Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It sounds like Zampese is out...
While I've been highly critical of KZ, it's really not his fault for simply taking a promotion.  The fault lies in promoting a guy that had no business being in that position in the first place.  I hate to see a guy lose a job, but he was very bad at his.

Best wishes to him going forward.....on to Green Bay.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Putting lipstick on a pig at this point
Reply/Quote
Pissed
I think this team needs a total fire sale! Not a Band-Aid approach ! Some of the coaches were getting complacent in their jobs and it's time for an entire change in the organization! Just my personal opinion!
Reply/Quote
Wow..I bet Hobson just can't pound out the long list of Zamp's accomplishments as OC fast enough now..

"Today in Bengals history one of the great offensive minds was let go despite the offensive juggernaut display of the past 5 days...."  

Kind of makes you wonder if other heads may roll or is this the beginning of the end of coaching replacements.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Great hypothetical scenario....
Reply/Quote
It will be interesting to see if a new OC improves things. Was it the playcalling or personnel? We'll get to see.
Reply/Quote
Lapp talking about him on 1530

http://espn1530.iheart.com/
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Maybe this is a sign of things to come? New OC, but if we continue to lose the next few games, maybe Marvin gets canned?

One can hope, no?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:56 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: Good News..... Yet Marv somehow survives again ?

Marv is the one who fired Zampese 
Reply/Quote
1st time in 50 years they have fired a coordinator during season without firing head coach.

Reply/Quote
They finally made it official on the site. I wonder who's the next QB coach.. Too bad they don't pry KA out of retirement.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Well he has 9 days to create at least a functioning offense.

As was apparent Thursday, the OL is a MAJOR problem but scheme was also a problem. They attacked the seams only twice in the entire game and by some strange coincidence they were both big plays. Also like week one absolutely nothing was done to help players succeed and they were basically set up to fail.

The most damning indictment. Hue had this very same group playing at a high level.
Reply/Quote
Folks will like to hear this:

Jim Owczarski‏Verified account @JimOwczarski 13s14 seconds ago

Lazor says he's about getting Andy Dalton in rhythm & the running backs in rhythm.

Reply/Quote
Now when can Marvin really nut up and fire Alexander?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 01:47 PM)CincyWestside Wrote: What would our options be for a replacement OC?

A chair.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:10 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Folks will like to hear this:

Jim Owczarski‏Verified account @JimOwczarski  13s14 seconds ago

Lazor says he's about getting Andy Dalton in rhythm & the running backs in rhythm.

Dare we hope? An OC who understands QBs and RBs need to get into rhythm? And maybe that offenses need an actual identity?
Reply/Quote
Zampese back to qb coach?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:11 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Now when can Marvin really nut up and fire Alexander?

I would be surprised if Marvin had the authority to fire PA.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Annnnnd he just won't me over. Give this guy a 10 year extension  Mellow

But seriously, that is exactly what I wanted to hear. Feeling a whole lot better about this team... For now.
Reply/Quote

That's all fine and dandy, but as sure as the sun rises, Marvy will stick his nose in it and screw that notion all up!
Reply/Quote