Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Ja'Marr Chase and Joe Burrow criticize the offensive play calling
Did Zac take away Joe's ability to audible? I'm gonna say no. If Chase catches that early slant maybe we can go deep.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well if we had actually done something on 3rd down and under 5, maybe we could have had more plays to throw deep, burrow and WRs seemed off especially on 3rd down
Reply/Quote
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:43 PM)Millhouse Wrote:

Zac you only threw out of empty and stacked under center for run plays.... It was like screaming at the defense pass rush on this play attack run gaps on this play. 

It was the most unimaginative straight forward gameplan I have ever seen in the NFL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did Zac take away Joe's ability to audible? I'm gonna say no. If Chase catches that early slant maybe we can go deep.

So you’re saying that Zac can call whatever lame play he wants, and Burrow needs to audible out of every bad play call. Talk about making your qb’s job harder than it needs to be.

I’d like a coach that hits on most of his play calls and makes his qb and players look good.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did Zac take away Joe's ability to audible? I'm gonna say no. If Chase catches that early slant maybe we can go deep.

No blame for the WR that actually dropped a deep ball and fumbled?

Reply/Quote

Maybe going empty so frequently contributed to those turnovers, coach?
The finger pointing only works for so long. While the missed blocks by OL/RBs/TEs, Burrow making some questionable decisions made it an uphill battle....ZT had a garbage gameplan against a defense that apparently the Bengals were well aware of it's intentions. I don't recall ONE screen play. 
Someone get ZT a mirror.
Tiger WhoDey2
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote

You liked the matchups did you? Did you consider the blocking matchups?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No blame for the WR that actually dropped a deep ball and fumbled?

Plenty of blame to go around and Higgins certainly is on the list.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No blame for the WR that actually dropped a deep ball and fumbled?

Deflect! Deflect criticism away from Jamarr! Deflect!

Must protect Jamarr Chase
Reply/Quote
I think there's enough blame to spread it around on offense. However, Zac needs to step up and admit his game plan was shit.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Deflect! Deflect criticism away from Jamarr! Deflect!

Must protect Jamarr Chase

Not hard to defend Chase considering he’s the reason we were in both games 1 & 2….
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:56 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Maybe going empty so frequently contributed to those turnovers, coach?
The finger pointing only works for so long. While the missed blocks by OL/RBs/TEs, Burrow making some questionable decisions made it an uphill battle....ZT had a garbage gameplan against a defense that apparently the Bengals were well aware of it's intentions. I don't recall ONE screen play. 
Someone get ZT a mirror.
Tiger WhoDey2

Yeah I am of the opinion that quarterbacks, no matter how good they are, need to get into a 'rhythm'. The Bengals game plan did pretty little in trying to get Joe B going as Mixon was getting 2-3 yds carry, and when they needed him the most in the second half, it was as if he came off the bench cold.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

The fumble was definitely on him. The deep ball I saw was off his finger tips. I don’t put that on him necessarily. They should have taken another shot or two and he would have caught a deep one.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:04 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Not hard to defend Chase considering he’s the reason we were in both games 1 & 2….

He’s been fine sure.

Burrow isn’t fine though. He’s on pace to set the record for most times sacked in a season

But hey, that jamar chase is really helping the team.

Really opening that run game up like people here said it would.

3.5 yards per carry today against chicago? Woo! That’s good stuff
Reply/Quote
AJ Green only took 2 games to get a TD this year. What a game in AZ. Our defense really did a great job limiting a great offense last week. If only our offense could figure things out..
Reply/Quote
My only knock on Chase was the horrible attempt of block on that one Mixon carry. I just shook my head. Honestly though, we don't pay Chase to block. We pay him to catch 50 yard TDs and 42 yard TDs respectively.
Reply/Quote
This team is close to being good.

Got to clean some of the nonsense up.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:06 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: He’s been fine sure.

Burrow isn’t fine though. He’s on pace to set the record for most times sacked in a season

But hey, that jamar chase is really helping the team.

Really opening that run game up like people here said it would.

3.5 yards per carry today against chicago? Woo! That’s good stuff

Need a better RB than "Hoppalong" Mixon to make that happen. At this point the Bengals need to sign a tall fat guy who could fall forward and get 3 yards. Mixon is nothing but a 2.1 yards cloud of embarrassing dust. Hope 2022 draft brings us a true ball carrier.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 07:31 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Need a better RB than "Hoppalong" Mixon to make that happen. At this point the Bengals need to sign a tall fat guy who could fall forward and get 3 yards. Mixon is nothing but a 2.1 yards cloud of embarrassing dust. Hope 2022 draft brings us a true ball carrier.

Did you skip last week’s game?

Reply/Quote