Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Its becoming clear we knocked this last draft out of the park
(12-07-2023, 03:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would love to bring back Tee, Reader and Jonah. I just don't think we will be able to afford Jonah as he may be the top RT 
in this FA and he may want to play LT still and might still be a little bitter about how we didn't tell him about Orlando. I think
George Fant or Eluemunor are much more likely in FA.

Tee having an injured and poor year only makes what we have to pay him less. We might actually be able to afford a multi year
contract for him now, yah never know. But we have to bring back Chase no matter what, so I would rather Tag Tee and trade him
or just let him test FA. He is banged up a lot, but he is a class act.

I wasn't for bringing him back for big money before this season because we need to keep the trenches strong and keep Chase 
here for the long term more than anything. But there may be a way to have it all for all I know.

Fant will be 32, Eluemunor is a guy we thought they were looking at last year.  He has given up 2 less sacks than Jonah, 3 less hits, 5 less hurries and 10 less pressures, with a one year $3M contract.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 10:44 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Fant will be 32, Eluemunor is a guy we thought they were looking at last year.  He has given up 2 less sacks than Jonah, 3 less hits, 5 less hurries and 10 less pressures, with a one year $3M contract.

Would much rather have Eluemunor then, thanks Casear. 

I just heard from somebody on here he got benched this year for some reason.
Reply/Quote
Fant sucks, always has, always will.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 12:14 AM)jason Wrote: What are they gonna do with that money instead?

How about AAron Donald?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 05:28 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: How about AAron Donald?

I'd be down...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 05:28 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: How about AAron Donald?

How old is AD now?

I sure don't like the guy after that one team practice, but if he still has something in the tank and is a team player we could 
really use a 3-tech that can rush the passer.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 06:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How old is AD now?

I sure don't like the guy after that one team practice, but if he still has something in the tank and is a team player we could 
really use a 3-tech that can rush the passer.

He's still easily a top 3 interior D lineman. Let Tee and Reader walk and use that money to sign him to a 2-3 year deal. 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 06:26 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: He's still easily a top 3 interior D lineman. Let Tee and Reader walk and use that money to sign him to a 2-3 year deal. 

I would let Tee walk if we could get AD for sure, we would still need a NT if we let Reader walk. Tupou isn't the answer and a
Draft pick would take time.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 06:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would let Tee walk if we could get AD for sure, we would still need a NT if we let Reader walk. Tupou isn't the answer and a
Draft pick would take time.

Can we have both Reader and Donald on the same line?  That's what I would like to see.  With the young secondary we need a better pass rush. 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 10:44 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Fant will be 32, Eluemunor is a guy we thought they were looking at last year.  He has given up 2 less sacks than Jonah, 3 less hits, 5 less hurries and 10 less pressures, with a one year $3M contract.

I was one of those people that thought we should trade Jonah to get something out of him, save the 12.6 million and sign Eluemunor for cheap so we could use Jonah's money elsewhere like an extension for Reader.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 11:57 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Can we have both Reader and Donald on the same line?  That's what I would like to see.  With the young secondary we need a better pass rush. 

That would be nasty.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 12:04 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I was one of those people that thought we should trade Jonah to get something out of him, save the 12.6 million and sign Eluemunor for cheap so we could use Jonah's money elsewhere like an extension for Reader.

I think I read that he wanted to return to he Raiders last year, not sure he gave other teams much of a chance....?

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 03:34 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I think our fans way overrate Tee.  He is not a Top 10 WR, and I wouldn't be thrilled if he was my team's #1 WR.  He simply isn't fast enough, doesn't separate well, and is injured a lot. 

I not sure why any team would give up a 1st rounder with 5 years of a rookie deal for Tee that will be over 20M?  Why wouldn't they just draft a Top WR?  Chase could get garner a 1st and then some.

Let see, Tee or Marvin Harrison Jr......I think teams will take MHJ on a rookie deal over Tee all day.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 12:23 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Mixon has 6 fumbles in his career... and 3 of those came in his rookie season (2017)

Zero in the last 2 years.

It's why we didn't see Brown toting the ball at the end of the MNF game. Yes, there were a few posters in the GD thread letting us know how dumb Zac was for not putting Brown back in. SmackSmack
Reply/Quote
Mixon continues to be one of the most underappreciated Bengals ever.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 05:35 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Mixon continues to be one of the most underappreciated Bengals ever.

Mixon is a great short yardage back and receiving back at the stage of his career.  If Chase Brown can be our speedster who gets chunk plays and gets us into the redzone bring in a fresh Mixon and watch him be a TD machine.  This is exactly what we need with inexperienced Browning at QB.  We don't have Burrow to be an elite redzone finisher anymore. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2023, 05:35 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Mixon continues to be one of the most underappreciated Bengals ever.

That’s due to his position and the fact his prime years were wasted on some forgettable teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 11:37 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Murphy has a bed red flag attached to him because the FO felt the need to break a trend they set in the preseason and extended an older player in Hendrickson

. I'll admit that Murphy has looked less like a bum since I called him one, but need to see more. I don't like the bad omen we've gotten so far though.

The secondary get a pass until next year, but they're improved week over week; sure.

Andre Yoshivas looks like a struggling receiver. Not a fan of him running incorrect routes like he did a while back. Sixth round guy though and the upside is there.

Jones has shown flashes as a special team player, but hasn't shown himself as a good Boyd replacement, mainly because of an early injury. Jury is still out on him as a receiver.

Revist this thread two years from now.

I think most would say Yoshi has over performed for a sixth round pick. Per Pro Football Reference, he has 5 receptions on 8 targets with 2 TDs with 0 drops in 11 games. He filled in well as the #4 receiver behind Irwin while Tee was out. In addition, he has 3 solo and 1 assisted tackles on special teams. As long as our top three WRs are healthy, his targets will remain limited but he can be a red zone threat and a dependable special teams player.

Is he a future replacement for Tee, definitely not; for Irwin, possibly, depending on what kind of RFA tender they give Irwin next year. Regardless, it appears Yoshi has a bright future with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 11:57 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Can we have both Reader and Donald on the same line?  That's what I would like to see.  With the young secondary we need a better pass rush. 

I'd like to get LarryO back here, he and Reader were a force together. I'm not sure when his contract is up though.
Reply/Quote
Safe to say Chase Brown is offically a STEAL. What a stud.

Cigar
Reply/Quote