Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its OK now to teach religion in public schools
(10-20-2015, 05:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We would home school however there are some fantastic private schools here locally.  We want low class size for the individual attention, which is the greatest part of home schooling.   We would home school if our only option was public school.  

Currently we are teaching languages.  Our oldest can speak 3, and is currently working on French.  This was all done at home.     Youngest can do 2, she still has Belarussian to learn before we go to another Probably Portuguese if she can handle it.  Our neighbors speak Portuguese and want their children to learn Russian so we will trade off and teach them.   And our neighbors are home schoolers, both work,  she works out of a home office and he is a fireman.

Where I grew up there was a private K-8th grade Catholic school and my parents wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway.  What do you do which allows you to afford the tuition at a private school?

Remind me again how old your two girls are?  And when was it you and your "wife" got "married"?
(10-20-2015, 05:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Where I grew up there was a private K-8th grade Catholic school and my parents wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway.  What do you do which allows you to afford the tuition at a private school?

Remind me again how old your two girls are?  And when was it you and your "wife" got "married"?

This would actually be a nice discussion if I thought you actually had a sincere motive instead of your typical nonsense.
(10-20-2015, 05:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No.  There are places in the continent of Africa where they have the rule of law and hit back hard on such violence.

(05-30-2015, 05:17 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No immigrants should get access to any benefits.   Nor their children.   

We should also be limiting immigration.   

Where do you live Benton?  I doubt its a place that deals with immigrants ....  Just speakong of Mexico and Central America....  They live in a seriously violent culture.   when we let the Cubans in Florida Miami went from a nobody town to a war zone.    That's what these people do....   They are just violent animals.    

I don't want those animals here.... Same reason I don't want anyone from the Middle East or Africa here ....  We start letting savages in here then we lose our sensibilities and start to accept their savage ways.

That's not what you wrote before.  Even you recognize the bigotry even though you won't admit it.  If you feel insulted because I quoted you again; tough.
(10-20-2015, 05:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That's not what you wrote before.  Even you recognize the bigotry even though you won't admit it.  If you feel insulted because I quoted you again; tough.

What bigotry?  Because I said I don't want immigrants from a violent culture?  Correct.   I only want the best of the best of immigrants.    Instead of taking all their people lets just take their top people.   If you take the one line then you have a complaint but in the context of the whole post it's obvious what I am taking about

I stand by what I said then and it's precisely what I still say today.   Thanks for quoting both and showing my consistency.
This is why I support a 1924 style immigration policy. It allows us to dig deep and avoid all the bad people.
(10-20-2015, 05:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This would actually be a nice discussion if I thought you actually had a sincere motive instead of your typical nonsense.

This implies you are here for a nice discussion, but we both know that isn't true.  But, I'm glad to see Dr. Jekyll posting more often now that your Mr. Hyde has been banned.

Anyway, with your strong Christian convictions I was just wondering how long you were living in sin?
(10-20-2015, 05:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What bigotry?  Because I said I don't want immigrants from a violent culture?  Correct.   I only want the best of the best of immigrants.    Instead of taking all their people lets just take their top people.   If you take the one line then you have a complaint but in the context of the whole post it's obvious what I am taking about

I stand by what I said then and it's precisely what I still say today.   Thanks for quoting both and showing my consistency.

Have you ever actually been to Central America or the Middle East?  I've been to both.  I can tell you from personal experience not everyone from these regions is a savage and only an uneducated, naïve bigot would make such a claim and continue to do so. 
(10-20-2015, 05:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The US is a civilized nation.  Therefore we are not savages.  We do not accept this barbaric violence as common everyday life.   We are upset and bothered when we see someone's head chopped off.   Someone from a savage country.... It's just common occurrence.

When children are abducted here it's a big thing, in savage nations it's just the way things are....  

Police/judges taking payoffs here.... Big issue .... Savage nations .... Common occurrence.

First, you said the people engaged in gang warfare and terrorism were savages. Now just about everybody there are "savages" because, you allege without evidence, the people who live there aren't "upset" by the violence.

How upset are people in America about hundreds of thousands of dead civilians in Iraq? I'd have to believe that from the perspective of most of the world, the answer would be "not very" at best. So, wouldn't that make us savages? Or are we "civilized" for shrugging at dead civilians?

I eagerly await your next attempt to differentiate American violence from "savage" violence based on anything but the true reasons: your own tribal loyalty to the U.S. and your disdain/fear of people with dark skin.
(10-20-2015, 07:42 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: First, you said the people engaged in gang warfare and terrorism were savages. Now just about everybody there are "savages" because, you allege without evidence, the people who live there aren't "upset" by the violence.

How upset are people in America about hundreds of thousands of dead civilians in Iraq? I'd have to believe that from the perspective of most of the world, the answer would be "not very" at best. So, wouldn't that make us savages? Or are we "civilized" for shrugging at dead civilians?

I eagerly await your next attempt to differentiate American violence from "savage" violence based on anything but the true reasons: your own tribal loyalty to the U.S. and your disdain/fear of people with dark skin.

Well being a savage would be dependent on who's eyes you are looking through. For us it's them. I don't know what Iraq people think and really I don't care that much. We were in a war and in war people die. Even civilians. Millions of Russians died in WW2. I bet they have some strong opinions on who was right or wrong.

