Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Its becoming clear we knocked this last draft out of the park
Good thread

If we can continue to draft this well, I like our 68 million in cap space also in 2024. We likely will also have draft picks next year.

I think our own FA must sign are:
1. Reader
2. Higgins

Those are my top 2.

Then, I would love to see us go after a Chris Jones or Williams (cheaper) from the Seahawks
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Nice to see DJ Ivey out there making plays.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 06:17 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote:
Nice to see DJ Ivey out there making plays.

Loved seeing him get his head turned around to find the ball rather than just sticking his hand in there to block it. 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 01:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Loved seeing him get his head turned around to find the ball rather than just sticking his hand in there to block it. 

And, of course, Ivey got the big fumble recovery. 
Reply/Quote
Poison
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 07:34 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: ROUND 1 - Myles Murphy DE - Myles is starting to really come on and show flashes of being a game changer.  He is 21 and won't be 22 until next month so his best days are wayyy ahead of him.  At this point his floor looks like a more athletic Sam Hubbard and his ceiling is sky high if he can hone his technique and reach it.
He looked pretty good today.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:38 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: He looked pretty good today.

Yes he did and with Reader out for the year we need him!

Cigar
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 10:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I think he is going to be a consistently good safety for us. Not flashy, but someone that does his job well. I think we have a lot of this type of players on the team.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 11:37 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think is going to be a consistently good safety for us. Not flashy, but someone that does his job well. I think we have a lot of this type of players on the team.

Yep, especially considering his NFL prospect grade was 6.18 (Good backup with potential to develop into starter).  He's continued to clean up some of the errors that he was making in coverage early on, and is really looking seasoned beyond his years as a run defender.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 11:37 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think is going to be a consistently good safety for us. Not flashy, but someone that does his job well. I think we have a lot of this type of players on the team.

(12-22-2023, 01:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, especially considering his NFL prospect grade was 6.18 (Good backup with potential to develop into starter).  He's continued to clean up some of the errors that he was making in coverage early on, and is really looking seasoned beyond his years as a run defender.

Damn rights, love Jordan Battle and he is playing like a starter already. That was a nice pass breakup by Poison Ivey up above as well. Lou 
does a good job with Corners, drafting them and developing them. DJ Turner is such a willing tackler and once he becomes more comfortable
and instinctual because of it he will start to make QB's pay with interceptions. 

Fluid hips and elite speed are very rare skillsets for a young Corner that you cannot teach, Turner has both.
Reply/Quote
I think long term Isovias will be the best
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 02:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think long term Isovias will be the best

He DOES have crazy upside and has played well for a rookie, specifically on ST's and should have at least 1 more TD if Browning would of seen
him in the first stealer game. With his size, speed, physicality along with learning to catch with his hands and run crisp routes he could be very 
special in the future.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 02:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think long term Isovias will be the best

He'll have his chance to show what hes got this week with Chase out.  Thats a lot of snaps to go around to him and Charlie. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote

I think he will be key this week and will respond to the call...
Reply/Quote

And this is barring any mental steps in understanding coverages

You don’t gotta run a 4.5 you just gotta tackle and play smart and Battle does that just fine
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 06:33 PM)Housh Wrote: And this is barring any mental steps in understanding coverages

You don’t gotta run a 4.5 you just gotta tackle and play smart and Battle does that just fine

You are correct! Being in the right place is important.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 05:19 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: He'll have his chance to show what hes got this week with Chase out.  Thats a lot of snaps to go around to him and Charlie. 

Nailed it
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 01:31 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Let see, Tee or Marvin Harrison Jr......I think teams will take MHJ on a rookie deal over Tee all day.

LOL ofc they would, but he will be gone in the top 5. So only a few teams will actually have a chance to get him, so then is Tee the best option?
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 03:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He DOES have crazy upside and has played well for a rookie, specifically on ST's and should have at least 1 more TD if Browning would of seen
him in the first stealer game. With his size, speed, physicality along with learning to catch with his hands and run crisp routes he could be very 
special in the future.

He's 24 though... Probably a lil closer to a finished product than it might appear on the surface. He'll definitely improve with experience though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote