Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
JB press conference
Some people play right into the stereotype that gives conservatives a bad rep. I'll just leave it at that. Seems miserable to be so judgmental of every individual and not allow any independent thought without deeming them this and that for thinking differently. How can what Joe said be so much worse for some then what we saw on 1/6? That is where credibility fails. Especially when it comes to "patriotism".

But whatever. Interesting to see Burrow cancelled by the anti - cancel culture folks.

Posters don't have to be extreme to be conservative. We shouldn't wrap them up in those expectations and question their "loyalty" if they aren't as outrageous.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(06-17-2022, 04:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who cares?

Basically what you are saying is that no one is allowed to express their opinions because you get so triggered.

The world does not have to bow to your special demands.  If you are really going to let politics ruin your enjoyment of football then that is your problem, not Burrows.  He does not have to honor your "safe zone".

it doesn't ruin my love for the bengals at all.
i never said he wasn't allowed to say what he wants. i said he's making a mistake doing it. btw, speaking of safe zones and getting triggered, you might want to look threw burrows retweets and likes before you go there lol
(06-17-2022, 04:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: Some people play right into the stereotype that gives conservatives a bad rep. I'll just leave it at that. Seems miserable to be so judgmental of every individual and not allow any independent thought without deeming them this and that for thinking differently. How can what Joe said be so much worse for some then what we saw on 1/6? That is where credibility fails. Especially when it comes to "patriotism".

But whatever. Interesting to see Burrow cancelled by the anti - cancel culture folks.

Posters don't have to be extreme to be conservative.

I feel ya

Quote:Conservatives are pretty much proven wrong over time every time.  That is what happens when your brain is stuck in the past.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-17-2022, 04:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: Some people play right into the stereotype that gives conservatives a bad rep. I'll just leave it at that. Seems miserable to be so judgmental of every individual and not allow any independent thought without deeming them this and that for thinking differently. How can what Joe said be so much worse for some then what we saw on 1/6? That is where credibility fails. Especially when it comes to "patriotism".

Posters don't have to be extreme to be conservative.

burrow has supported people being cancelled and being made fun of, so not sure why he doesn't get your criticism too. seems like you only want to acuse one side and ignore when it's one of your own. i won't touch on the other stuff because it doesn't directly relate to burrow.
(06-17-2022, 04:52 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: you don't think any of the things i listed in post 163 were stupid? come on buddy. burrow would've been better off to not do any of those things.

Yes, his political opinions are different from yours.  No, I don't think they are stupid.  But it is hard to tell because all I got was your version of them.

LeBron, on the other hand, has said some stuff that was really stupid.  He is bad to jump to judgement on events before the facts are in.  I have not seen Burrow do anything like that.
(06-17-2022, 04:58 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: burrow has supported people being cancelled and being made fun of, so not sure why he doesn't get your criticism too.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Some people deserve to be cancelled or made fun of.  Or don't you believe in individual accountability?
(06-17-2022, 05:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, his political opinions are different from yours.  No, I don't think they are stupid.  But it is hard to tell because all I got was your version of them.

LeBron, on the other hand, has said some stuff that was really stupid.  He is bad to jump to judgement on events before the facts are in.  I have not seen Burrow do anything like that.

wtf? how is it MY version? they are literally all on video or twitter, FROM HIM. lol

maybe you didn't agree with him on some of those things but you don't want top admit it?
(06-17-2022, 04:58 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote:  seems like you only want to acuse one side and ignore when it's one of your own.

Except I just got through criticizing LeBron for the stupid stuff he says.

You seem to be the one who is completely blinded by partisan politics.
(06-17-2022, 05:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have no idea what you are talking about.

Some people deserve to be cancelled or made fun of.  Or don't you believe in individual accountability?

so it's ok when the one side does it, but not the other? got it buddy
(06-17-2022, 05:06 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: wtf? how is it MY version? they are literally all on video or twitter, FROM HIM. lol

maybe you didn't agree with him on some of those things but you don't want top admit it?

