reply/Quote