Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow criticize the offensive play calling
(09-19-2021, 07:59 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: We certainly agree that, "There are a lot of problems with this team but......." but the Bengals have so many positional weaknesses and RB ins just one.

Mixon isn’t a problem, stop it.

The contract is
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:44 PM)Tony Wrote: O-line is so important.  They aren't close. The defense will come back to earth next week. FIELDS and that Bears offense is just awful.... Losing to a team like the Bears , it just shows how far away they really are.. An off-season of fa Oline and draft picks could help...

Yup, this oline playing this way is inexcusable. I'll admit physically Pollack has em playing better be it due to techniques scheme or what have you but these miscommunications are unacceptable. There was a bunch last week and even more this week. Idk who's at fault they're probably taking turns but whoever and or whatever it is be it Burrow not calling it out properly  bad communication between linemen whatever it is needs to get fixed. Can't have untouched rushers hitting Burrow every week like this. I understand it happens to every team but it happens way too often in cincy. If they can't get it right put someone in that can get it right. That knows their assignment or how to properly communicate and call out the proper assignments, at least then they'll be in the damn way before they get physically beat and get Burrow lit up.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 08:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Mixon isn’t a problem, stop it.

The contract is

Mixon is only a problem in one area, and that protecting the QB. His blocking leaves a lot to be desired.
Reply/Quote
Now Burrow has called out the play calling, not a good look for Taylor
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 08:00 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Mike Brown made a Carl Pickens clause in contracts once upon a time about speaking out against him and coaches and such. If he is still the owner, there is no promise he will back the players over the coach his daughter picked.

Having 2 disgruntled top 5 picks would certainly be something…

But I doubt he’ll remain “bullish” on Taylor much longer. He’s given him free reign to draft his own players, pick his own coaches, and has spent more on FA’s than he ever did for Marvin.

They can easily make Tobin the scapegoat for hiring Taylor.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Mixon still wants to be Le'Veon Bell - doesn't hit the hole wants to dance and be patience but doesn't have the time or ability to perform.

I'd rather have a Cedric Benson type RB at this point.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Glad he’s calling Zac out. Was a terrible game he called today

D did well
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 08:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Mixon is only a problem in one area, and that protecting the QB. His blocking leaves a lot to be desired.

He isn't a strong as Gio that is for sure but he also shows that he can do it on certain plays as shown below. On the first INT, Mixon does a nice job blocking as he stones a guy who has beaten Reiff inside, then on the next one... he whiffs.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I called out Zac’s playcalling and the hideous offensive line play in my press conference after the game.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:18 PM)Deacon Wrote: So, umm, when are all the better teams in the NFL gonna offer you guys the coaching and front office positions you're all so clearly deserving of? I mean, you've got all the answers.

Y'all enjoy the bigotry and blatant racism.

I agree deacon!  We've had a black HC, I think this franchise should run the  gambit.

The next HC should be a blatant homosexual. If he doesn't work, then hire a lesbian. If she doesn't work, then by golly a transsexual, and eventually the franchise should have at least a playoff win under their belts!  Cool  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 08:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Mixon isn’t a problem, stop it.

The contract is

What's the difference?
Reply/Quote
We drafted Chase so they can dink & dunk for 3 QTRS???? FFS!!!! I have always hated a HC to be calling the offense plays.

We will never succeed with Zac. We need Reid or some caliber HC.

Zac will be gone next season, MIKE, please assign the offense plays to Callahan, thank you.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 08:06 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Mixon still wants to be Le'Veon Bell -  doesn't hit the hole wants to dance and be patience but doesn't have the time or ability to perform.

I'd rather have a Cedric Benson type RB at this point.

Patrick is the man.
Reply/Quote
This is the offensive playcaller Zac Taylor I remember.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor doesnt deserve these guys. I commend him for putting a good roster together over the last couple years, but he either needs to hire a real OC or pack his f'ing bags. He is holding this team back and Burrow is on pace to end up like Luck. This has to stop. The players must think he's a complete idiot.
Reply/Quote
ZT stinks.
Callahan stinks.
The IOL stinks.
Duke Tobin stinks.
Mike Brown stinks.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah...plus players airing grievances hasn't really led to a lot of good in these parts. 

It’s an integral part of Festivus.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 08:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s an integral part of Festivus.

I totally want to see Chase wrestle Taylor now…

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 08:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s an integral part of Festivus.

Scrooge doesn't believe in holidays.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 08:42 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Zac Taylor doesnt deserve these guys. I commend him for putting a good roster together over the last couple years, but he either needs to hire a real OC or pack his f'ing bags. He is holding this team back and Burrow is on pace to end up like Luck. This has to stop. The players must think he's a complete idiot.

Last week's 4th down call in the 3rd and this week's gameplan are fireable offenses.  Problem is, who replaces him?  Nobody on the staff save Simmons deserves it, and I'm not sure Darin is the guy I want running things.  We're stuck with these clowns for another year, but I doubt he survives if this continues.  
Reply/Quote