Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow criticize the offensive play calling
(09-19-2021, 07:12 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: This team is close to being good.

Got to clean some of the nonsense up.

I think you mean "close to being average."
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did you skip last week’s game?
Reply/Quote

Straight up out coached.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Straight up out coached.

Didn't he also call out the defense for not getting as many tournovers? 

Edit: he did, but I don't have Twitter so I can't post it
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:31 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Need a better RB than "Hoppalong" Mixon to make that happen. At this point the Bengals need to sign a tall fat guy who could fall forward and get 3 yards. Mixon is nothing but a 2.1 yards cloud of embarrassing dust. Hope 2022 draft brings us a true ball carrier.

He averaged 4.4 yards last week and 3.4 yards today. Today wasn't great but so far this season he has been quite a bit better than 2.1 yards.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:40 PM)sloSTI Wrote: Didn't he also call out the defense for not getting as many tournovers? 

Yep. He’s ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
Did you skip his last two years? 46th in 2020 with a 3.6 YPC  and 33rd in 2019 with a 4.1 YPC. Boy, I would certainly pay $12 million a year for that production! Sorry to say "Hopalong" is a cancer to the offense. Time to move on and draft another ball carrier.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:41 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: He averaged 4.4 yards last week and 3.4 yards today. Today wasn't great but so far this season he has been quite a bit better than 2.1 yards.

He literally won ground player of the week lol. Blaming Joe Mixon of all people right now is quite odd.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:12 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: This team is close to being good.

Got to clean some of the nonsense up.

O-line is so important.  They aren't close. The defense will come back to earth next week. FIELDS and that Bears offense is just awful.... Losing to a team like the Bears , it just shows how far away they really are.. An off-season of fa Oline and draft picks could help...
Reply/Quote
They were in a cover 3 zone watching Burrows eyes whole game and Zac kept calling plays right into the strength of that defense.

Everyone knew going in Bears secondary was by far weakest link of their defense and he didn't bother to challenge them. It was only a matter of time with the dink and dunk bs they were doing til they were gonna jump routes and get picks or in worst case scenario like today pick 6. He didn't throw any seams or outside the numbers intermediate stuff at all really. I remember 1 to Higgins for about a 15 yd out route but that's about it. He didn't bother to challenge cover 3 where everyone knows cover 3 is weak.The Bears weren't even disguising it much, you could see it before damn near every snap.

Now if you come in knowing that's where they're weak so you decide to do something a little different because you think they'll think that's what you're going to be doing fine, but there's no excuse to get into the game and have them running it again and again then go into halftime and not change anything.

He's either overthinking things and or just an awful playcaller and has an awful feel for how games are playing out. I say probably both but more so the latter. An elementary school kid who's only exposure to that kind of football knowledge is playing madden could see what was happening and make better calls and know where to try to exploit the coverage they're playing and the weakest part of their defense.

There's bad playcalling and then there's this which is unbelievably bad so idk what you could call it. Fired or giving up playcalling duties would be a good name in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:44 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Did you skip his last two years? 46th in 2020 with a 3.6 YPC  and 33rd in 2019 with a 4.1 YPC. Boy, I would certainly pay $12 million a year for that production! Sorry to say "Hopalong" is a cancer to the offense. Time to move on and draft another ball carrier.

A cancer to the offense? What a ridiculous take. If you want to argue he’s overpaid, ok, but a “cancer?”

GTFOH

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:44 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Did you skip his last two years? 46th in 2020 with a 3.6 YPC  and 33rd in 2019 with a 4.1 YPC. Boy, I would certainly pay $12 million a year for that production! Sorry to say "Hopalong" is a cancer to the offense. Time to move on and draft another ball carrier.

Joe’s fine

He’s never had a good...

Forget it, I’m repeating myself

Anyways, Mixon’s contract is stupid, yes.

But he’s not the reason why the run game stinks.

You saw gio and perine stink it up in previous years
Reply/Quote
....Did an awfully quick 180 from the narrative that the Lewis Bengals were just toxic malcontents who needed to go and all the Taylor Bengals were 100% on board with Taylor's plan and the "New Dey" and loved him and his vision for the team.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A cancer to the offense? What a ridiculous take. If you want to argue he’s overpaid, ok, but a “cancer?”

GTFOH

OK, I will take back the cancer analogy and replace with  tumor. Like the guy but he is not a top tier RB. Attack me if you want but I will stand by his historical stats. BTW, who wouldn't trade Mixon for the third rounder Montgomery in a second.
Reply/Quote

It's fine to be unhappy with Mixon's contract based on his production.  But don't make stats up (2.1 Y/C) to try and make a point.  There are a lot of problems with this team but Mixon isn't one of them.  In fact I think if some of those other problems got corrected he would improve quite a bit.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ....Did an awfully quick 180 from the narrative that the Lewis Bengals were just toxic malcontents who needed to go and all the Taylor Bengals were 100% on board with Taylor's plan and the "New Dey" and loved him and his vision for the team.

Yeah...plus players airing grievances hasn't really led to a lot of good in these parts. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah...plus players airing grievances hasn't really led to a lot of good in these parts. 

Different when it’s your 2 cornerstone top 5 picks. The team will have no choice but to back Burrow and Chase if things get ugly (well…uglier).

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Different when it’s your 2 cornerstone top 5 picks. The team will have no choice but to back Burrow and Chase if things get ugly (well…uglier).

I guess as long as they complain about ZT and not MB things could be ok.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:51 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: It's fine to be unhappy with Mixon's contract based on his production.  But don't make stats up (2.1 Y/C) to try and make a point.  There are a lot of problems with this team but Mixon isn't one of them.  In fact I think if some of those other problems got corrected he would improve quite a bit.

We certainly agree that, "There are a lot of problems with this team ......." but the Bengals have so many positional weaknesses and RB is just one.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Different when it’s your 2 cornerstone top 5 picks. The team will have no choice but to back Burrow and Chase if things get ugly (well…uglier).

Mike Brown made a Carl Pickens clause in contracts once upon a time about speaking out against him and coaches and such. If he is still the owner, there is no promise he will back the players over the coach his daughter picked.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote