Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
It starts in 2015...
...at least, according to Denny. This guy makes the same prediction every single damn year, then claims that others need to "get over themselves" if they don't have a sunshine and rainbows outlook of the team.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/38lhid/it_starts_in_2015_bengal_fans/?sort=confidence

His first Reddit post and he's already bashing people loldenny
Reply/Quote
and you made a post to bash him while complaining he's bashing people? Interesting approach...
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 09:29 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: and you made a post to bash him while complaining he's bashing people? Interesting approach...

Where did I complain?

I find it funny more than anything else.

I give Denny about 2 weeks on Reddit. That community is the actual worst depending on which sub you're on.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 09:27 PM)djs7685 Wrote: ...at least, according to Denny. This guy makes the same prediction every single damn year, then claims that others need to "get over themselves" if they don't have a sunshine and rainbows outlook of the team.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/38lhid/it_starts_in_2015_bengal_fans/?sort=confidence

His first Reddit post and he's already bashing people loldenny

(06-04-2015, 09:32 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Where did I complain?

I find it funny more than anything else.

I give Denny about 2 weeks on Reddit. That community is the actual worst depending on which sub you're on.

Your whole post is basically a complaint that Denny chooses not to be a cynic. 
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 09:34 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Your whole post is basically a complaint that Denny chooses not to be a cynic. 

Uhh...sure.

Or that I find it funny that he's going elsewhere to spread his extreme viewpoint?

I don't complain if people aren't overly negative, but I will point out how silly it is to be an extremist on the other side. If you think those are the same thing, then that's on you and whoever raised you.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 09:37 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Uhh...sure.

Or that I find it funny that he's going elsewhere to spread his extreme viewpoint?

I don't complain if people aren't overly negative, but I will point out how silly it is to be an extremist on the other side. If you think those are the same thing, then that's on you and whoever raised you.

So you just hate someone who chooses to not be a cynic because you were raised to be a cynic?
yet again, interesting approach. 
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 09:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: So you just hate someone who chooses to not be a cynic because you were raised to be a cynic?
yet again, interesting approach. 

You on your period or something?

Honestly, seek help if that's what you got from what I said. Keep putting words in my mouth, you look real bright.

Seek mental help if you believe "not being a cynic" and "being an overly positive extremist" are synonymous.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 09:47 PM)djs7685 Wrote: You on your period or something?

Honestly, seek help if that's what you got from what I said. Keep putting words in my mouth, you look real bright.

Then explain it again, because each time you just sound upset Denny chooses not to be a cynic yet you don't hate people who are a complete negative ass. Only the positive ass.

Why? 
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 09:48 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Then explain it again, because each time you just sound upset Denny chooses not to be a cynic yet you don't hate people who are a complete negative ass. Only the positive ass.

Why? 

I think overly negative guys are dopey too.

Not being a cynic and being an extremist homer are not the same thing. I don't understand how you believe that they are.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 09:49 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I think overly negative guys are dopey too.

Not being a cynic and being an extremist homer are not the same thing. I don't understand how you believe that they are.

I'm just curious because all in all, Denny is a decent guy. He posted something on a different site and you made a thread here to complain...seems odd 
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 09:48 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Then explain it again, because each time you just sound upset Denny chooses not to be a cynic yet you don't hate people who are a complete negative ass. Only the positive ass.

Why? 
Saying Denny chooses not to be a cynic is like saying the Grand Canyon is a ditch.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 09:51 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I'm just curious because all in all, Denny is a decent guy. He posted something on a different site and you made a thread here to complain...seems odd 

Honestly wasn't trying to "complain" even though I do disagree with his relentless extremist approach.

I assumed people here would find it interesting.

In all seriousness, it should be a compliment to Denny in a way. I posted this as most people would post an article from a professional writer. I posted something from Denny as a discussion point and assumed a lot of people here would be interested in that.