The comments you made in your post are so vague I have no idea what they even pertain to.  So how can I know if I agree with them or not?

If he was making fun of Trump for claiming the election was stolen then I am fine with that.  But if he is making fun of Trump for ordering the US military out of Afghanistan then I disagree.

Unlike you I don't just blindly agree with everything the people in my party say.  I am capable of thinking for myself.
(06-17-2022, 05:10 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: so it's ok when the one side does it, but not the other? got it buddy

No.  I never said anything like that.

Care to comment on what I actually did say?
(06-17-2022, 05:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The comments you made in your post are so vague I have no idea what they even pertain to.  So how can I know if I agree with them or not?

If he was making fun of Trump for claiming the election was stolen then I am fine with that.  But if he is making fun of Trump for ordering the US military out of Afghanistan then I disagree.

Unlike you I don't just blindly agree with everything the people in my party say.

he liked a tweet making fun of trump for being a wwe hall of famer that became president. pretty classless.

when lsu went to the white house, he kept making faces, smirking and laughing while trump talked. even more classless.
(06-17-2022, 05:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I never said anything like that.

Care to comment on what I actually did say?

when did you call burrow out for the same things you acused me of. cancelling and safe spaces or whatever? here's a hint. you didn't. he gets a free pass in your eyes.
i'm about done with this.

why is burrow untouchable to criticism and being called out for his takes?
Damn, leave the thread for a couple hours, and Q enters the chat Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

(06-17-2022, 04:58 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: burrow has supported people being cancelled and being made fun of, so not sure why he doesn't get your criticism too. 

If Burrow rallied against cancel culture and then promoted it, i'd give him the side eye too. But I can't let politics determine who I am close or cool with. I appreciate all the opinions even if I don't agree. I also am willing to learn and change my opinion which is something we need more of in our public discourse. It's never good to keep just people who agree with you around you. It doesn't make for a well rounded individual. It makes for a close minded and sheltered person. 

(06-17-2022, 03:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: When did I say they took over the US. He said armed citizens have no chance against an army with guns and wmds. Seems to me like we just got kicked out of Afghanistan by a bunch of guys with no army but lots of guns.

Not to mention that little skirmish in the 80s with Russia....

"Better send those refunds..."

(06-17-2022, 05:25 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: propaganda.

Opinions are opinions. It's possible people speak an opinion without "spreading propaganda" do you approach every thing you say as spreading your political party's propaganda?......

Nevermind, don't answer that.

Not everyone does tho. Some people just speak their feelings and say how they feel. 

I respect your opinion tho. I wish you'd tone it down and not be so extreme, cause it makes it easy for people to mock conservatives who do have their points about things. And it makes me wonder if it is your thoughts and values or if you are just "brainwashed" as folks like to say about people knee deep in political beliefs. But if you looking for people to slam Burrow around here, you barking up the wrong tree.

Either way LJ and Burrow are doing far better than any of us are so it's not worth the energy to hate or be mad at. No one should have that power over you. Especially those who don't even know you.

(06-17-2022, 05:18 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: he liked a tweet making fun of trump for being a wwe hall of famer that became president. pretty classless.

The WWE is an entire business based on pretending a lie is real.  I can see where that would something funny to see on a serious Presidential candidates resume.  Kind of like being in the Flat Earth Society hall of fame.

(06-17-2022, 05:18 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: when lsu went to the white house, he kept making faces, smirking and laughing while trump talked. even more classless.

Donlad Trump is famous for being a raging asshole and calling people nasty names.  In fact that is what many of his fans liked most about him.  And he did not just limit it to when he was "off duty".  i saw him at an event that was supposed to honor Native American Veterans and he used it as a chance to call Elizabet Warren "Pocahontis".  Another time he made faces and spastic arm motions mocking disabled reporter Serge Kovaleski.

It absolutely blows my mind how Trump supporters squeal with delight when he mocks and insults people but get triggered when anyone does it to him.