Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow criticize the offensive play calling
(09-19-2021, 08:42 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Zac Taylor doesnt deserve these guys. I commend him for putting a good roster together over the last couple years, but he either needs to hire a real OC or pack his f'ing bags. He is holding this team back and Burrow is on pace to end up like Luck. This has to stop. The players must think he's a complete idiot.

He's an idiot and needs to at the very least have his play calling duties taken from him. He should've cost us the win week 1 and after looking at the stats and seeing how little this defense gave the Bears. They had 116 total passing and 123 total rushing and with the talent we have on offense we can't answer. This is a good roster and somebody deserves credit but someone has to figure out we're not using them correctly on offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 08:06 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Mixon still wants to be Le'Veon Bell -  doesn't hit the hole wants to dance and be patience but doesn't have the time or ability to perform.

I'd rather have a Cedric Benson type RB at this point.

Id rather have a Gio kind of back to pair with Mixon who can actually pass block and make plays.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I did not think Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan would be this awful — but Lou Anarumo has actually improved play on his side of the ball.

With respect to the Sean McVay coaching tree I think we got the sap.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No blame for the WR that actually dropped a deep ball and fumbled?

Sure, this just didn't seem like the thread for it..I interpreted this thread to be about JaMarr....my bad
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
How many sacks did we give up today? Kinda tough to "take shots" when your QB has no time to do so. When your blocking is this bad, it kiiiinda hinders everything about the offense.

You can't get the time needed to take deep shots, so you try to chip away with quick throws to open things up, but then you become predictable and suddenly DBs are sitting on routes and picking you off.

Maybe next year we'll start to take this line seriously. Are we at 9 sacks allowed already? Sheesh.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How many sacks did we give up today? Kinda tough to "take shots" when your QB has no time to do so. When your blocking is this bad, it kiiiinda hinders everything about the offense.

You can't get the time needed to take deep shots, so you try to chip away with quick throws to open things up, but then you become predictable and suddenly DBs are sitting on routes and picking you off.

Maybe next year we'll start to take this line seriously. Are we at 9 sacks allowed already? Sheesh.

This. Burrow is not going to survive this year taking 4-5 sacks a game. 
Reply/Quote
Cya Zachary, it’s about time to hand over the play calls to Callahan because you have stunk for 3 years running calling the plays. I want Jeff Lebby from Ole Miss as our OC
Reply/Quote
At least Lamar looks like garbage the last couple weeks. Throws a pick six on the second play. KC should run away with this one.

Honestly, if we can beat the Steelers next week we’ll be right there with the browns. The coaching is definitely holding us back—which is beyond frustrating. A good coach would have us in first place right now.
Reply/Quote
I kept wondering why Burrow would take the shotgun snap and just stand there instead of dropping back. Makes sense now and just illustrates how inept this staff can be when they don't see that it's not working and try to change things up a bit. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Hold people accountable like how Zac points the finger at everyone else except himself, Chase and Burrow are used to winning, and they see where the problem is. 3 years running and the offense has been mediocre at best. We need a proven coach, who has showed something preferably a OC or DC.. not another position coach.
Reply/Quote
Burrow had several plays where he just stood there for multiple seconds and did nothing - including three of the sacks. Yes he had a bad day today but the incredibly stupid game plan was by far the biggest culprit - it set the offense up to fail.
Reply/Quote
I thought Reiff and Spain along with Higgins and Burrow were to blame for the loss.
Reply/Quote
The culprits today were Zac Taylor and Joe Burrow. Taylor for the awful game plan and Burrow for the repeated mental mistakes including staring down receivers, telegraphing his targets, holding the ball too long and zero movement in the pocket.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How many sacks did we give up today? Kinda tough to "take shots" when your QB has no time to do so. When your blocking is this bad, it kiiiinda hinders everything about the offense.

To be fair, he was taking plenty of shots without dropping back.  Might as well give it as shot if the staff's countermeasure for lack of protection clearly isn't working.  There really was zero reason for Chicago to think that' they'd even attempt a deep pass after the first few series.  

I defended the organization in the offseason when many decried the lack of effort in revamping the line.  I was willing to wait and see what would happen with the additions of Reiff and Carman plus the return of Pollack.  I feel like I've seen enough to say that they failed badly.  Carman is MIA so far and that seems to stem from lack of want-to and effort.  

I felt like Chase was going to be the guy at 5 no matter what.  I personally think he's going to be a great player for us for a long time and do not regret it.  Drafting o-linemen early is often a tough road to travel as the transition from college to pro has a tough learning curve these days.  I do, however, feel like they needed to shell out some cash in FA for guys on the interior if they were set on drafting a WR.  Didn't have to be Thuney, but it needed to be someone.  Rodney Hudson seems to be working out nicely in AZ.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How many sacks did we give up today? Kinda tough to "take shots" when your QB has no time to do so. When your blocking is this bad, it kiiiinda hinders everything about the offense.

A screen pass here and there to keep the D line honest would be nice but it’s just too complicated for ZT to call.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:04 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: A screen pass here and there to keep the D line honest would be nice but it’s just too complicated for ZT to call.

They did NOTHING to keep the D honest at all. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 10:04 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: A screen pass here and there to keep the D line honest would be nice but it’s just too complicated for ZT to call.

The Bengals are not allowed to call screens...are you kidding me? Imagine them calling a screen on an overly aggresive defensive line and rambling down the field with Evans or Mixon for about 38 yards...you not that's not allowed in this scripted, imean, this 100% authentic NGL
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:49 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I thought Reiff and Spain along with Higgins and Burrow were to blame for the loss.

Why in the world are you including Spain? He didn’t allow a single pressure.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I kept wondering why Burrow would take the shotgun snap and just stand there instead of dropping back. Makes sense now and just illustrates how inept this staff can be when they don't see that it's not working and try to change things up a bit. 

Yep

We could be, probably should be 0-2 right now. And the real problem isn't the Oline (yes they're not probowlers). It isn't JB (Yes he's held the ball to long and made some bad decisions). It isn't Mixon or the WR's or insert whatever excuse here ___________________.

It's the HC 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:57 PM)samhain Wrote: To be fair, he was taking plenty of shots without dropping back.  Might as well give it as shot if the staff's countermeasure for lack of protection clearly isn't working.  There really was zero reason for Chicago to think that' they'd even attempt a deep pass after the first few series.  

I defended the organization in the offseason when many decried the lack of effort in revamping the line.  I was willing to wait and see what would happen with the additions of Reiff and Carman plus the return of Pollack.  I feel like I've seen enough to say that they failed badly.  Carman is MIA so far and that seems to stem from lack of want-to and effort.  

I felt like Chase was going to be the guy at 5 no matter what.  I personally think he's going to be a great player for us for a long time and do not regret it.  Drafting o-linemen early is often a tough road to travel as the transition from college to pro has a tough learning curve these days.  I do, however, feel like they needed to shell out some cash in FA for guys on the interior if they were set on drafting a WR.  Didn't have to be Thuney, but it needed to be someone.  Rodney Hudson seems to be working out nicely in AZ.  

Couldn’t agree more with the bold. FA is where they failed this OL. Not the draft.

Reply/Quote