I didn't see it as any different than people posting cincyjungle or nfl.com articles or whatever random blog they post things from. People usually include their opinion on the article exactly as I did. I find what he said on there to be funny and I don't see him lasting there.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 09:57 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Honestly wasn't trying to "complain" even though I do disagree with his relentless extremist approach.

I assumed people here would find it interesting.

In all seriousness, it should be a compliment to Denny in a way. I posted this as most people would post an article from a professional writer. I posted something from Denny as a discussion point and assumed a lot of people here would be interested in that.

I didn't see it as any different than people posting cincyjungle or nfl.com articles or whatever random blog they post things from. People usually include their opinion on the article exactly as I did. I find what he said on there to be funny and I don't see him lasting there.

I don't know the guy, so maybe he's a decent person. I have no reason to think otherwise. But, that super-postitive bullshit he'd write, especially after the team had shit the bed yet again, got on my nerves, too. And, LOL at the idea that anyone who's not like Denny is some blackhearted cynic.

But why give the guy life here? If he wants to post his drivel, then fine, he can and you can knock him around for it. You won't be the only one to do so. But why have a conversation about his having a conversation? Just let his blind loyalty and delusions exist elsewhere.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 10:05 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: But why give the guy life here? If he wants to post his drivel, then fine, he can and you can knock him around for it. You won't be the only one to do so. But why have a conversation about his having a conversation? Just let his blind loyalty and delusions exist elsewhere.

Denny's threads always got hundreds of responses on the other board, so I honestly thought there would be quite a few people wanting to discuss this. The boards just recently shut down too, it's not like we've been gone for a year.

I saw quite a few people asking Denny where he was going or what he would be doing after the board closure, so that also gave me the impression that people would care about something like this.

If the general consensus is just that people don't give a shit, the mods can delete this thread. I thought people would want to talk about it but I definitely could be wrong on this one.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 10:12 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Denny's threads always got hundreds of responses on the other board, so I honestly thought there would be quite a few people wanting to discuss this. The boards just recently shut down too, it's not like we've been gone for a year.

I saw quite a few people asking Denny where he was going or what he would be doing after the board closure, so that also gave me the impression that people would care about something like this.

If the general consensus is just that people don't give a shit, the mods can delete this thread. I thought people would want to talk about it but I definitely could be wrong on this one.

Maybe you're not. It could just be me and RR who don't think it's worthy of a thread. We'll see how many jump in and respond.

I had a few decent discussions with him at the old place. He has an account, so let's see what he has to say. He'll give you plenty of material to work with.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 10:05 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I don't know the guy, so maybe he's a decent person.  I have no reason to think otherwise.  But, that super-postitive bullshit he'd write, especially after the team had shit the bed yet again, got on my nerves, too.  And, LOL at the idea that anyone who's not like Denny is some blackhearted cynic.

But why give the guy life here?  If he wants to post his drivel, then fine, he can and you can knock him around for it.  You won't be the only one to do so.  But why have a conversation about his having a conversation?  Just let his blind loyalty and delusions exist elsewhere.

Never said that, but Denny also never really said anything offensive. Stupid and blindly loyal to the team that *employed* (more or less)...is it really hard to see why he toed the company line and still does? 

It's like getting mad at a puppy for doing puppy things...he's harmless. 
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 10:33 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Never said that, but Denny also never really said anything offensive. Stupid and blindly loyal to the team that *employed* (more or less)...is it really hard to see why he toed the company line and still does? 

It's like getting mad at a puppy for doing puppy things...he's harmless. 

Well, as long as we're not putting words in each other's mouths, I never said he said anyting "offensive." I said he seemed like a decent guy. I was just annoyed by the pollyanish bullshit. And, perhaps more importantly, I said that if we're going have Denny-centric threads, let's let Denny start them. That's all.
Reply/Quote
What an awful life he must live; being optimistic every year.

He should stop enjoying being a Bengal fan so much.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Weird because I know Ive read most of that before quite a few times.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 11:48 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Weird because I know Ive read most of that before quite a few times.

Cut, copy, paste. Just change a couple names.
Reply/Quote