Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It sounds like Zampese is out...
Me right now...

Later Ken!
[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: You don't want someone from completely outside the team at this point. The issue is install of a whole new offense would take too long. We need someone who knows the offense and can do a better job of scheming around personnel and building a game plan. I don't think the plays are broke I think the play calling more than anything is broke. I would see what James Urban's capacity to call plays is.

Are the plays really any different from team to team? It's mainly terminology and calling the correct plays with the correct personnel, right (like not running Gio up the middle, for example)?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd go Bill Lazor. He did good with Tannehill.
Reply/Quote
They are going to give the OC job to Katie's son.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wow! Didn't think this would happen. !!
Reply/Quote
what about the OL??? Excited
Reply/Quote
Marvin next
Reply/Quote
Now dare we hope they do completely outside the organization? Unlikely but one can hope.

Also, really give us hope and fire Paul Alexander next!
Reply/Quote
NFL.com is reporting he was fired.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: Now dare we hope they do completely outside the organization? Unlikely but one can hope.

They didn't but I don't think going outside mid season is a good idea. Can't do a complete offensive install in 9 days.
Reply/Quote
Send Paul Alexander packing too!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd go Bill Lazor. He did good with Tannehill.

He got fired in less than 2 seasons.  And while it might be as a result of Zampese's play calling Andy hasn't looked even good and AJ had an awful preseason

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:28 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: what about the OL???   Excited

Proper Play Calling to use the OLs strengths and hide their weaknesses can definitely help.

We probly aren't gonna find anyone to plug and play into the OL right this second that would be an improvement.   (unless we work a trade to Houston for their LT on a holdout)
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: From the Lewis presser today, it sounds like Zampese is out:

Marvin Lewis on potential staff changes: "We have to get better, but I'm never going to come in here an tell you anything we're gonna do."

Lewis on Zampese: "Worked incredibly hard at this. Had a good command of the things we’ve done but we are not getting the results we need."

Good call, rep to you sir
Reply/Quote
Holy shit they actually fired somebody!!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: Now dare we hope they do completely outside the organization? Unlikely but one can hope.

As if.. the Zampese firing was just so we'd drop our guard for a nice kick to the nuts that was following.

Bill Lazor, who's NOT done a good job with Dalton the last season+, and was fired as Dolphins OC before that for being terrible at that too.

If they were determined to go lazy inside choice, they should have at least gone James Urban.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

They had to do something, I am amazed they actually did something.
Reply/Quote
Fact They made a change is a positive sign... Why this change didn't happen in the offseason idk. I guessing giving him a chance to show he can do it.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Are the plays really any different from team to team? It's mainly terminology and calling the correct plays with the correct personnel, right (like not running Gio up the middle, for example)?

Na, plays are different. They use similar concepts within them but formations and spacing can be a lot different. Also can be differences in blocking philosophy and general progression concepts. A lot of things can look similar but they can be approached differently, it wouldn't be impossible to do but again as I said I think the play calling was more of an issue than the plays.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:28 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Wow!  Didn't think this would happen. !!

+100. NEVER thought MB would make such a, for him, BOLD MOVE!!!  Needed to happen and glad it did.
Reply/Quote