Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It will be tough to go 0-6 over these next 6 games...
The Jets game may set a record -- for the lowest attendance in history for an NFL game.

Sunday is a big chance for the Bengals to win at Steelers, but the Browns upset me with that game last Sunday so it would be fun to see the Bengals take one or both games against them.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 11:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's REALLY hard to go 0-16.

[Image: you-can-do-it-meme-9.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 11:57 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With all the Steelers injuries...it's going to be tough for us to lose to them. That's all I'm saying.

We have Mixon and Boyd.

They don't have Conner, Juju, Johnson, Pouncey.
Are you serious??
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 11:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: -Steelers @ Home - Without Roethlisberger, and likely Conner, Dionte Johnson, and Juju. And missing Pouncey.

-Jets @ Home - Jets are really bad. 3-7 (1-4 on the Road)

-@ Browns - 4 Wins. Their coach is clueless

-Patriots @ Home - Loss

-@ Dolphins - 2 Wins. IF we win some of the earlier games, the Dolphins may have a shot at the top pick...so we could lose. The Dolphins do look better than us now. I guess it will depend on who wants to lose more.

-Browns @ Home - See above.

It's REALLY hard to go 0-16.

All of those teams have something going for them that the Bengals don't have, and that is some games in the win column.

The Bengals have faced two winless teams so far (not counting week one at the Seahawks of course) and lost decisively to both.

While the Jets may be bad and 1-4 on the road, the Bengals are worse and are 0-4 at home.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 07:53 PM)BengalChris Wrote: All of those teams have something going for them that the Bengals don't have, and that is some games in the win column.

The Bengals have faced two winless teams so far (not counting week one at the Seahawks of course) and lost decisively to both.

While the Jets may be bad and 1-4 on the road, the Bengals are worse and are 0-4 at home.

The point I was going to make. All the bad stuff the OP wrote about those other teams, yet they are still better than the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 08:15 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The point I was going to make. All the bad stuff the OP wrote about those other teams, yet they are still better than the Bengals.

Yep, don't see a win in the next six.  

The Jets have scored 34 points in consecutive games, and we might put up our standard 17, so there's an L.  The Dolphins have won two of the last three, including at Indy, and it's down there, so there's an L.  Steelers always pound us, regardless of who the HC/QB/jockstrap washer are, and they might actually have a home-field advantage at PBS Sunday (has a home steam ever had to go silent count at home before?), so book that L.  Browns swept us last year, and they're just plain better than us at this point, so there's two more Ls.  The Pats will absolutely curb stomp us, and many of us will be there just to see Brady in person one last time, and we'll witness the L.  

0-6 is much easier than you think.  Can't wait to buy my "I survived 0-16" sweatshirt come January.   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 08:55 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yep, don't see a win in the next six.  

The Jets have scored 34 points in consecutive games, and we might put up our standard 17, so there's an L.  The Dolphins have won two of the last three, including at Indy, and it's down there, so there's an L.  Steelers always pound us, regardless of who the HC/QB/jockstrap washer are, and they might actually have a home-field advantage at PBS Sunday (has a home steam ever had to go silent count at home before?), so book that L.  Browns swept us last year, and they're just plain better than us at this point, so there's two more Ls.  The Pats will absolutely curb stomp us, and many of us will be there just to see Brady in person one last time, and we'll witness the L.  

0-6 is much easier than you think.  Can't wait to buy my "I survived 0-16" sweatshirt come January.   

No argument from me, however.

What is the difference between 3-13 and 0-16 for the Bengals ? About 4 draft positions and all the excuse MB will need to say "see we did have it right all along. Injuries derailed us and it took some time to put it together". 

In other words we'll stand pat where we are !

Maybe, just maybe ? 0-16 will force him to act ? Free agents, trade some people ?

So, it wouldn't surprise me for the Bengals to screw it up, they do everything else, and win 3 at the end.
Reply/Quote
This team will do whatever it has to in order to lose these games.

Every one of the potential teams that you have us maybe beating are still flat out better teams with better players and better coaches
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 09:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: No argument from me, however.

What is the difference between 3-13 and 0-16 for the Bengals ? About 4 draft positions and all the excuse MB will need to say "see we did have it right all along. Injuries derailed us and it took some time to put it together". 

In other words we'll stand pat where we are !

Maybe, just maybe ? 0-16 will force him to act ? Free agents, trade some people ?

So, it wouldn't surprise me for the Bengals to screw it up, they do everything else, and win 3 at the end.

Wins out of these last 6 games won't be because of progress...it will be because our opponents are REALLY BAD too.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 07:53 PM)BengalChris Wrote: All of those teams have something going for them that the Bengals don't have, and that is some games in the win column.

Believe me...our team is terrible and I feel like we have the worst coaching staff of the past 10 years coaching this team...

It's just hard to go 0-16 and we've started to be able to run the ball some. IF they put Andy back in at QB...we could likely win. With Finley, I don't know.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 07:53 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: Are you serious??

Yep. The Steelers are down to their 2nd string QB, 2nd or 3rd string RB, and 3rd string WR...and their Pro Bowl Center is out. On defense, Tuitt is out.

We're actually relatively healthy with the exception of AJ Green and Jonah.

Look...I feel the Bengals are terrible and I'm as negative on them as anyone, but it's hard to go 0-16 and we have 5 winnable games coming up.

We may lose them all. Who knows?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 10:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Believe me...our team is terrible and I feel like we have the worst coaching staff of the past 10 years coaching this team...

It's just hard to go 0-16 and we've started to be able to run the ball some. IF they put Andy back in at QB...we could likely win. With Finley, I don't know.

You are right about 0-16 being hard to do. It is a feat of awfulness in the NFL and very few teams have ever accomplished. But if any owner fully deserves it that owner would be Mike Brown.

Reply/Quote
MB definately deserves it.
Reply/Quote
The bengals are up to the challenge. I think 0 and 16 is achieve able they just have to keep fighting and stick to the good plan the coaches have for each game. New Dey
Reply/Quote
KEEP THE STREAK ALIVE!
Reply/Quote
I see us winning 2 games unfortunately. I’m guessing the 2nd pick in the draft lose out on Burrow n do we take Tua n his injury or Chase n draft Trevor next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 11:58 AM)Au165 Wrote: I'd run out a 4-4 defense and go 8 man box with my linebackers spread wide and make Mason Rudolph throwing to replacement level WR's beat me.

(11-21-2019, 12:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Do we even have 4 linebackers on the roster? I joke.

(11-21-2019, 01:55 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You joke, but it's close. Cincinnati currently has five linebackers on the roster.

We're not actually counting Nickerson in this head count are we?

Asking for a friend...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Do we remember the last Steelers game? You know.. the one where they stretched us horizontally and we had no answer? Or when we gave up 7 or so sacks? Do we have an answer now? A better game plan? I feel a 24-13 loss oncoming and, yes it’s hard to go 0-16 but it’s equally hard to be this historically bad.
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/ZN0rMmUxUMI
Reply/Quote
0-16 would be quite the amazing thing since it would mean the two worst records in NFL history will have occurred within the same division within the span of what...2 years? Pretty low odds on that happening, so that would be something.

It's sort of like that 4 year span where all 4 teams in the AFC South took a turn at going 2-14.
Reply/Quote