Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It sounds like Zampese is out...
(09-15-2017, 03:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Marvin is a defensive coach. I doubt he ever called offensive plays.

He might have taken over playcalling from Bresnehan.

Maybe that's what i was thinking of
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Are the plays really any different from team to team? It's mainly terminology and calling the correct plays with the correct personnel, right (like not running Gio up the middle, for example)?

Schemes, game plan, getting the ball to your best players, timing of play calls, etc. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Well, they do have a long week to sort this out before their next game
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What great, unexpected news. I did not see this coming. This is very unlike the Bengals. Season renewed hope?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:30 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Pfft. Bunch of coach speak for **** all as far as change.

Hot sauce, please. Gotta eat this crow right quick.
Reply/Quote
Promoted from inside again...how about we actually look outside the building and shake this team up?
Reply/Quote
Well if nothing else, it sends a message throughout the team that this level of piss-poor play can not be the standard. I hope whoever steps in can also teach Dalton to quit missing wide-open receivers.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:36 PM)Brimey Wrote: Promoted from inside again...how about we actually look outside the building and shake this team up?

You can do that in the offseason. Not midseason.
Reply/Quote
Will Lazor be an improvement? I'm glad Zamp is gone but how much will change? I'm hoping that Lazor can at least call plays to the offense's strengths and mask the line's weaknesses.
Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_o3ux1w3iml1ugtiedo1_250.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Shame they didn't promote Urban, but I suppose they wanted someone with OC experience.

I'm actually quite amazed that they fired Zampese two games into the season. We asked for a statement and we got one.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Second move.. Pick a Running back and make them the starter.

Mixon or Hill ... 3rd down back Gio..

As many people have said and even the announcers were talking about it.. Keep it consistent so the runner can keep up their confidence and get into a rhythm
Reply/Quote
Bill Lazor's 2015 Dolphins Offense: 26th overall, 27th scoring. (He was fired Nov 30th)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well its a perfect example of Marvin Benefiting from what Cris Carter said best...
"You gotzda have a fall guy in your crew"...

Marvin shoulda have been the first coach to go... No ifs, And's, or buts...
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:39 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Second move.. Pick a Running back and make them the starter.

Mixon or Hill ... 3rd down back Gio..

As many people have said and even the announcers were talking about it.. Keep it consistent so the runner can keep up their confidence and get into a rhythm

Agreed, and then make a move asap to find a backup tackle out there that could come in and start. There has to be at least one that can do so and we got ammo to trade for him.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
HELL YES
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:41 PM)Spider Wrote: Well its a perfect example of Marvin Benefiting from what Cris Carter said best...
"You gotzda have a fall guy in your crew"...

Marvin shoulda have been the first coach to go... No ifs, And's, or buts...

Precisely
Reply/Quote
Well, someone had to go. The bengals were/are on the verge of losing the locker room.

Bengals need to forget about eifert extension, go sign Albert and mangold to replace bodine and ogbuhei and prepare for the packers. They have 9 days and they honestly can't be worse.

I hate to see anyone get fired, but I wish him best of luck on his future endeavors.
Reply/Quote
Dude was bad but hey, his O-line coach and HC didn't help him out much either..
Reply/Quote
I am so happy!!! I haven't been this happy in a long time.
Reply/Quote