Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Ivana's grave
I can't say i'm surprised to see this thread and some of the comments here.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 09:38 PM)basballguy Wrote: I can't say i'm surprised to see this thread and some of the comments here.

And I'm not surprised by the folks popping in to tsk tsk things.   We are a predictable lot. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 09:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And I'm not surprised by the folks popping in to tsk tsk things.   We are a predictable lot. 

The lines in the sand are pretty thick these days.
Reply/Quote
WAZZZZAAAA!!!!1!!1eleven!!1!  Sarcasm  Nervous  Whatever  ThumbsUp  Cool ding dang dong ironing board humpa humpa.

at least that was unpredictable...
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 09:51 PM)hollodero Wrote: WAZZZZAAAA!!!!1!!1eleven!!1!  Sarcasm  Nervous  Whatever  ThumbsUp  Cool ding dang dong ironing board humpa humpa.

at least that was unpredictable...

Not only unpredictable, but higher quality than some can do on their best days.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 07:51 PM)hollodero Wrote: Fair enough, I will not say it again.

In my 'defense' if you will, I always addressed your points on their merits, as if I did not think what I still think; also I tried to make clear I don't think I'm better than you or anyone. I also promised to stop derailing this thread, so I won't expand. 

thanks buddy. i sent you back to explain why i lost my cool. i apoligize
Reply/Quote
Say what you want about Trump, but the man knows how to stay on brand. There isn't a tax loophole he won't jump through or a woman he won't disrespect. Bonus points if it involves one of his golf courses and the woman he is disrespecting is a former lover.
Reply/Quote
This is creatively and fantastically gross.

Even the grave is classless.

A Guiness point of grossness.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 04:34 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: This is creatively and fantastically gross.

Even the grave is classless.

A Guiness point of grossness.

Didn't she also publicly accuse him of abusing her?  It's beyond bizarre she didn't find a different place to be buried.  It's reality show family wacky. 
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 07:38 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: thats a slap to a mans face and aint no man gonna keep standing for it.

threatening people is not only against the tos (don't worry, i won't "go talk to the higher ups about as you claim to have done recently"), but its UNxTIAN.

go fishing with imaginary loved ones or something.  maybe make some toast and see if a miracle appears.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 09:23 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: threatening people is not only against the tos (don't worry, i won't "go talk to the higher ups about as you claim to have done recently"), but its UNxTIAN.

Yeah he said that to me and I did not perceive it as a threat. For me it's also not an issue. It's cleared up and settled and I'd rather keep it that way.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 09:23 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: threatening people is not only against the tos (don't worry, i won't "go talk to the higher ups about as you claim to have done recently"), but its UNxTIAN.

go fishing with imaginary loved ones or something.  maybe make some toast and see if a miracle appears.

your looking for something that isnt there friend. theres no issue to be had. all is good
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 05:54 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: your not getting what im saying. your focusing pure earthly judgment. ok. by just that we can sit here judging each other and say this person is better or wrse than other folks cause there sins greater or whatever. we can condem each other and out in jail if the sin is big enough. thats all fine and good cause we have to make it that way cause we are broken and we want to break each other so there has to be some wat of controling it. 

but the real fact is were sinners judging sinners. guilty folks judging guilty folks cause there more guilty. but were all guilty in the ultimate judgment. good thing is the ulimate judge has mercy on us if we repent. you can think trump is a terrible person by earthly means. i can think pelosi is the same. but only God knows what they really are in there hearts and only he can truly judge them.

Tiger, I have a question about your view of earthly judgment:

Do you think that police and courts and legislature have any legitimate or even important role in the U.S. today?

Policing and judging and lawmaking all involve, at some point, the attempt to identify and correct bad behavior, especially that which threatens others safety and property. If all are sinners, that means you have sinners arresting and judging other sinners.

Voting is related to this, since we generally want representatives who will put the interests of the nation a head of their own. That means we decide that some are better than others. (Unless of course we, as voters, aren't much interested in the general good, and want someone who will put our interests above the general good  Wink)

One limitation with "earthly judgment" is certainly that we don't know what's "really" in Trump or Pelosi's heart. But I question whether that should play any role at all in passing and enforcing laws. How do you see that? Should a police officer arresting someone for violating a law and a prosecutor prosecuting the accused and a jury judging him/her just pass on that responsibility to god? Punishment only in the afterlife? 