You have this desire to blame us for everything, not sure why you feel this guilt, stuff happens. It's been this way in the world since God made it.
(10-20-2015, 06:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Have you ever actually been to Central America or the Middle East?  I've been to both.  I can tell you from personal experience not everyone from these regions is a savage and only an uneducated, naïve bigot would make such a claim and continue to do so. 

Central America ... Yes Middle East ... No.

El Salvador isn't a savage nation?
(10-21-2015, 12:26 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well being a savage would be dependent on who's eyes you are looking through.   For us it's them.   I don't know what Iraq people think and really I don't care that much.  We were in a war and in war people die.   Even civilians.    Millions of Russians died in WW2.   I bet they have some strong opinions on who was right or wrong.    

You have this desire to blame us for everything, not sure why you feel this guilt, stuff happens.   It's been this way in the world since God made it.

So in other words, you're admitting that the reason you believe they are savages and we are not is: you're American. That's it. Due purely to tribal loyalty, the same kind of tribal loyalty held by the most un-advanced civilizations imaginable, you ignore our crimes while decrying theirs.

Well, that pretty much wraps up the conversation then. Your post reveals that your tribalism is so extreme as to make you proclaim you "don't care that much" when any innocent person who is not a part of your tribe gets brutally killed.

If that doesn't make you a savage, I don't know what would.
(10-21-2015, 01:01 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: So in other words, you're admitting that the reason you believe they are savages and we are not is: you're American. That's it. Due purely to tribal loyalty, the same kind of tribal loyalty held by the most un-advanced civilizations imaginable, you ignore our crimes while decrying theirs.

Well, that pretty much wraps up the conversation then. Your post reveals that your tribalism is so extreme as to make you proclaim you "don't care that much" when any innocent person who is not a part of your tribe gets brutally killed.

If that doesn't make you a savage, I don't know what would.

We have a civilization of modern rules and laws. They do not. That's the difference. Ofc someone from one of those countries is going to say something else. No one is going to say, well we live in a brutal country that has a lawless population. Do you know why they do not say this ...... Because if they did they would be killed or abducted.

As far as Iraqi people dying .... You are talking about a war. How about Address the violence in El Salvador and why it's become so violent.

You convienently used the one place we had a war and are currently stationed.

Or is your solution just let them all into our country, give them all citizenship. As long as they are not white.
(10-21-2015, 02:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We have a civilization of modern rules and laws.   They do not.   That's the difference.    

Who is "they"? You're being vague again, probably because you know if you give specifics, this little gut feeling you have about "savages" might get destroyed by facts.

Quote:Ofc someone from one of those countries is going to say something else.    No one is going to say, well we live in a brutal country that has a lawless population.    Do you know why they do not say this ......  Because if they did they would be killed or abducted. 

Wait, you just said they won't say or do anything to change their societies because they're "savages". Now it's because they have legitimate fears of reprisal. Which is it?

Quote:As far as Iraqi people dying ....  You are talking about a war.    How about Address the violence in El Salvador and why it's become so violent. 

Oh, so it's okay to kill innocent people as long as it's a war? That's reassuring, because ISIS declared war on the U.S. When they blow up your office building, don't come crying because "you are talking about a war".

I'm glad you brought up El Salvador, because we don't have an enormous gang violence problem here in our "civilized" country or anything; only those "savages" in the Third World do! Hilarious

Quote:You convienently used the one place we had a war and are currently stationed.    

Um, yeah. I "conveniently" used an example that correlates with reality. How devious of me. Rolleyes

I guess since it's just one little war, the hundreds of thousands of dead don't matter? Not seeing your point here, Einstein.

Quote:Or is your solution just let them all into our country, give them all citizenship.   As long as they are not white.

Nope!

Next.
(10-21-2015, 12:27 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Central America ... Yes   Middle East ... No.    

We have a ton of Salvadorian students in my area. None are "savages", "animals", or "uncivilized"...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-21-2015, 12:26 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well being a savage would be dependent on who's eyes you are looking through.   For us me it's them.   I don't know what Iraq people think and really I don't care that much.  We were in a war and in war people die.   Even civilians.    Millions of Russians died in WW2.   I bet they have some strong opinions on who was right or wrong.    

You have this desire to blame us for everything, not sure why you feel this guilt, stuff happens.   It's been this way in the world since God made it.

(10-20-2015, 05:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This would actually be a nice discussion if I thought you actually had a sincere motive instead of your typical nonsense.

The irony.  Hilarious
(10-21-2015, 12:27 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Central America ... Yes   Middle East ... No.    

El Salvador is a Christian nation.
(10-21-2015, 09:17 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We have a ton of Salvadorian students in my area. None are "savages", "animals", or "uncivilized"...

That's probably because:
(10-21-2015, 11:47 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: El Salvador is a Christian nation.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-21-2015, 12:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's probably because:

Smirk

Tell that too Lucie.  He seems to think they're all savages based upon on a map.
(10-21-2015, 12:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Tell that too Lucie.  He seems to think they're all savages based upon on a map.

Perhaps he's referring to gay rights ?

[Image: 689df9cff.png]
(10-21-2015, 01:03 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Perhaps he's referring to gay rights ?

[Image: 689df9cff.png]

He probably thinks that's just a bigger sign of how savage-y they are, since homersexyuals are sinners.

Now, if they started instituting the death penalty for gays, then  maybe they'd be civilized.