Those who developed modern democracy made a point of separating church and state in this respect--let churches determine otherworldly sin in their members, but leave earthly judgment to secular law, which doesn't treat with sin. That was because of the terrible history of sinners judging other sinners. So they thought maybe "sin" should not be the issue in earthly government at all. But people (sinners) should still be able to protect their persons and property from other sinners. Deciding whether Trump is a good or bad leader is more about that than abstract determinations of "sin" isn't it?

If I have misunderstood you somewhere I'd appreciate (gentle) correction.
Reply/Quote
No one classier than DJT.  Mellow

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ivana Trump's lonely grave is barely visible in overgrown grass, just a year after she was buried at Trump's Bedminster golf club following deadly tumble down stairs. <a href="https://t.co/eWZgxGP5ZW">pic.twitter.com/eWZgxGP5ZW</a></p>&mdash; Molly Ploofkins (@Mollyploofkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mollyploofkins/status/1690514339982180352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 13, 2023</a></blockquote> 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 10:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: No one classier than DJT.  Mellow

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ivana Trump's lonely grave is barely visible in overgrown grass, just a year after she was buried at Trump's Bedminster golf club following deadly tumble down stairs. <a href="https://t.co/eWZgxGP5ZW">pic.twitter.com/eWZgxGP5ZW</a></p>&mdash; Molly Ploofkins (@Mollyploofkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mollyploofkins/status/1690514339982180352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 13, 2023</a></blockquote> 

come on now, there is a LIV golf tournament there this weekend...he had to let the rough grow out to please his Saudi bankers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 10:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: No one classier than DJT.  Mellow

I really don't care much about all of this, but just enough to check on the validity.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12400819/Ivana-Trumps-grave-completely-overgrown-Trumps-Bedminster-golf-course.html

I don't normally put much faith in Daily Mail, but given that other sources were very left-leaning and this is a Newscorp publication, well, I figured it would be a decent option.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 12:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I really don't care much about all of this, but just enough to check on the validity.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12400819/Ivana-Trumps-grave-completely-overgrown-Trumps-Bedminster-golf-course.html

I don't normally put much faith in Daily Mail, but given that other sources were very left-leaning and this is a Newscorp publication, well, I figured it would be a decent option.

And the fact that it looks so clumpy, to me, means it hasn't been maintained since the burial. 

He doesn't care. Her KIDS don't care.

What a family.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 01:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: And the fact that it looks so clumpy, to me, means it hasn't been maintained since the burial. 

He doesn't care.  Her KIDS don't care.

What a family.

Well, it could be worse.  He coulda put some Port-A-Potties over it for the golf tournament.  He could call them Saudi Potties.  People would love that shit.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 11:04 AM)hollodero Wrote: Ah, so Trump is an awful, unethical person who maybe has done something awful and unethical here.

Imho the thing is, those that see him that way are unsurprised; those that don't see him that way won't change their mind over this. In that sense, this thread appears to be of little value. Maybe the higher value would be to leave the deceased women alone instead of using her death to make the 10.000th point about Trump. Especially since she probably was not forced by Trump to be buried there against her stated will.

In a similar sense, no matter what I'd think about the eulogies, they are not really my business to care about.

So you are saying if you find a way to legally avoid paying some taxes, you would rather pay those taxes instead?
You aren't making sense, i doubt there's a taxpayer in this world that would pay if they could find a legal way out of it.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 10:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So you are saying if you find a way to legally avoid paying some taxes, you would rather pay those taxes instead?
You aren't making sense, i doubt there's a taxpayer in this world that would pay if they could find a legal way out of it.

I would pay. If I am living comfortably, that is all I need. In addition, paying taxes is a patriotic activity. People should take pride in paying their taxes as it is the price we pay for living in a country where we have what we have. How does the military operate? Taxes. How is our infrastructure maintained? Taxes. How do we protect our borders? Taxes.

Whenever anyone talks about how much they work to avoid paying taxes but then bemoans the limited resources of our government and their impact on the ability for them to enforce the laws or protect our citizenry it is a textbook example of irony.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote